SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray

GBpakrzz

And not playing. I read Haks comments on how they wanted to not risk any further injury and I just don't think there is any thing more important than the right now with a weekend off next weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying he should be out there? :lol:

There's a difference between being hurt and being injured. If you're hurt... suck it up and play. If you're injured, sit it out... no matter who your opponent is that weekend.

Are you saying he should be out there? :lol:

There's a difference between being hurt and being injured. If you're hurt... suck it up and play. If you're injured, sit it out... no matter who your opponent is that weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree. Hak says we will need Brady down the stretch.... I would say that these two games vs. DU qualify as being part of the "stretch".

I think it all depends on the nature of the injury and where he's at in the healing process.

While this is an important weekend, it's not do or die. If Murray risks losing the rest of the season due to one strong hit, how wise is it to play him?

Or, if his ability to play is yet limited, why risk it.

I have no issue with waiting until he's healthy.

On another note, how do you see the lines changing in his first game back? I really like what Spirko has done playing on the first line... but does he now go to the second line? IMO, I'd like to see him and Zajac kept together... add Murray and you might have a line that can finally produce some goals.

On another note, how do you see the lines changing in his first game back?  I really like what Spirko has done playing on the first line... but does he now go to the second line?  IMO, I'd like to see him and Zajac kept together... add Murray and you might have a line that can finally produce some goals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep Stafford/Zajac/Spirko together, get Brady with Porter centered by McMahon.

Sparky-Zajac-Stafford seem to be meshing. Don't mess with the only hint of offense we've seen this year.

Put Murray with Porter and Genoway and hope to get a second line going. The speed of Murray and Porter should get them some space for Colby to try to be a playmaker.

Put McMahon back with Prpich (and Marvin?, I wish I could say Kaip) and task them with not letting the other team score within 90 seconds after we do. :silly:

Put Canady, Fylling, and Massen together and hope for the best (and that's a pretty sad statement to make about three seniors).

Sparky-Zajac-Stafford seem to be meshing. Don't mess with the only hint of offense we've seen this year.

Put Murray with Porter and Genoway and hope to get a second line going. The speed of Murray and Porter should get them some space for Colby to try to be a  playmaker.

Put McMahon back with Prpich (and Marvin?, I wish I could say Kaip) and task them with not letting the other team score within 90 seconds after we do.  :silly:

Put Canady, Fylling, and Massen together and hope for the best (and that's a pretty sad statement to make about three seniors).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Completely overlooked Genoway, but yes, I agree, I like McMahon/Prpich/Kaip also.

I'd like McMahon, Prpich, and Massen, being as Kaip is hurt.

Siouxhockey5

Like my first post said, I'm looking for a shut-down line. McMahon, yes, Prpich, yes, Massen, history says no. Marvin would be a better choice. Kaip would be the best choice.

Here's why I said Massen, right now this team is lacking some scoring, I like the first two lines, and since people were extending down to the third, I like Massen over Marvin, he has done it before, I really wish he would do it again. I do understand what you are talking about in a shut down line as well. Thats all, Geez.

Siouxhockey5

We need a shut-down line.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Sparky would agree. Look at how many goals he's scored or assisted on that have been quickly wiped out. No wonder he said after Friday's game:

"It seemed like after each goal, we got satisfied and then we lost concentration or took stupid penalties. They scored right away. You have to be aware in those situations."

Yeah, I really think with McMahon and Murray back, we could get things back towards the right track. I only wish Kaip was healthy. I'm pretty much writing him off for the rest of the season.

Most importantly though, we need Murray back healthy and to stay healthy.

Good question. Nobody seems to know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought I read somewhere that he might be done for the season. Post Concussion syndrome. I heard Hak say on the coaches show that they don't even have a clue when he got hurt so they don't have a baseline to go on. I think its kind of scarey. Some of the players in the NHL have had the same problem, if I am not mistake Paul Karia had the same problem. I suppose his conditioning is also shot from being out so long. The kid is good defensively and it would be nice to have him in the line up. I suppose the kid is frustrated also by not being able to play.

Edited by Goon