SiouxSports.com Forum

Past Committed Recruits (Our reflection).

SiouxFanSince1990

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2023 at 11:38 PM, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

As mentioned in the commitment thread, anyone have posts from the past that they would care to reflect on?

When Beoser was coming in, I knew he was good, but didn’t realize the kind of impact he would have as a freshman. Similar to Blakes impact. I knew he was good, but this good out the gate? Didn’t expect it.

Any idea of who will get our attention immediately from the freshman class?  I am looking for immediate break through for at least two freshman defensemen.  There are a few teams early in the schedule that will require maturity at defense.

The thread is alive! 

I personally feel like Perron could absolutely make our offense next level, depending on how he’s used. Managing his minutes properly is key. 

As for defense, I don’t see an offensive impact, but more importantly a defensive one. Mix them up with the super seniors? I believe it would be wise for Berry to preach staying home more than taking chances. 

38 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Any idea of who will get our attention immediately from the freshman class?  I am looking for immediate break through for at least two freshman defensemen.  There are a few teams early in the schedule that will require maturity at defense.

To add, I’d say Weibe has a good chance to make the power play at some point. Really depends on how the seniors play?

45 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

Perron is a stud. He’s a compliment though, has to play with good players.

6 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

To add, I’d say Weibe has a good chance to make the power play at some point. Really depends on how the seniors play?

Interested in Weibe too. Good size, marinated a bit at junior. If given a look he could run with a role. Biggest question mark is Livinage…he’s either going to overachieve by grabbing a PP role early or he’ll play here and there. I don’t think there’s any in between. 

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Perron is a stud. He’s a compliment though, has to play with good players.

My worry about our scoring is that we need to score more 5 on 5, which I think we will do.  Beyond that, my concern is scoring against those tough grind it out teams where time and space are tough to come by.  Can this group get to the net and grind it out against those teams, or are we going to have to win 2-1 games?  Hopefully guys like Strinden take a step forward and Johannes and Emerson have a net front presence to bang home some garbage goals to add to what should once again be a potent power play.

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

My worry about our scoring is that we need to score more 5 on 5, which I think we will do.  Beyond that, my concern is scoring against those tough grind it out teams where time and space are tough to come by.  Can this group get to the net and grind it out against those teams, or are we going to have to win 2-1 games?  Hopefully guys like Strinden take a step forward and Johannes and Emerson have a net front presence to bang home some garbage goals to add to what should once again be a potent power play.

That seems to be Emerson's MO, so that's good.

11 hours ago, tnt said:

Oh the team should be fine up front. The question marks will come at D and G.

47 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Oh the team should be fine up front. The question marks will come at D and G.

Yes, and the forwards will be aware of that.   It will be interesting to see if they can keep their O game strong and still shoulder their D roles.  

Um ... I thought this thread was about past, FORMER, UND players, not guys yet to even yank on the kelly green. 

Jason Blake? Sure.
Jackson Blake ... he's not 'past'.

Most of the last 24 hours here is better served in the 2023-24 season thread. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1