SiouxSports.com Forum

Princeton and Yale

The Sicatoka

I really don't know much about the Princeton or Yale hockey teams this season other than both have played exhibitions against Western Onterio and the US Under-18 team and won.

There a nice article in the New Haven newspaper:

North Dakota hockey team makes maiden voyage to Yale

Few teams in men's collegiate athletics can match the success of the University of North Dakota hockey program.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...t_id=7591&rfi=8

Maybe some of our friends down I-94 will find some of this info interesting. Apparently it is not as easy for some teams to schedule the NC games they might like to have. Of course they might choke over Taylors comments on Blais.

I have said this for along timeThe Sioux have been helping everyone else's PWR rankings for years! :p

Game time is 6 p.m., CT, so I'm guessing pre-game is 1/2 hour before that. I'll be glued to the radio. By the way, Forecheck, saw you strutting your stuff on the catwalk at the game--very impressive. Did you get to keep the stocking cap and sweatshirt? P.S. Al's running a bus to St. Cloud. We'll miss you if you're not there.

For those who want to know a little more about Princeton's team this year:

NJ Times:

The article paints them as having good depth, but they have 10 freshmen and only 2 returning 10+ point-scorers. I'd have to think UND is slightly favored to win.

You'd never know it by the comments in this article, though:

NJ Times #2

My favorite quote is from their 6' 5" 220 lb. senior captain, Parros. " I am dying to get them in here in a small rink. I think it is going to be great to bang them around a bit."

Game time is 6 p.m., CT, so I'm guessing pre-game is 1/2 hour before that. I'll be glued to the radio. By the way, Forecheck, saw you strutting your stuff on the catwalk at the game--very impressive. Did you get to keep the stocking cap and sweatshirt? P.S. Al's running a bus to St. Cloud. We'll miss you if you're not there.

Hehe, yeah, some guy came over to our section and was looking for people to make an ass out of themselves on the ice, so naturally I volunteered. :p I didn't get to keep the clothes, unfortunately. The guy and girl who exchanged clothes the fastest got to keep the hat they were wearing, but my partner (who is probably reading this board :p ) sucked. You cost me a hat Ryan!

I'd like to go to St. Cloud. I thought I would automatically get on some calling list or something since I went last year. I never got a call...

The guy and girl who exchanged clothes the fastest got to keep the hat they were wearing, but my partner (who is probably reading this board ;) ) sucked.

He just needs more practice at taking his clothes off. ;):p:p

Some of Blais postgame comments:

Unhappy with the Lundbohm Notermann Spiewak line. Said they weren't communicating and didn't create chances. Said Notermann worked hard and had chances and nothing to show for it. Said the other guys need to communicated better with him and tell him when to shoot and when to pass.

Unhappy with Hale and Fylling and someone else for taking stupid penalties.

Unhappy that Genoway didn't communicate with Jones on Princeton's first goal.

Didn't think the team played very well. Unhappy that no other lines created chances. Thought Jones played the best of the defensemen.

Most of the guys played very average

One wonders if Blais shouldn't just sit Bochenski Parise and Fylling for a game just to see how everyone else reacts. No, I'm not real serious.

Will Massen be playing tomorrow night? As a Devils' fan, I was hoping to see both prospects play and was disappointed that he did not. I really liked Hale when I saw him play in Albany in 2000 - tonight, the best thing I can say is he earned my fantasy team a few points with his PIM.

thanks for any info,

-Melissa

When Massen was interviewed between periods, it sounded as if there was a good chance he'd play against Yale. Given Blais' disappointment with how all the lines except Parise's played, I wouldn't be surprised to see Massen in the lineup Saturday.

While it is nice to get a win, it seems that the team slopped it through. :p I would hope that the other lines would have contributed more to the effort. I'd guess Blais might start doing more "cut and paste" to lines 2-4, or perhaps one of his famous "paint off the walls" sermons might light a fire under some people. :p

I agree Scott. I could only listen to the game, but judging from Blais comments I think there is reason to be concerned. I know in the past the Sioux have had successful seasons relying on one line. But the guys on 2 of the other lines are almost all underclassmen. For the future we need to see scoring, if not only just to help out this season with scoring depth.

I wonder if the team got too caught up in trying to out-physical Princeton after the Parros comments. Maybe tonite the team will try to play good sound Sioux hockey.

Maybe we can take a few less penalties??

I would also expect Massen to play tonite, based on the same interview I heard that PCM referred to.

Genoway, where are you?