Sioux Vs. Dogs(Friday Game Thread)

RMS

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

state of hockey

we are all happy for you.  In your words,  "Gophers are good"... Tired of reading your lame a@@ posts on this board.  If I wanted to read/hear Gopher fluff, I would listen to your spokesperson on kfan jeff fat a@@ dubay, puffy?  No one cares about your Gopher updates.  We can all read the newspapers/internet sites.  Christmas is just around the corner,  I will send you some new kneepads, we all know "the don" needs a new fluff girl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that is funny ;)

But seriously, the players have been hacking at our team all game. You know it, I know it, it's just ridiculous.

I mean, all your goals came about legitimately so why bring in the cheap physical play? You don't need it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where are you getting this? The Dogs' radio broadcast? Sure didn't appear that way on TV. Looking at the box, 6 slashings on UMD, 2 on the Sioux. Don't believe the cheap physical play of the Dogs helped them much.

state of hockey

we are all happy for you.  In your words,  "Gophers are good"... Tired of reading your lame a@@ posts on this board.  If I wanted to read/hear Gopher fluff, I would listen to your spokesperson on kfan jeff fat a@@ dubay, puffy?  No one cares about your Gopher updates.  We can all read the newspapers/internet sites.  Christmas is just around the corner,  I will send you some new kneepads, we all know "the don" needs a new fluff girl.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that State of Hockey. Go back to Pride on Ice. That is where people actually care about the Gophers. This is UND Fan site.

So you guys could put even Jake in the net tomorrow night and come away with a win... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was out there, or if Jordan was out there again. Why bring in Phil when you can kick ass without him?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt that your going to see Jake in Net tonight. After the game is sounded as if either Jordon was going to play again or Lammy was going to get the start. I am betting we won't see Jake for some time, probably on Senior night.

state of hockey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said, and Funny As H$LL

I'm going to reply to dagies post, but not quote it because it is LONG! ;)

In any case, that lucky save JPar made... I saw the replay and it sparked a need to ask a question: When is a goal a goal? Is it when the puck entirely crosses the red line or when any part of it crosses? It appeared that the second shot that the UMD player took hit the crossbar and skittered right down straddling the red line. In fact, I swear I saw part of the puck cross the line, but at no time did it cross all the way or even most of the way. Should this have been a goal?

I agree with most everything you stated dagies. I will say, with a clearer head, that most of Anderson's calls seemed legit, but a lot of the early calls and the late calls (the one that negated the 5x3 for the Sioux for example) were BS. UMD fans can complain too, but only about the second period and parts of the third. For most of the first period, Anderson didn't even realize that there was a second team on the ice.

Marvin got tangled up with, I believe, the player whose number is 4 for UMD. I don't know the UMD players very well.

I don't think Reichmuth should get any flak for the goal he gave up to Murray. He was caught out of position, true, but he also has to rely on his D to take away center ice. The D was out of position and Reichmuth tried to take away shortside. By the time he stopped moving, Murray had jumped towards center ice and his breezers officially got singed. IMO goaltending is a two entity job: the goaltender plays the angles (1), and the D takes care of the rest (2). Hence, whenever a goaltender is left out to dry and he makes a sprawling, ugly save, it still should be applauded because he basically did a 2 entity job alone.

As for Zajac, as I said, he's been the most impressive player outside of Murray and McMahon to me. He is the only one who has CONSISTENTLY rushed the net. Last night I saw Porter and Murray do it a few times and to that I say "About time." It's interesting to note that we've not rushed the net consistently twice in recent history: Friday SCSU game and last night's UMD game. The result? 2 wins. I kinda think they should keep doing that. BC beat us by rushing the net. UMN beat us by rushing the net. I didn't get to watch UW. Rush the net, good things happen. PERIOD.

In other news, I've generally said nothing regarding our TV announcer "issues" but this time, I have to say it: Sweeney flat out SUCKS. I mean, during the first intermission HE HAD TO LOOK UP THE SCORE!!! What the HELL was he watching before the period ended? Is the DECC pressbox positioned in such a way that, not only can he not see the scoreboard, but his assistants couldn't write down the score for him (if he couldn't himself)? Ok, let's assume that he was just filling in time to get organized with the next pieces of information, then that STILL means he sucks because he shouldn't have to get organized WHILE ON THE AIR. Damn, I have no experience in TV Broadcasting, but at least I would have been organized enough to make a good run at atleast FAKING it!

Edited by redwing77

I'm going to reply to dagies post, but not quote it because it is LONG! ;)

In any case, that lucky save JPar made... I saw the replay and it sparked a need to ask a question:  When is a goal a goal?  Is it when the puck entirely crosses the red line or when any part of it crosses?  It appeared that the second shot that the UMD player took hit the crossbar and skittered right down straddling the red line.  In fact, I swear I saw part of the puck cross the line, but at no time did it cross all the way or even most of the way.  Should this have been a goal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THe entire puck must cross the goal line.

Sorry but a team the Gophers should have blown out - didn't - not impressed. Going to be a WIDE OPEN Season....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, I agree we SHOULD have blown them out. No idea what the heck is going on with these kids. We take down the inferior "M" school handily, split w/ UND, sweep the BADgers and almost settle for a tie against JBSU? WTF? First period the Gophs DOMINATED, then they almost sat back and watched the game slip away...no reason for that. BUT, one thing JBSU does have going for them is Boron. That guy made some saves that were out and out impossible! Should have been about 5-0 after the first, but that guy was a WALL! Reffing was the usual poor performance, missed calls, no calls and make up calls all to get his ugly mug on TV more. Mind you he called the game BADLY for BOTH teams...not whining about the reffingbeyond that this league needs to get some GOOD refs, not these morons they have now. About the only good thing was the JBSU skanks kissing on MSC!

WPoS

actually, I agree we SHOULD have blown them out. No idea what the heck is going on with these kids. We take down the inferior "M" school handily, split w/ UND, sweep the BADgers and almost settle for a tie against JBSU? WTF? First period the Gophs DOMINATED, then they almost sat back and watched the game slip away...no reason for that. BUT, one thing JBSU does have going for them is Boron. That guy made some saves that were out and out impossible! Should have been about 5-0 after the first, but that guy was a WALL! Reffing was the usual poor performance, missed calls, no calls and make up calls all to get his ugly mug on TV more. Mind you he called the game BADLY for BOTH teams...not whining about the reffingbeyond that this league needs to get some GOOD refs, not these morons they have now. About the only good thing was the JBSU skanks kissing on MSC!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is this "MSC" you speak of? ;)

Like I said, I didn't mean to start s&!t and leave, so I'm back.

I think what happened towards the end of the game was pathetic. The refs wanted to get the game over with, so they didn't want to call anything (until it started to get out of hand, but by that time, it was pointless.) The officiating didn't affect the outcome of the game, but I think the NCAA has mandated one style of officiating while allowing entirely different styles in actual games. Like you guys said, the Sioux got screwed at the beginning of the game, but then the refs decided to let things go to make up for that. You never know what to expect or what you can get away with.

The Sioux try to test the officials, see what they can get away with, and the 'Dogs won't do that, but they take penalties anyway.

ZEBRAS PISS ME OFF.

And the other thing that pisses me off is only Peluso and Rosehill are willing to stand up for their team. Basically the 'Dogs need to play physically if that's what the Sioux are going to do. I hate that style of hockey, but you've got to beat your opponent at their own game.

Like I said, I didn't mean to start s&!t and leave, so I'm back.

I think what happened towards the end of the game was pathetic. The refs wanted to get the game over with, so they didn't want to call anything (until it started to get out of hand, but by that time, it was pointless.) The officiating didn't affect the outcome of the game, but I think the NCAA has mandated one style of officiating while allowing entirely different styles in actual games. Like you guys said, the Sioux got screwed at the beginning of the game, but then the refs decided to let things go to make up for that. You never know what to expect or what you can get away with.

The Sioux try to test the officials, see what they can get away with, and the 'Dogs won't do that, but they take penalties anyway.

ZEBRAS PISS ME OFF.

And the other thing that pisses me off is only Peluso and Rosehill are willing to stand up for their team. Basically the 'Dogs need to play physically if that's what the Sioux are going to do. I hate that style of hockey, but you've got to beat your opponent at their own game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you see the game?

I don't know. MN looks pretty dominant to me. And for what anyone wants to say about Briggs he's getting the job done. And in the bit I've seen him play now and then, he looks pretty sharp.

Freshman very often have a tendancy to wear down at the end of their first season. Parise and Murray both said it happened to them and it happens to others. MN has 2 very important D men who will not get a break over Christmas like most players. It is true that many times players come back from WJC competition and D1 hockey has slowed down for them and they really have a great finish. But at this point I think the key question for MN is will their important freshmen hold up over the long season or not. I'm not saying one way or another what they'll do. Time will tell. But as good as MN is playing right now, that appears to me to be the only thing that will stop them.