SiouxSports.com Forum

Gemini jerseys finally found!

01grad

I have been looking for Gemini jerseys ever since I heard they weren't selling them anywhere anymore. I know that many of you have been doing the same, since next to the real game worn nike jerseys nothing else is the same especially the Indian face. i.e. Koronis or the mesh ones.

Word was that Gemini quit making the jerseys because nike took over and the demand was down and could only be acquired through very large orders. I have called the sioux shop a few times in the past to find out if they have any shiny jerseys other than Koronis without any luck.

But tonight, when I checked on another order, the girl told me to call Scheels because she knew of somebody who had purchased one a couple of months ago. Sure enough the manager said he had ordered a bunch a long time ago but was now out and he couldn't order anymore. He told me to check the Fargo Scheels and they had a bunch of each color still. She assured me that it said Gemini, but didn't have the WCHA logo or gemini logo on the shoulder. I have tried various searches on the Internet and have determined that Gemini might not be making jerseys at all now for any team because I couldn't find anything.

I decided to order because I know they can't be found anywhere else. Hopefully when I receive the jersey it is what I am looking for. I couldn't believe it but it must be true. Just wanted to let you all know because I knew others were looking awhile back and weren't happy with how the Koronis looked.

Fargo Scheels

3202 13th Ave. South

(701) 298-2918

Hey guys Poncho here, just thought i'd try and get some clarification from you. First off who are the Gemini and why are you trying to find their jerseys on a UND website. Did North Dakota recently receive another minor sports team, perhaps a CBA or IHL team, the Grand Forks Gemini? I dont like it but it aint my decision.

I own a Nike mesh UND Hockey jersey and have been trying to find some place that will personlize it for me. I have had no luck so far and I'm about to give up.

I've asked the people in the Ralph and they said they can't send in an already owned jersey. You have to buy it from them first.

If anyone knows where I can get this done let me know.

I own a Nike mesh UND Hockey jersey and have been trying to find some place that will personlize it for me.  I have had no luck so far and I'm about to give up.

I've asked the people in the Ralph and they said they can't send in an already owned jersey.  You have to buy it from them first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Poncho here, i think i got an answer for your question my lad. If you go to Krenshaw's Sporting Goods on Layola Avenue they'll due it for about $15-20. Glad to help.

hey guys pocho here? yeah not really.. OK!! poncho you are crazy......... try home of economy..got a parise jersey done there..it turned out good.....

I own a Nike mesh UND Hockey jersey and have been trying to find some place that will personlize it for me.  I have had no luck so far and I'm about to give up.

I've asked the people in the Ralph and they said they can't send in an already owned jersey.  You have to buy it from them first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know, the Gemini's are the only ones that have the correct colors on the SIOUX logo across the front. They have the correct Black words with white and green outlines. The other jersey I have (the label says K1, not sure exactly what brand) has green text with a black outline.

The team has their letters the same as the Gemini's, and it does look a lot better.

I got my Gemini 3 years ago at a smaller sporting good store in West Acres in Fargo.

Good to hear you can find them around again, although I never knew they disappeared.

I have to get to Fargo to check out those Jerseys! I have an old jersey crest from the "Blackhawk" logo days and have been dying to get a blank jersey so I could put it on there and show it off to all the gopher fans down here! I called Gemini and asked to speak to Chris (or something like that) as I was told he used to attend UND...well...they took down my name and phone number becasue they said they might have some old jerseys still sitting around...he never called me back and I have yet to try him again...frustrating because I need an uncrested jersey and they are impossible to find! Enough with the run on sentences. Here is the info for Gemini in case you want to call them and harass them like I did! If you call let us know what you find out about them selling jerseys!

Gemini Athletic Wear Inc

7216 Washington Av

Eden Prairie, MN 55344 - 3513

(952) 942-9611

:huh: THANK YOU SO MUCH DAKID!!!

I went to Gemini today and bought 2 authentic jerseys! They are unbelievable!

The guy I talked to told me that they will more than likely be making the Sioux jerseys again next year due to unhappiness with Nike. The reason they started with Nike was because they received some free gifts but now are not.

If they start making the jerseys next year, they are unsure if authentic jerseys will be on the racks. The jerseys they will have for sure, if the deal goes through are the ones at Scheels that don't have stitching on the sleeves and lack the WCHA stitching. The guy also said that these might be found at Home of Economy because they sold them a bunch awhile back. Their goal is to take over the WCHA and currently make for St. Cloud, Mankato, CC and Denver. Wisconsin and Minnesota would be tough though I am sure.

They had the first geometric jersey they ever made for the Sioux which was a white Peter Armbrust jersey. Unfortunately not for sale but it was really neat though the stitching was poor and outdated. The guy said many players go in there still to get their own jerseys made because the schools don't let them keep any of them. I was surprised to hear this because they get everything else, i.e. 20 cases of beer at the G.F. airport upon return of their 2000 championship.

One other note, they had a picture of the 2000 team autographed and said they enjoy it when the gophers lose. ;)

;) THANK YOU SO MUCH DAKID!!!

I went to Gemini today and bought 2 authentic jerseys!  They are unbelievable! 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How much did they cost? And they need to be convinced that Authentic jerseys should be sold next year. I'd certainly want one and I'm sure others do too.

They sold me each jersey for $80. If I was one of those idiots that buys Sioux jerseys just to resell on ebay I am sure I could get more. (i.e. Ferchick or Grosso) I probably shouldn't have said anything about this because now somebody will go and buy the rest of them and ruin it for the rest of us. I don't know if this is their usual rate or not but they had so many different teams jerseys there it was unbelievable. They said they had a few Sioux left. The Edina Hornets jersey was sweet!

I told him that if they had the authentics next year they would probably sell very well. Although it does kind of ruin the novelty of having one if everybody does.

Glad you found them! Did they have any blank jerseys from the geometric logo days? I would like an "older" looking jersey to put my Blackhawk logo on. I guess I will have to go there and find out myself! That is awesome that they would sell them to you!

I think the phone number that I listed is incorrect. Did you by chance see the hours they were open?

• 3 weeks later...

Good grief, 01 grad. I knw Chris Bonvino, former UND student and future Minnesota Gopher football player (he transferred mid-career - still a Sioux through and through). All you had to do was ask...I am the jersey-meister, remember? Gemini made a 1997 replica for me and as close-to-authentic as you can get pre-Nike jersey with the new logo. Awesome, awesome jerseys. I'd be tempted to sell my #97 1997 jersey though...it's a tad too big (XL) if anyone would be interested. All you'd have to do is change the nameplate....

I would never be drunk enough to trade away a Sioux jersey. Though I was nearly drunk enough to trade away my Sioux pants when I was in Duluth a couple weeks ago. :D

I'm pretty sure everyone at Grandma's is thankful I didn't. :0

You know how much it costs for the custom jerseys to be done?

Traded away your Sioux jersey for what, some nachos and cheese?  Oy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was me, and no it wasn't for some nachos and cheese. It was for a New Hampshire Hockey polo shirt and pullover. Did I mention I had been drinking?? It didn't help that the people with me encouraged the trade. It was funny at the time. Now I just miss my jersey. :0

Jersey Trade