SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on TV!

SiouxMeNow

and...of course...the FSSN! This is assuming fans in Fargo remember to call Cable ONE friday and tell them to have someone on hand to press the FRIGGING BUTTON for you so you can see it too!!!! Apparently, it was a bit of a problem last week! Don't be embarassed to call up Friday and tell them to MAKE SURE to have the game on!! I know we're just gutter-scrapers here in the lowly world of DII but if you want to watch the Bison this week you can catch them between mileposts 57 and 61 near Detroit Lakes picking up garbage for the "Adopt a Highway" program - they're sure as hell not playing FB :lol::):D

and...of course...the FSSN!  This is assuming fans in Fargo remember to call Cable ONE friday and tell them to have someone on hand to press the FRIGGING BUTTON  for you so you can see it too!!!!  Apparently, it was a bit of a problem last week!  Don't be embarassed to call up Friday and tell them to MAKE SURE to have the game on!!  I know we're just gutter-scrapers here in the lowly world of DII but if you want to watch the Bison this week you can catch them between mileposts 57 and 61 near Detroit Lakes picking up garbage for the "Adopt a Highway" program - they're sure as hell not playing FB :lol:  :)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This all depends on the frequencies for the hockey (SCSU series) and the football game. If they are different (like last weekend, football was on the specified FSSN frequency, while the Wisco series was a different frequency), the cableco's have to be willing to pay a tech to change the frequencies back and forth on Saturday. Midco apparently did this in most areas last weekend, but I can guarantee our cable co will not (NCC at Ray). Expect we'll get the hockey only.

This all depends on the frequencies for the hockey (SCSU series) and the football game. If they are different (like last weekend, football was on the specified FSSN frequency, while the Wisco series was a different frequency), the cableco's have to be willing to pay a tech to change the frequencies back and forth on Saturday. Midco apparently did this in most areas last weekend, but I can guarantee our cable co will not (NCC at Ray). Expect we'll get the hockey only.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Different situatuion this week. Sioux are at home so the games will be on the normal coordinates.

The football game last week was on analog at a different satellite (no commercials), but the game that we saw on G3 was the same that people saw on WDAZ.....both should be on G3 12000 V 4880 coordinates :lol:

Different situatuion this week. Sioux are at home so the games will be on the normal coordinates.

The football game last week was on analog at a different satellite (no commercials), but the game that we saw on G3 was the same that people saw on WDAZ.....both should be on G3 12000 V 4880 coordinates :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will be nice if we get all three (2 hockey, 1 football).

I just called Midcontinent in Sioux Falls and they said that they don't know of it being televised at all (as of 10:15 a.m. today). Anyone have any idea if it is going to be televised in South Dakota too, the games are always on 23 here just like in Grand Forks. Info would be very helpful, Im already going nuts for not being able to go, I hope this is on T.V. and if I have to drive to N.D. to get it I will.

Thanks for any info

The UND release says, "Those outside the WDAZ viewing area can see the game on cable on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network."

If you have Midcontinent Cable you have the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. You can find what channel that's on in your area on the dropdown here.

Cable One in Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo carries the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. I don't know on which channel.

The key here: It's on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. Whatever you watch hockey on you should be able to watch it at the same place.

This just made my day!

Is this going to be a single camera feed, or multi-cameras like at St. Cloud and all other games?

For some reason I get the feeling we'll only get one camera at MTU.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope - 3 camera's - Top High - End Zone and Field Level - like St. Cloud - hopefully without shooting INTO the sun. The crew is doing the hockey game friday night - flying to Houghton Saturday morning then leaving right after the game to come back and do the hockey Saturday night.

Thank you, one last question is that channel 23 for midcontinent.

If you have Midcontinent Cable you have the Fighting Sioux Sports Network. You can find what channel that's on in your area on the dropdown here.

I've watched FSSN on Ch. 23 at home, Ch. 39 in Bismarck, Ch. 99 at a relative's place .... that's why quoting a channel number is dangerous. Look at the dropdown list in the link. :lol: