SiouxSports.com Forum

so far this season

chevyblaiser

This seems like a good time to trot this one out. Here is a stretch of games from the past (I took out wins against a bad MTU, 5-0 and 11-1; otherwise these games are in order):

T 1 Colorado College 1 ot

W 4 Colorado College 0

L 2 @ Wisconsin 3 ot

L 5 @ Wisconsin 6 ot

W 1 Minnesota 0

L 2 Minnesota 5

L 0 @ St. Cloud State 3

T 1 @ St. Cloud State 1 ot

W 2 Alaska-Anchorage 1

That's 18 goals scored in 9 games. The lowlight of this stretch of offensive ineptitude came in St. Cloud, when UND went 119 minutes without scoring before Lee Goren banged in a garbage goal with the extra-attacker on Saturday to sneak one point out of the weekend. About two months later, UND smoked SCSU 7-3 in the Final Five. So things do turn around. In the interest of a fair presentation of history, I need to note that UND did in fact outshoot the opponent in every game listed above, which is of course quite different than the current stretch.

That's 18 goals scored in 9 games.  The lowlight of this stretch of offensive ineptitude came in St. Cloud, when UND went 119 minutes without scoring before Lee Goren banged in a garbage goal with the extra-attacker on Saturday to sneak one point out of the weekend.  About two months later, UND smoked SCSU 7-3 in the Final Five.  So things do turn around.  In the interest of a fair presentation of history, I need to note that UND did in fact outshoot the opponent in every game listed above, which is of course quite different than the current stretch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was at that game, what a weekend of hockey lows for UND. Goren actually saved the team in my opinion with his goal at the end of the game. The Rubes in SCCC were chanting over rated, over rated, over rated... Score. The Saint Cloud State University fans were in utter shock. It was worse listening to the Rubes they had on the radio after the game talking about how they owned UND. I think it was then that the UND - SCCC rivalry heated up... Actually if the Husky player hadn't illegally checked our goalie Kohlar we might have won the final five that year.

This seems like a good time to trot this one out.  Here is a stretch of games from the past (I took out wins against a bad MTU, 5-0 and 11-1; otherwise these games are in order):

T 1 Colorado College 1 ot

W 4 Colorado College 0

L 2 @ Wisconsin 3 ot

L 5 @ Wisconsin 6 ot

W 1 Minnesota 0

L 2 Minnesota 5

L 0 @ St. Cloud State 3

T 1 @ St. Cloud State 1 ot

W 2 Alaska-Anchorage 1

That's 18 goals scored in 9 games.  The lowlight of this stretch of offensive ineptitude came in St. Cloud, when UND went 119 minutes without scoring before Lee Goren banged in a garbage goal with the extra-attacker on Saturday to sneak one point out of the weekend.  About two months later, UND smoked SCSU 7-3 in the Final Five.  So things do turn around.  In the interest of a fair presentation of history, I need to note that UND did in fact outshoot the opponent in every game listed above, which is of course quite different than the current stretch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those games were also later in the season (jan/feb) so I think it's still bit too early to get down on the team.

I kinda liked the way that season (1999-2000) turned out.