SiouxSports.com Forum

6 in a row, starting this weekend

01grad

Just wanted to start a positive thread and make my prediction for the next 3 weekends be known. Bold, but it can be done!

St. Cloud at home, Michigan Tech away and Alaska at home, no problem.

The way Lammy has stepped up reminds me of when Karl took over for Schweitzer. With a good goalie great things will start to happen.

Sign ideas

Follow Lammys Lead!

Turn on the red light.

S-E-X

Where's Ron Jeremy when we need him?

Part the defenders with Staff! (take off of Moses parting water with his staff)

Light'em up Sparky!

Start lots of chants

Don't be afraid to start them, others will join in. Do them loud, do them often!

Let's go Siooouuux, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap

Here we go Siooouuux, here we go, clap, clap

(Not sure if the, Let's Go Sioux, Let's Go Sioux, Let's Go Sioux chant is still overused, but these others seem to draw in more people and last longer)

Chant their names or nicknames, they eat that up. I remember Karl telling me how great that was and it pumped him up after big saves.

I agree with this thread....SO POSITIVE FINALLY! I often wonder if they guys of the team ever stop by this site and wonder what the heck we're thinking. Then I wonder if they see what some people have said about them and I wonder if that seems to help them with their efforts or if it makes them feel 100% WORSE! They know what's going on, TRUST ME! I don't think it's fair to slam it in their face and make them feel WORSE! They know what's going on more than we do, they are the ones on the ice! So I agree and say that this is going to be our weekend....we're going to take it from here! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think someone should bring a welcome mat from their front door to the game with the St. Cloud symbol on it. And use it again for Alaska. Preferably somebody on the glass to hold it up to chants of:

Doormat, Doormat, Doormat!

Or

Beat the Doormats, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!

By the way, who really cares what is going on over in POI land? We need to worry about our team and get them going!

I think forecheck's chant is the best!

Sioux fans in the stands if you're with us clap your hands!Ā  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

God no. She probably would've forgot that if you hadn't mentioned. Now I'm gonna have to listen to it the whole freaking weekend. Thanks alot. You suck.

There's zillions of good cheers that many people don't know.

Hey, just a suggestion on those signs....and for general use.... Don't call him Lammy, it's kind of annoying. Nobody calls him that, I've never heard anybody call him Lammy until he started playing here, and it's just not a good nickname. Call him Phil, or Frenchie even, as that was his nickname in H.S. I also understand that his nickname was Clooty at Lincoln, probably cuz he looked like Cloutier, with the helmet and all, but not sure. Personally, I've always called him Phil, or more recently, Phil the Savior....Please, no more "Lammy"....

i think the reason that he is called lammy by some is that its easy to spell rather than his full name. not sure if many of us know him personally like you do so we probably did not know what to call him phil or frenchie or clooty or lammy :lol: I'll go with phil though so you are not annoyed every time you read a post and i will pass on clooty because he needs a sioux identity.. thanks for the inside scoop........... :)

Hey, just a suggestion on those signs....and for general use.... Don't call him Lammy, it's kind of annoying. Nobody calls him that, I've never heard anybody call him Lammy until he started playing here, and it's just not a good nickname. Call him Phil, or Frenchie even, as that was his nickname in H.S. I also understand that his nickname was Clooty at Lincoln, probably cuz he looked like Cloutier, with the helmet and all, but not sure. Personally, I've always called him Phil, or more recently, Phil the Savior....Please, no more "Lammy"....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed at the Badger game this weekend that the student newspaper puts out a series specific issue (both Saturday and Sunday) and puts them on the student section seats pre-game. Is it possible for the Dakota Stupid to do the same thing? It might also be a good way to get some organized cheers going. That and the students could all hold up the papers during visiting teams intro (I've seen this done at basketball games).

I have some signs from last year's St. Cloud series, including the "Chokers Available in 3 sizes, slim, regular and Husky)." We lost to over-zealous enforcement the best one that said "Neuter the Huskies" and had a picture of a Husky puppy with criss-crossed Band-aids in the anatomically correct spot. I think we also lost the "Rub Their Noses In It" sign which had a Huksy puppy having his nose rubbed in a yellow puddle.

I noticed at the Badger game this weekend that the student newspaper puts out a series specific issue (both Saturday and Sunday) and puts them on the student section seats pre-game.Ā  Is it possible for the Dakota Stupid to do the same thing?Ā  It might also be a good way to get some organized cheers going.Ā  That and the students could all hold up the papers during visiting teams intro (I've seen this done at basketball games).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. Because inevitably the Stupids would end up on the ice.

All I can say is that it's time to "GET"ER DONE." Then again on the other hand I don't know about everybody else but it sure wouldn't take SCSU for an easy win tonight. Because they just might come out with guns ablazin. All I'm saying is let's take each game one game at a time that way we'll know if we can win six stright or not. In other words as my father once told me. "DON'T COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEIR HATCH." GO SOUIX & WHIP UP ON THOSE HUSKEYS.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

I noticed at the Badger game this weekend that the student newspaper puts out a series specific issue (both Saturday and Sunday) and puts them on the student section seats pre-game.Ā  Is it possible for the Dakota Stupid to do the same thing?Ā  It might also be a good way to get some organized cheers going.Ā  That and the students could all hold up the papers during visiting teams intro (I've seen this done at basketball games).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would require the Dakota Stupid to actually go to work and publish this paper.

Also UND isn't as big a school as Wisconsin so I am sure that money would be an issue.

2 out of the way in fulfilling my prediction.Ā  Would be nice if we could do it to Duluth as well, but we won't go that far yet.

Hopefully this smiley face stays around for awhile. :D

Stay positive!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sweep at home split on the road. I think UND can sweep UMD at their place if they play good defense. UND looked close to getting out of their scoring slump this weekend. Good solid defense this weekend. JPar look better as the game went on.

I think UMD lost a portion of their talent from last season also. I think UND is also like 5-0 against UMD too. So who knows.

This is a positive thread and the SIOUX have started to play better team hockey,and by the time we play MSU Jan.7&8 the SIOUX will BEĀ  :D 1st or 2nd in the WCHA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heck not necessary, just be in the top three in the WCHA. Get a home series and win, get to the Final Five and not have to play in the play in game. Or as Denver did last season. Lose and end up resting and win your region and head to the Frozen Four. Scoring a total of what 5 goals through the NCAA's and win it all...