SiouxSports.com Forum

Michigan Tech

Let'sGoHawks!

You guys ever heard of Gordon Lightfoots's "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald"? Lake Superior ain't no picnic. very unperdictable. Edmond Fitzgerald explaination

Weather can change at the drop of a hat. Not saying that UND hasn't seen some nasty stuff before or anything, but its very unperdictable. They may dress for weather thats cold but sunny, and right after kickoff you could have freezing sleet coming down. If the weather turns nasty, its going to be anybody's game, and whovever can find the endzone, and if the Ref can see them, they'll win.

You guys ever heard of Gordon Lightfoots's "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald"?  Lake Superior ain't no picnic.

The lake that is said never gives up her dead. :lol:

Went to the Edmund Fitzgerald marine museum last year when I was visiting a friend that used to live in the Soo.

RD17 - Do you have any inside information regarding Michigan Tech's injury situation?  Obviously, UND needs to be concerned about beating them no matter what their injury status is.  However, I am curious if they will be at full strength.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe their running back (Marana) and the two all-conference linemen that got hurt in the Grand Valley game will be back. Even if the Marana can't play, his backup also rushed for nearly 1000 yards and was named first team all-conference as a true freshman. :lol: This is the second straight year where Michigan Tech has had two all-conference running backs.

The quarterback (Dan Mettlach) is the big question mark. I've been trying to find out if he will be playing or not, but some say there's no way he will play and others say he will have to wear a brace and might have limited mobility, but he will most likely be out there. I suspect that Michigan Tech will keep this under wraps and no one but them will know until gametime.

I believe their running back (Marana) and the two all-conference linemen that got hurt in the Grand Valley game will be back. Even if the Marana can't play, his backup also rushed for nearly 1000 yards and was named first team all-conference as a true freshman. :lol: This is the second straight year where Michigan Tech has had two all-conference running backs.

The quarterback (Dan Mettlach) is the big question mark. I've been trying to find out if he will be playing or not, but some say there's no way he will play and others say he will have to wear a brace and might have limited mobility, but he will most likely be out there. I suspect that Michigan Tech will keep this under wraps and no one but them will know until gametime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the Herald today, both Mettlach and the pro prospect o-lineman aren't expected to play. It sounded like Wayne Nelson got his info straight from the Tech coach. But of course, whether he's telling the truth or not is another question.

so does anybody know if the game will be televised???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I took it as a positive that Sweeney didn't say on the sports last night that the game WOULD NOT be televised. I'm sure they're getting a lot of calls about it, so if it definitely wasn't going to happen, I think he'd have said as much to put the issue to rest. I suspect we'll hear one way or the other by tonight.

I found this posted on D2football.com. I see that RD17 has already kind of stated this but here is some more info from another source.

MTUHUSKYTD84

The WLUC-TV6 sports team out of Marquette had MTU Huskies coverage tonight. 

Dan Mettlach and Joe Berger are scheduled to undergo knee surgery next Tuesday and will not be back at all for the playoffs, which was expected.  This was announced in an interview with Coach Anderson.

Marana is going to try to play the entire game with the shoulder ailment.

Coach Anderson also said glowing things about Chad Alger.  While things will be tough in the playoffs, I still have faith in the Huskies.

The latest forecast says "wet field, wet ball".

Friday Night: Periods of rain after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low around 38. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday: Periods of rain, mainly before noon. Patchy fog before noon. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.