SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs St Cloud State

farce poobah

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya gotta admire what Randy Hedberg has done with the SCSU program ... perennial doormat and a school with no tradition of winning to contender in a short period of time. The StarTribune writeup described him as "voice cracking" as he talked about what the game meant to him and the program.

I have this feeling that SCSU will make November playoff appearances a habit as long as Hedberg is running the show ...

Isn't it true that Tech's QB is out for the season?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget that we are also without our QB (unless Bowencamp recovers in time). I assume Dale will continue to play our third best guy (#15) as long as we win. He seems to have trouble playing outside. (poor games against Augie, and St. Cloud twice). Belmore struggled yesterday and our receivers had to make some great plays. Dale mentioned on the post game interview that we had some dropped passes. What game was he watching? We missed a number of open receivers and threw the ball to St. Cloud at least four times but maybe he meant the three drops the St. Cloud Dbacks had against us. They only caught one for an Int.

He has to stick with Belmore for now, but Belmore has got to start hitting the receivers in stride especially on our "bubbles". The one thing he has done well up to now was run when he had a lane. He threw the ball away twice yesterday when he could have run for a first down on third down plays. Our receivers shouldn't have to make great catches on those little flare passes. When they aren't thrown well, it turns a potential 10-15yd gain into a 1-5yd game. Then again maybe I didn't see the game well and I missed the dropped passes Dale refers to.

I just arrived home to Minneapolis after watching a heart pounding victory by the Sioux.  Congratulations to both teams and I would like to thank the fans of St. Cloud and UND for having a lot of class.  Definitely a great road trip and game!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too bad someone had to lose that game. I think both sets of fans are classy and the two teams were classy also. It looked like there was little or no trash talk and the UND and SCSU players were always helping each other up after the plays.

The thing that upset me more than losing the game, was the lack of student support at the game. I don't know why SCSU can't draw for football. There was NO promotion by the university and the local paper had nothing on the game. Casual fans knew nothing about the game. We draw well for hockey and basketball but football is a nut we can't seen to crack.

Anyway, good luck against MTU.

I couldnt agree more. Our recievers made amazing catches yesterday....on screens..Its gut wrenching..I called out every person Belmore was going to throw to yesterday, and I was only wrong when he didnt throw it at all. I am seriously concerned, it does harm to our defense to combine the playcalling of Mussman, with the Playmaking of Belmore. I cant believe this isnt made into a bigger issue. We have 2 top quality backs, and our oline like I have been saying in the recent weeks, is playing excellent. Our recievers have elevated their game immensly. Our defense is back on track. Our quarterback is killing us. Dale...loose the extra weight, and get another ring.

I couldnt agree more. Our recievers made amazing catches yesterday....on screens..Its gut wrenching..I called out every person Belmore was going to throw to yesterday, and I was only wrong when he didnt throw it at all. I am seriously concerned, it does harm to our defense to combine the playcalling of Mussman, with the Playmaking of Belmore. I cant believe this isnt made into a bigger issue. We have 2 top quality backs, and our oline like I have been saying in the recent weeks, is playing excellent. Our recievers have elevated their game immensly. Our defense is back on track. Our quarterback is killing us. Dale...loose the extra weight, and get another ring.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree on recievers, AGREE on play calling (this is a subject in itself). Belmore has played much better at home than on the road, I think the play calling has almost as much to do with his performance as he does, he needs to be encouraged to run when the opening is there and have at least one RB in the backfield at all times. If anyone feels another QB may do better I won't disagree, but I won't dump on Belmore, or any other player, the effort and desire are always there with this team.

I can't believe people are still ripping on Belmore, especially with the struggle Manke had in his only start. I agree that there are some throws he could be more accurate on and stuff like that, but the fact remains that he has thrown just one pick in 87 pass attempts over the past two games when the entire season was on the line. It was tough to throw the ball down the field with the wind the way it was on Saturday and it limited what the offense could do.