SiouxSports.com Forum

Pick this weekend's series out come.

Goon

Predict the out come of this weekend's series.  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the out come of this weekend's series.

• 1. UND sweep
    • 2. UofM sweep
    • 3. UND three points
    • 4. UofM three points
    • 5. Split

One more day to go till game time. I am predicting a sweep by the Sioux this weekend. I think anything less is unexceptable, I suppose three points would be ok too. Lets face realtiy, the dirty Gophers have lost a lot of Talent. They lost the quarter back of the Gopher Powerplay Keith Ballard and they lost offensive juggernaught Pretty Boy Vanek. That just to name a few of the losses... Looking at the Gopher's goaltending, it is not very good Add bad goaltending to an inexperieced defensive corp... Could be two high scoring games.

Edited by Goon

One more day to go till game time. I am predicting a sweep by the Sioux this weekend. I think anything less is unexceptable, I suppose three points would be ok too. Lets face realtiy, the dirty Gophers have lost a lot of Talent. They lost the quarter back of the Gopher Powerplay Keith Ballard and they lost offensive juggernaught Pretty Boy Vanek. That just to name a few of the losses... Looking at the Gopher's goaltending, it is not very good Add bad goaltending to an inexperieced defensive corp... Could be two high scoring games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree anything less than a sweep is unACCEPTable.

so if the Gophs take a point, two, three or FOUR :) you guys will call for coaches resignation? :angry:  :angry:

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No we are not Gopher Football fans! :0

Fact is in the highly competitive WCHA you MUST get the points at home!

The Gophers are a young team and it is early in the season, it would be unacceptable is UND does not get the sweep! I see the Gophers getting stronger as the season goes on, but with only 3 games under their belts the Gophs are as

beatable as they wil be all season.

Not sweeping Mansucko (even on the road) is what I consider to be unacceptable.

Although I'm predicting a Sioux sweep, a split against Minnesota should not be considered unacceptable for this team. They still have to figure out how to score goals and stay out of the box. The way Briggs is playing right now, there's a good chance he could stand on his head this weekend and cause problems for us.

Not sweeping Mansucko (even on the road) is what I consider to be unacceptable.

Although I'm predicting a Sioux sweep, a split against Minnesota should not be considered unacceptable for this team. They still have to figure out how to score goals and stay out of the box. The way Briggs is playing right now, there's a good chance he could stand on his head this weekend and cause problems for us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both our goalies over the past two seasons have better numbers than Briggs.

Face it he is not that good. He plays well against the MTU's, UAA's, UofMasses of the world but he isn't fit to carry Hauser's jock. His save percentage last season was .894 that not that great and Brandt and Jordan were both about that...

Both our goalies over the past two seasons have better numbers than Briggs.

Face it he is not that good. He plays well against the MTU's, UAA's, UofMasses of the world but he isn't fit to carry Hauser's jock. His save percentage last season was .894 that not that great and Brandt and Jordan were both about that...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with your numbers but numbers don't necessarily dictate the outcome, they merely help predict it. Sure hope you're right. Bottom line is that we need better offense. The Sioux have taken too many penalties thus far and the rodents haven't been. If we allow them multiple 5x3 opportunities and spend half the game shorthanded coupled with a quality start by Briggs, we're in trouble in close games.

=cfm567b27,Oct 21 2004, 01:25 PM]No we are not Gopher Football fans!

Actually I like the Gopher Football team, however, I think they blew it this season against Michigan (for a second year had them on the ropes only to let them off)and Michigan State. Costing them a really good bowl game. They will end up in some stupid bowl like the Humanitarian bowl or Toilet bowl. But I also think people are idiots when they suggest Mason should be fired.

Edited by Goon

Sioux Sweep......I think Minnesota will score 3 goals on the weekend. This will be a good chance for UND to build confidence and momentum before next weekend's trip.

Actually, I feel sorry for the Gopher's.....I think the Sioux have something to prove this weekend, and being the first home series, they're going to do just that!

That's what I think anyway :0

They shouldn't even play the games this weekend, just give four points to UND.  Briggs sucks, the Gophers are too young, UND has God and the best defense to ever be assembled on a college team, the Gophers shouldn't even bother making the trip.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alert Lucia; turn the busses around.

If you came here expecting many to pick the Gophs in a sweep, you came to the wrong board. :0

Not at all, but since you decided to go that route, you'd think Sioux fans would act a bit more like they've been there before rather than a bunch of whiners that bitch about the Gophers every five seconds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well lets look at the numbers; finally UND is 3-3 against the Gophers in the Ralph, No more Marriucci West. UND is 3-0 the last three against the Gophers in the Ralph. UND is 4-2 the last 6 against the Gophers. 7>5... I think the times are changing.

Not at all, but since you decided to go that route, you'd think Sioux fans would act a bit more like they've been there before rather than a bunch of whiners that bitch about the Gophers every five seconds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been where?

Where is the bitching? Can't find it.

THis is a SIoux board. It's easily predictable that the "Sioux sweep" choice would win this meaningless poll.

The Sioux team respects the Gophers, and the Gopher team respects the Sioux.

If you, personally, are here demanding respect, it ain't gonna happen. What exactly are you bitching and whining about?

We need to open up a lead this year on record in recent history.. because it is likely UM is going to wipe the floor with us next year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I honestly Don't see UofM wiping the floor with UND next season.

Not with Briggs as the goaltender. I think UND will be fine.

Been where?

Where is the bitching? Can't find it.

THis is a SIoux board. It's easily predictable that the "Sioux sweep" choice would win this meaningless poll.

The Sioux team respects the Gophers, and the Gopher team respects the Sioux.

If you, personally, are here demanding respect, it ain't gonna happen. What exactly are you bitching and whining about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been where? To a title for Parise sake. You'd think Sioux fans would be happy enough about the fact they have a great program to root for but it's not enough, they have to try and denigrate an opponent. Self-esteem might be the issue. :lol: