SiouxSports.com Forum

Mankato here we come!

01grad

I am a seasonal poster, so it feels great to be back! Can't wait to go to Mankato again this year, especially when the team is coming off of 2 impressive wins in Maine. It's tough to not think about what we would be like if Zach and Brandon were still around. Perhaps an undefeated season averaging 10 goals per game. :angry: It is great to have 3 reliable goalies this year, but I would suspect that Brandt and Parise will be doing the work this weekend.

First question was to see who all would be following the team to their away games again this year. Last year I traveled to Mankato and St. Cloud and they were both a blast! This year I am adding Duluth. If not at the arena, I will be at Sensers again in Bloomington.

Secondly, last year I purchased tickets through ticketmaster and paid their extra fees for fear that it might sellout. This year, I don't want to do that and will take my chances on picking up tickets there. Last year didn't sellout and I checked ticketmaster and many good seats still remain for this year, so this isn't a major concern. But, has anybody found good seats in the past buying tickets at the arena or from others outside the entrance?

Thanks for the help and Go Sioux!!!

(Diggler, I tried getting gopher tickets this year, but couldn't. We still need to meet up again sometime. Get final five tickets!)

I'll be in Mankato. I called Ticketmaster and asked for what was available, I had to wait awhile on hold, but got good seats that weren't online. It is nice when you call because you can have a map of the arena in front of you and ask for specific sections. I encourage all Sioux fans who can do so to travel to Mankato and see the Sioux, it was a lot of fun last year and should be the same this year.

GO SIOUX!

Did you call ticketmaster or the Mankato ticket box office? If ticketmaster, what was the number and do they still have extra charges if you pick the tickets up at the arena? If you can request specific sections, what were the sections that had mainly Sioux fans?

Thanks for the help!

I went to ticketmaster.com and found my local number, but I think it connected me to some national place though, it sucked waiting, but I finally got through. I just asked for the best seats and then requested seats near sec 100, they had some in 101 and 102 available. Sioux fans typically sit in those sec 100, 200 and 300, but the lady said none of those were available...I don't know if Mankato has to hold those for visiting fans or what and release them later. Last year, there were Sioux fans scattered throughout the building, except for their student section, which is on the opposite end of the arena.

If you can request specific sections, what were the sections that had mainly Sioux fans?

Thanks for the help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sat in 201 last year along with several Sioux fans. I got tickets in that same section for both games this weekend.

The 00, 01 and 02 sections typically seats a lot of Sioux fans. That is also the end of the rink that UND will shoot at twice.

I will be at the Saturday night game in section 201.  Does anyone know what bars are fun to hit in Mankato for pregame?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are several bars just south of the arena. Buffalo Wild Wings is in the "mall" across the street to the south of the arena (about a minute walk). Pregame it is usually packed with college hockey fans.

You know I'll be at the Mankato series. I went to the series last year down in 'Kato when the Sioux laid the smack down on the poor little Mavs. I hope it's a repeat.

I'm getting more excited for the season now that the Twins have disappointed me. I'm pumped for this series.

219 Row C Seats 4 & 5.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to hear from you MM, hope you had a good summer!

In years past I have had as many as 20 NODAK'ers come down for the series but this year it is just not working with anyones schedule so I waited until today (Wed) to get my tickets. I went to the MWCC ticket office and bought Sec #102 row 5 with no problem at all.

Let's go SIOUX!!!

P.S. Please note that in sections '00, '01, '02 & '03 the higher the seat # the CLOSER to the red line you will be.