5. Michigan Tech (4-0)

6. Saginaw Valley State (3-1)

7. Winona State (4-1)

8. Western Washington (3-1)

9. Ferris State (4-1)

10. Finday (3-2)

11. Nebraska-Omaha (3-2)

12. Augustana (S.D.) (3-2)

I'm not surprised that the Sioux are number 2, but I figured it would be behind Grand Valley State.

Great,

So the #1,2,3,7, and 8 teams in the country are all in the same region. Hey I have an idea why don't we have them play each other in the playoffs so that whoever comes out of this region will win their semi-final and then championship game by about 20 points....makes sense to me. :D What? Oh you mean that the NCAA D2 already does that? Never mind then. :D

interesting note is that if the Playoffs started today- SVSU wouldn't make the playoffs as Winona be put in instead because of D2's "earned access"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that cause the winner of the NSIC gets an autobid to the playoffs this year?

How does this years playoffs work? Do the #1 and #2 teams get byes?

the 1 and 2 teams get byes, there is no "autobid" but if a conference (has to have 6 or more teams GNAC doesn't count as a conf) has a team ranked in the top 10 of the final regional poll- they get a bid to the playoffs- so say if GLIAC/NCC and GNAC teams were in the 1-9 spots in the final poll and an NSIC team was in 10th the top 5 teams in the poll and the NSIC team would make the playoffs

Don't pay any attention to the regional poll- it's absolutely meaningless at this point. It's not like the old days where if you were ranked #1 in the first regional poll you stayed there until you lost. It's now figured on a week by week basis and will fluctuate wildly.

Most likely, the winner of the UND-SCSU game will be #1 next week because they will accumulate a bunch of points for beating an undefeated team, but there is no guarantee that they will stay there very long. With the new system, it's not worth paying much attention to the poll until the last two or three weeks of the regular season.

Yes. And I actually overlooked another team who is ranked #5 in the country.

based upon mratings

GVSU #1 in country, #3 in region

UND #3 in country, #2 in region

Northwood #2, #1

SCSU #7, #4

Mich. Tech #8, #5

Saginaw #5, #6

Ferris #12, #9

Winona #23, #7

W. Washington #26, #8

Only 6 of these teams will make the playoffs and then they will have to beat each other up while the other regions top team will have a relativley easy trip to the semi's. The southwest region is kind of tough as well with 5 teams ranked in the top 19 in the country. The highest ranked team in the Souteast is #9 and in the northeast #11. Does anyone know which regions play each other this year in the semi's?