SiouxSports.com Forum

Students of SS

jloos

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank Jordan Schuetzle for all the hard work that he put into this whole hockey situation.  There was no possible way to make every student happy but with what was happening on thursday night he had to make neccessary changes.  How many people do you know would stay up ALL night yes all NIGHT thursday (NO SLEEP) to figure out how to make this hockey system fair for all.  Jordan who is the biggest hockey fan i know and anyone in section 109 last year can only agree will not even take a ticket this year.  He is giving up his ticket in order to give one more ticket to the students of UND.

This is going to be an ongoing conflict this year and I think we all owe Jordan a big thanks for all that he does for this school.  If you are going to blame anyone blame the Police department and REA and the fans that decided they would change the rules and camp out anyways. 

Go Sioux and Thanks for your dedication to UND Jordan your the most dedicated President this university has seen since i have been here and do one hell of a job.

Why don't you people understand that nobody is criticizing Jordan Schuetzle? Jordan is a great guy and a great Sioux hockey fan; I have no doubts that he would do anything possible to preserve the fairness of the process.

The problem, for me anyway, was the representation student fans at the Ralph got on Thursday night.

There was no rule against camping out. Plain and simple. No govening body, aside from the police, can prevent students from peacefully gathering in preparation for the most anticipated event of the schoolyear. Because this camping was undesirable for student government, they decided to do something to disband this gathering. I do not agree with their handling of the situation, and I think many others would agree. There was no advantage for those camping out...lottery was, allegedly, in place prior to Thursday. The great thing about UND fans is that we still want to socialize and enjoy the nights prior to watching our favorite hockey team. It is always a fun thing that really builds fan enthousiasm.

Staying up ALL NIGHT is something that student govenment and Schuetzle did because of their distaste for the happenings at the Ralph. I stay up that late all the time, as do many students; so that's not a HUGE sacrifice. I'm sure any one of the fans at the Ralph Thursday night would've been glad to help with the situation. We enjoy staying up so late in support of our team.

So, you may say that this is the greatest administration, and the greatest handling of the ticket issue, and it may be true, but many students do not see it that way. All I saw of student government on Thursday night was a very negative student senator in a yellow shirt.

I appreciate SG's sacrifice of their tickets. Since Jordan is the biggest hockey fan ever, I hope to see him, and other student gov't members in line on gamedays. I'll buy you guys a drink during the game. :D

For everyone telling us to stop complaining, you stop posting. I went to the student government office about an hour after they did the lottery. I was one of the people waiting in line, and I am one person who is extremely pissed off.

Here is what I was told by the Student Government on how it was supposed to work. Basically it was expected that students would come at 8, and get in line and be first come first serve. I asked if they were going to do a lottery, and that was not the plan. Everyone talks about how their was to be no preference, but isnt first come first serve preference. I think it is. Coming out at 2:30 in the morning, when the crowd was calm, relaxing, and waiting out the night was completely wrong. The talk of safety is obsured, because more people would charge the line at 8am, then walking up in order as it seemed it would be. The true die hard hockey fans, who make an impact at the game got shafted, their is no doubt about this.

I also hope that the student section in the lower bowl is half empty during the games, it will show the SG how much of a mistake they made. Talking about fairness for all students is crazy. Do you think that Van Halen is going to, out of the blue, have a lottery because they didnt think it was fair for everyone getting tickets for their Fargo concert. NO!!!!!!! Its all first come first serve, its how it always has been, its how it always should be.

Nothing more besides "SG really screwed up" can be said, and it will show this year at the hockey games

If you are going to blame anyone blame the Police department and REA and the fans that decided they would change the rules and camp out anyways.

Oh brother. Jordan himself said that he hoped people pre-camped on Thursday night because he wanted to embrace the atmosphere and "comraderie" that was present last year when the students camped out. And I agreed with him. No one was breaking the rules to camp out.

I know Jordan pushed for general admission seats this year for the lower bowl but was shot down. He brought up renewing season tickets from last year, and people didn't like that idea either. No one is blaming him directly for what happened, but the situation still sucks.

I know Jordan pushed for general admission seats this year for the lower bowl but was shot down. He brought up renewing season tickets from last year, and people didn't like that idea either. No one is blaming him directly for what happened, but the situation still sucks.

The only people who didnt like the renewal idea were probably the ones who didnt have season tickets last year. :D

I know its the weekend, but does anybody have any idea about the procedure for the 90 open tickets to be raffled off? I'm interested in throwing my name in...if I still can.

Also, what're everyone else's plans who don't get season tix? We should liven up the pre-game "tailgating", if you will, at the Ralph.

Starting tomorrow can go enter at student government for the extra seats. The 90 seats will be given away as a LOTTERY!!! Brings back old memories of Friday morning.. Anyways, I am up for getting more tailgating going..... we usually hit up the early session at the Down Under at about 3 or 4 oclock.

I know its the weekend, but does anybody have any idea about the procedure for the 90 open tickets to be raffled off? I'm interested in throwing my name in...if I still can.

Also, what're everyone else's plans who don't get season tix? We should liven up the pre-game "tailgating", if you will, at the Ralph.

The extra 90 seats are going to be given away at midnight Wed. Do not show up at the student government office on Monday or Tuesday and put your name in. :D

I am up for getting more tailgating going..... we usually hit up the early session at the Down Under at about 3 or 4 oclock.

I hope you realize that that isn't tailgating. Tailgating implies sitting the parking lot eating and drinking. Not going to a bar just to drink cheaper than you can at The Ralph.

First of all, how can you tailgate when we dont get to park in the lot. Thats one way you cant. Second, I was saying the bar is a place you can start, then tailgate, if we can even park in the lot.

To sign up you just go to student government. You put down your name, as well as a friend. There are 90 seats I believe, and if you are drawn and you have a friends name down, you can get 2 tickets so you can sit by a friend.

The op-ed in the student paper today appears that the student pres and vp blame the UND police for their failed plan.

Sambor [student vp]added that she understands that students could have been injured if there was a large rush to line up for tickets, but that such a concern should have been raised before Thursday.

"The UPD was supposed to enforce a no loitering policy," Sambor said.

Really? I thought the student government spent the past year developing a plan. Yet they didn't realize the obvious problem of a stampede. What did they think, students would just casually show up some time after 8:00?

This makes sense, say it's the PD's fault for not arresting students for being on public property.

"A sidewalk is a public place for pedestrians. I can't kick anyone off a sidewalk," Czapiewski said.
"We just students. Student Government doesn't specialize in event planning or crowd control, " Sambor said.

Yes, Ms. VP "you just student" and me tarzan. Sorry to tell you, but it is your job to specialize in event planning. You were supposed to plan the ticket distribution "event" I would say this is event planning. As the event planner it was your responsibility to establish some crowd control. Obviously you were not on the same page with the UPD.

Clearly the student gov't dropped the ball. It appears they have a bright future in politics. They are quickly learning how to deflect the blame.

Well the drawing for the last 90 lower tickets was to be held yesterday at 4:00. I went there after class and - they said it was moved to today at 12:00 in the Loading Dock. I head down there after class and surprise - there is a private event in the Loading Dock from 12 - 2.

Did anyone else put their name in this drawing? I'm beginning to think it was just a sick joke. Or are the student gov't members actually this incompetent?

When I turned my name in they said it was today (Thursday) at 4:00. The only other times I've heard are from on this site. Try that. I can't be there, but my name's in there so hopefully I've got a shot. I'm assuming they're going to post the results, otherwise I don't know how they'll get a hold of me....if I get drawn. Good luck to everyone else involved.

Lets bring some burgers and a grill out to the ralph on gamedays and get stuff going that way.

The chief of police changed the plan that "STUDENT GOVERNMENT, UIVERSITY POLICE, PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY, RALPH ENGLESTAD AREA" had made thurdays night at 9:30 pm when the anxious fans decided they would form a PRELINE which there was none and Being the only fair thing to do Jordan called a meeting together to fix what the chief of police had done for the students cheating the system.

My plan was to come friday morning at 4 am and go to the front of the line with about 30 people since there was no PRELINE, what would u have done then told me i was on the sidewalk and it was public property and this is the line even though there isn't a line. I give Schuetzle/Sambor a great thanks for making the raffle fair for the people who were going to show up at the right time and to the people that came early, there was no advantage except to have lady luck on your side. And again i think it shows alot of our student body president for not even taking a hockey ticket, who is the biggest fan i know, so another great hockey fan could have it. I still feel that Jordan deserves the best seat in the ralph for all the work he put into this and everything else he does and lets start showing him some support.

The chief of police changed the plan that "STUDENT GOVERNMENT, UIVERSITY POLICE, PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY, RALPH ENGLESTAD AREA" had made thurdays night at 9:30 pm when the anxious fans decided they would form a PRELINE which there was none and Being the only fair thing to do Jordan called a meeting together to fix what the chief of police had done for the students cheating the system.

My plan was to come friday morning at 4 am and go to the front of the line with about 30 people since there was no PRELINE, what would u have done then told me i was on the sidewalk and it was public property and this is the line even though there isn't a line. I give Schuetzle/Sambor a great thanks for making the raffle fair for the people who were going to show up at the right time and to the people that came early, there was no advantage except to have lady luck on your side. And again i think it shows alot of our student body president for not even taking a hockey ticket, who is the biggest fan i know, so another great hockey fan could have it. I still feel that Jordan deserves the best seat in the ralph for all the work he put into this and everything else he does and lets start showing him some support.

GET OVER YOURSELF, TROLL!