SiouxSports.com Forum

Changes at the REA

LFSPRO

:p Found this info on the FSC website. http://www.undalumni.org/Forms/Penalty%20box%20text_1.pdf

I guess that a donation of $1100 just is not enough to get any respect.

I will be finding someplace other than REA to spend my time and money prior to the games.

How many more benefits will be taken away before the fans say "enough"?

The "Penalty Box", how about naming it the "The Barn", that will be how it feels when club members are herded into the new bar with every other fan in the building!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS IS ABSOLUTE BS. Who are these idiots running the REA anyway? For christ sake are they straight out of Red River High School?

Nice move clowns! I for one hope this "Penalty Box" idea is a failure. Yeah nice idea...pay $1100 to mix it up with everyone else in the arena. Might as well just buy a ticket at the door or from a scalper for the same "perks" at a fraction of the cost.

THIS IS ABSOLUTE BS. Who are these idiots running the REA anyway? For christ sake are they straight out of Red River High School?

Nice move clowns! I for one hope this "Penalty Box" idea is a failure. Yeah nice idea...pay $1100 to mix it up with everyone else in the arena. Might as well just buy a ticket at the door or from a scalper for the same "perks" at a fraction of the cost.

Minot High School

It appears that Fighting Sioux hockey has become very "corporate" since they opened the new Ralph. I feel at times like I'm at an NHL game and that's really sad....there's a certain charm to college hockey that appears to be slowly going away...this goes for other teams as well.....DU charges 10 bucks for parking-outragious! CC used to charge 2.50 then they raised it to 5.00 last year. I suppose they'll bump it up again. DU's greed is also demonstrated in the pricing of their tickets. They raise the general admission price for CC/DU games to $22 compared to the $15 bucks they charge for all other games. To CC's credit, they do not alter the price of their general admission tickets based on who they're playing-it's the same all around. DU should be mindful that they have a LOT of trouble selling tickets and filling seats (with the exception of the CC games). I have a feeling that in light of winning the NCAA as well as there being no Avalanche games this year, DU will be gauge the spectator even more. I caution them against this as they (DU) could very well go back to their normal days of mediocrity as well as the return of the Av's and the NHL.

Well I'm also a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Evidently people at the REA/FSC don't understand that concept too well. They seem to not mind giving everyone the same product, access etc even though there are substantially different levels of payment for said. Looks like I know can lay claim to having a Media Guide AND a parking spot 100 feet closer to the door - all for the low low price of $1100!!! Thanks guys.....What good fortune you have provided all the FSC Coaches level and above members!!!!

It will be interesting to see how this goes over with the "big boys".

If I am upset about the lack of respect for my small $1100 contribution, just think how the Director Club ($2750), Emerald Club ($5500) and Dimond Club ($11000) members are going to feel. Hopefully they are willing stand up with the "little guy" and fight the "man".

By the way, no media guide for Coaches Club, talk about nickle and dime. Hopefully it will be some time before they install pay toilets. At this rate, I don't think I have enough change left in my pockets to let REA know how I feel about the policy changes!

It will be interesting to see how this goes over with the "big boys". 

If I am upset about the lack of respect for my small $1100 contribution, just think how the Director Club ($2750), Emerald Club ($5500) and Dimond Club ($11000) members are going to feel.  Hopefully they are willing stand up with the "little guy" and fight the "man".

By the way, no media guide for Coaches Club, talk about nickle and dime.  Hopefully it will be some time before they install pay toilets.  At this rate, I don't think I have enough change left in my pockets to let REA know how I feel about the policy changes!

I agree with you 100%. Our status is a mere pittance compared to those other levels. It would really be nice to see this cave in on them and result in a drop in FSC membership and "donations". All I know is that I'm now not going to spend any money in the REA rather prefer to spend it at Dagwoods or somewhere else before the game and after. Screw them........I mean really what a bunch of complete fools. They started us in the South End Club at limited access....which was nice and the pre-game social was nice and much appreciated by all I spoke with. Then revenue must have been low so they opened it up after the game started to anyone. Then it gets TOO crowded (what the hell did you think was going to happen you fools!) so now they are kicking everyone out. Doesn't this all revert back to square one with low revenue? How many people do you honestly think are going to spending money in those clubs now with this new policy? Coming full circle like this just affirms my position that complete bozos made the call on this one.

Meet you at Dagwoods, I plan on spending my money where it is appreciated!

I'm probably coming across as b$tching about everything but I would love to see a random poll taken of the Coaches and higher level members on this topic to see what the general opinion is of this latest REA/FSC fiasco.

I'm probably coming across as b$tching about everything but I would love to see a random poll taken of the Coaches and higher level members on this topic to see what the general opinion is of this latest REA/FSC fiasco.

Honestly I could care less. I like the fact that my seat is a good seat and that I will be drinking beer and watching hockey. I have no problem with REA wanting to make money. This isn't the old Ralph this is a nice hockey arena.

Let's flip this around:

What do you tell folks who paid serious bucks for club seating who can't even get from their seat to the bar during a period break?

Alternatively, I hope they thought this one through regarding the folks that sit behind the Sioux bench (levels above Coaches Club).

Let's flip this around:

What do you tell folks who paid serious bucks for club seating who can't even get from their seat to the bar during a period break?

Alternatively, I hope they thought this one through regarding the folks that sit behind the Sioux bench (levels above Coaches Club).

They didn't have any problems getting to their seats when the club was restricted to Coaches and higher. My point exactly.....Those club seats come with a server - so if you desire you can walk up to the bar but you certainly don't have to if you want a drink or food.

My biggest problem with this whole situation is what it may do to the atmosphere/noise level in the building. When the place does get rocking, is it going to be lacking 1500 rowdy people because they are drinking beer in a totally seperate location (The Penalty Box). I could care less about the bar situation because I enjoy sitting in my seat to drink my beer. Maybe it's the difference that I go to a hockey game to watch hockey and not go to a hockey game to sit in a bar.

I'm not furious, but a little put off by this whole thing. I had always enjoyed the club room at the old REA because it gave me the opportunity to talk hockey with other fans of a different generation. Most were older than me, and I learned much about the team traditions and history from our pre-game discussions. The first season at the new rink kind of kept this going on, but as the club rooms got more crowded, I no longer saw my "hockey friends" on a weekly basis.

It certainly seems like we're a long way from what Rob Bollinger described to us when we were all sitting at the Chester Fritz in anticipation of the new arena... and getting further away each year. Fine, REA can make some more money, I really could give a damn... but speaking selfishly, they kind of screwed up what has become my hockey traditions. For that, they can get bent. :p

What donation level are you at?

I honestly don't know its the ones that we paid for with our tickets, I think they are the ones that are $55.00, wether I can go in a bar or not is irrelevant to me. I sit in the upper deck and I watch the game, and I have no problem consuming beer in my seat.

Personally I think its actually a waste to have the bars in the arena because they distract from the games... Just my humble opinion. I think its funny that we have people that complain about everything, who cares if you can't go in the bar go down to the beer vender and get some beer, its all about the hockey on the ice... I actually wouldn't be surprised if the policy changes by the end of the season anyways.

Ok Goon...that is great. And with all due respect...Donate $1100 next year for your seat and let me know if you have the same opinion about this new policy. I don't go to the REA to sit in a bar either. In fact I just enjoy going between periods for a beer and to meet friends rather than do battle with the crowds on the concourse. So for that priveledge being taken away - an considering my $1100 "dontation" - yes I'm pissed off.

Ok Goon...that is great. And with all due respect...Donate $1100 next year for your seat and let me know if you have the same opinion about this new policy. I don't go to the REA to sit in a bar either. In fact I just enjoy going between periods for a beer and to meet friends rather than do battle with the crowds on the concourse. So for that priveledge being taken away - an considering my $1100 "dontation" - yes I'm pissed off.

Then you should be happy as opposed to being pissed since the bars are much more crowded than the concourses.