SiouxSports.com Forum

It's here!

The Sicatoka

Hale-McMahon-Connelly

Prpich-Palmiscno-Massen

Fuher-Lienweber

These were the lines for the other squad at the outset, however, players were shifted around.

Lee Marvin played winger for a bit.

Canady also played and informed my buddy during the autograph session that he hurt his shoulder again and wouldn't know until today if he would make this weekend's trip, but perhaps Brian's father knows more about situation.

Parise had a spectacular goal on a slapshot.

The goalies were okay, but not particularly sharp and Ranfranz, with all due respect, did not look good!

The Dahlen kid from Devils Lake who plays defense also did not look up to par.

All in all they looked good and seemed excited for this weekend.

As a side note, it appeared that approximately 2,000 people attended.

Canady also played and informed my buddy during the autograph session that he hurt his shoulder again and wouldn't know until today if he would make this weekend's trip, but perhaps Brian's father knows more about situation.

Your friend was correct. Brian's shoulder is still not 100%. He will stay home this weekend. Hopefully the "healing Gods" will help him nurse that shoulder back into the line-up for opening night at the REA. We are traveling long and far to watch him play...

Good luck to the Sioux in New York. :D

I agree that the Green team seemed more stacked than the white team. Parise, Bochenski, and Fylling played well together. Parise and Fylling have some nice moves, and all 3 have good shots. Their line accounted for about half of the scoring for the Green team. (Bochenski-2, Parise-1)

Spiewak, Notermann, and Lundbohm were back together and looking good. As always, their speed was noticeable, and Spiewak looked like he was in a race half the time. This line accounted for the other half of the scoring for the Green team. (Lundbohm-1, Notermann-1...I think)

It was harder to tell how well the White team was playing since, as someone mentioned, they had a couple extra players and were switching them around, and they had Lee Marvin playing winger sometimes. Plus it was just a scrimmage. They looked pretty good, but not as noticeable as what I am guessing are the top 2 lines from the Green team. Prpich scored the only goal for the White team.

The scrimmage was a lot more physical than I expected. Twice in the same shift, Massen nailed Jones into the boards with a nice clean check. It was fun to see, but I was waiting for Jones to get a little revenge. It never happened. I thought the defense was moving the puck really well, though, which is comforting. They actually called a crosschecking penalty on the Green team towards the end of the scrimmage, but I can't remember who took it.

The goaltenders are definitely going to be the deciding factor on this team, because the rest of the team seems ready. Ranfranz and Siembida saw most of the action, but I still thought Brandt looked a little better. Ranfranz, who is wearing Kollar's old number, scared me in the nets. He just didn't look very confident. I would really like for Brandt to get more of a chance to play this year.

Overall, it was a good scrimmage to watch, the guys looked like they were having fun, and it got me excited for the season to start. Go Sioux!

I heard that Spiewak Lundbohm Notermann line had 3 goals two by David and one by Jason...

Oh well we are going to have another line of fire... check the plus minus that year too Jason David and Kevin were pretty good two years ago down the stretch I hope they can keep it going and produce so they can stay together. Sounds like Parise, Bochenski and Fyling are really going so it should be good.

Rory McMahon and Ryan Hale were doing great at end of season last year so it is good to see they are together..

Lets Go SIOUX... Let's get it going right away in New York.

Marc Ranfranz has not been in a real game for a couple of years he will get it going if he gets a little time to find his old self..

Go Marc!

JCN :D

I heard that Spiewak Lundbohm Notermann line had 3 goals two by David and one by Jason...

I was pretty sure Bochenski got two goals, but who knows, I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. :D

My excuse is that there was the cutest baby in front of me that was distracting me.

I agree about Spiewak - Notermann - Lundbohm from two years ago. They were very potent in the drive to the frozen four, generating many chances. I remember thinking at the time that if Lundbohm was a little better finisher they could have scored even more, as he seemed to miss a few golden opportunities. I couldn't understand why they weren't together again last year, but I guess Blais was looking for a top line, and rotated many people through there.

This doesn't seem like a "Line of Fire" situation to me. No disrespect to the rest of the team, but the Panzer line was really at the top of their game, and quite a bit more dangerous than anyone else on the team. I think this year will see very balanced scoring. I also don't see this year's top line being dominant. Exciting at times, but we're still talking about a frosh and two sophs in an upperclassmen's league.

Your moderator was there. (Another poster was there with me. He can admit being seen in public with me if he chooses.)

These are my impressions and mental notes from the Green and White scrimmage at The Ralph.

First, walking into the place for the first time this season wasn

Your moderator was there. (Another poster was there with me. He can admit being seen in public with me if he chooses.)

I SWEAR IT WASN'T ME!!!

There was a person sitting near me who yelled at the players and officials. I had to pretend that I didn't know him. :D