SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Crown 11/7 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

most intriguing guy is new guy from overseas...gerbavidous?  me might be our version of jokic in denver...he was hitting 3's with ease in warmups and looks like he can get off the ground like rebraca...he probably looks at the soft ass walters and laughs knowing that he will have his spot by game 3.

51 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Do we have anyone comparable to Clausen and Brekke from the late 70’s early 80’s?

as far as being physical 

loved watching those guys

rebraca will be our best big man in a long long time...he just needs to grow into his game..find a mid-range jumper (he can actually hit  the 3 from time to time)...upside on him is good...this new ubanvisou guy looks like he could be very very good...sneaky guy...reminds me of jokic in denver..can't wait to see this five on the floor at the same time!!

stewart

moody

dea

rebraca

urbanvisouc 

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

How’d Danielson look? Surprised he got 22 mins in. I guess he is one of Sather’s “guys”.

Hard to understand why Hazenkamp or Alterbauers didn’t get any minutes. 

i was shocked that brady was one of the first guys off the bench and he played that much...hazey and davids didn't even play?  brady looked....okay.

Was an interesting game.  We played down to the opponents level at times which happens.  Starters are solid although Walters has to play stronger.  Rebraca and Ekens are all conf potential if they continue to progress.  Brown and Stewart were solid.  Brown still needs to hit the wide open 3 when it comes and didn’t.  Stewart has the potential to be a major playmaker but needs to know when it isn’t there.  If they correct those things they will be solid.  Moody is a great offensive threat but still has a ways to go defensively.  Many of Crowns points came from whoever Moody had defensively.  Brady seemed like a good strong hustle kid, but plays like a 4 and isn’t very big at 6’4 for that role. Plays hard though.  Coudreau is just a step away from breaking through.  Nice touch from the outside   Seems like he is still learning team defensive mechanics but could be a big help off the bench if he continues to improve.  Not sure why atelbauers isn’t playing as our guard play past Moody is not pretty.  The new big man may be okay but will need to adjust to the speed of the game.  It’s going to get a lot more skilled than crown college.  That was my take.  Overall optimistic but depth is a concern.  DAE and Rebraca are going to be fun to watch.

10 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

dae looked really really good...but i will say that his shot style isn't very "smooth" looking....but they seem to go in.

The first one that he shot looked pretty good, looking back at it does seem a little wonky. 

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i was shocked that brady was one of the first guys off the bench and he played that much...hazey and davids didn't even play?  brady looked....okay.

To me Brady didn't stand out in either a positive or a negative fashion, however that's not a bad thing.  Will have to see more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hans8891 said:

Was an interesting game.  We played down to the opponents level at times which happens.  Starters are solid although Walters has to play stronger.  Rebraca and Ekens are all conf potential if they continue to progress.  Brown and Stewart were solid.  Brown still needs to hit the wide open 3 when it comes and didn’t.  Stewart has the potential to be a major playmaker but needs to know when it isn’t there.  If they correct those things they will be solid.  Moody is a great offensive threat but still has a ways to go defensively.  Many of Crowns points came from whoever Moody had defensively.  Brady seemed like a good strong hustle kid, but plays like a 4 and isn’t very big at 6’4 for that role. Plays hard though.  Coudreau is just a step away from breaking through.  Nice touch from the outside   Seems like he is still learning team defensive mechanics but could be a big help off the bench if he continues to improve.  Not sure why atelbauers isn’t playing as our guard play past Moody is not pretty.  The new big man may be okay but will need to adjust to the speed of the game.  It’s going to get a lot more skilled than crown college.  That was my take.  Overall optimistic but depth is a concern.  DAE and Rebraca are going to be fun to watch.

I agree with a lot of this, especially the point about the depth at guard.  Someone needs to step up between Igbanugo and Panoam to provide those minutes. 

Was curious about this last night so looked back at the live stats tab I left up from last night and pulled up the shot chart

421524647_2019-11-08(2).png.8fe7c9bc057363bbacd0e49d60f66a8f.png

It seemed way more about either getting to the basket or shooting a 3, and taking a lot less mid-range jumpers.  Of course I can't look back at any shot chart from last year to confirm my suspicions but am I onto something or on something?

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Was curious about this last night so looked back at the live stats tab I left up from last night and pulled up the shot chart

421524647_2019-11-08(2).png.8fe7c9bc057363bbacd0e49d60f66a8f.png

It seemed way more about either getting to the basket or shooting a 3, and taking a lot less mid-range jumpers.  Of course I can't look back at any shot chart from last year to confirm my suspicions but am I onto something or on something?

You are correct 

midrange shots are obsolete