SiouxSports.com Forum

Dataflix '04-05?

OETKB

• 2 weeks later...
Why doesn't the radio station that currently has the UND sports contract offer a listen on-line feature?  Is this blocking a revenue stream that REA wants to control?

Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

You can listen to all of the games online. :p There is a link to the broadcast on the Hockey Home page. That is what you are asking about, right?

I think he is talking about a feature where you can call in and listen to the game, over the phone.

I thought that I was asking about the phone number, and he was talking about online, meaning the internet. As I said in my question, I no someone called a number last winter.

Looks like the men's hockey only pass is $99.99 which I think is the same as last year but without the women's games.

It also appears that all games will be available except the two with Maine on 10/8 and 10/9, not sure why those are being left out.

I sure hope the quality is better this year. I would even be willing to pay a bit more for a better and more consistent feed.

Is Dataflix worth the bucks? I just purchased a brand new Dell computer, so my system should be top of the line. If I am traveling, can I watch the games on a computer other than mine as long as it meets the requirements for the game? Does one just sign in wherever they are and type in a password to see the games? I was thinking about getting the all inclusive deal for 200 bucks and want to make sure it is worth it. I had heard about games last year being one camera angle and dark, etc.

Thanks for the info.

Is Dataflix worth the bucks? I just purchased a brand new Dell computer, so my system should be top of the line. If I am traveling, can I watch the games on a computer other than mine as long as it meets the requirements for the game? Does one just sign in wherever they are and type in a password to see the games? I was thinking about getting the all inclusive deal for 200 bucks and want to make sure it is worth it. I had heard about games last year being one camera angle and dark, etc.

Thanks for the info.

From my perspective, Dataflix was great and well worth the moola. Sure, there were points in almost every game where the transmission got choppy, but the vast majority of the time I got functional streaming.

You can use any computer with good enough spec's, as long as the proper version of windows media is installed. The game link sign-in is via the Dataflix website. You type in your "base" email and a password, then click on the live event and a special window opens with the streaming video.

Camera work: Home games are very nice. Several cameras, with replay capability. Like they put on the Jumbo screen at the games. Road games are a different story. Often just one camera with no replays. But we normally can't see road games at all, so who's going to complain about that?

• 2 weeks later...

The Broadband company owns Dataflix.

In fairness to what I posted above, I have to reference what happened last Saturday during the UND-Delta State fooball game. The streaming was very poor. Choppy or just frozen much of the time.

A rep from the Ralph said it was a poor internet connection on UND's end. He also said they would do everything possible to fix it by game 2 (tomorrow).

By the end of last season, most of the hockey games were coming in just fine, so last week was a big step backward. We shall see if they really get things fixed tomorrow.