SiouxSports.com Forum

Lines for 2004-05

Kermit

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree. genoway is a great talent. he didn't get the accolades that bochenski and parise did, but their numbers were in another league (amongst the hobey high numbers). i think genoway will center the first line on starting night at the ralph. i think spirko's size and college inexperience will take a little adjustment (the first weekend anyways).

1-Murray - Genoway - Bochenski

2-Zajac - Stafford - Porter

3-Prpich - McMahon - Fylling

4-Kaip - Spirko - Massen

with 2 and 3 interchangable depending on when the opposing team's first line will play.

let's hope that all line adjustments will be made early and all lines will fire every night unlike a couple of years ago when lines were still being shuffled going into the ncaa's before that humiliating loss to ferris state. i hope massen can turn up his game to the levelof his sophomore year. this should be an incredible team this year with many highlights from many players.

Zajac is a center so he would be center on the second line and Stafford on the left side if that line happened because Stafford is a left wing. Spirko wouldn't be a center on the fourth line but Kaip is a natural center so that would change around.

Here is how I think the lines will be

1-Murray-Zajac-Bochenski

2-Stafford-Genoway-Fylling

3-Prpich-McMahon-Porter

4-Spirko-Kaip-Massen/Fabian

However Murray could centerBochenski and Stafford on the first line as Murray has played center at the Kings prospect camp and they project him as a center (he has also played center before I believe). That would move Zajac down to centering the second line with Genoway moving to the left side.

D-Men

1-Jones-Greene

2-Schneider-Radke

3-Smaby-Fuher

4-Bina-Marvin/Foyt

Zajac is a center so he would be center on the second line and Stafford on the left side if that line happened because Stafford is a left wing.

Here is how I think the lines will be

1-Murray-Zajac-Bochenski

2-Stafford-Genoway-Fylling

3-Prpich-McMahon-Porter

4-Spirko-Kaip-Massen/Fabian

Stafford is a right wing. Your second line has two right wings and your third line has two left wings.

That's not to say that your line prediction might not be accurate. However, Blais usually tried to avoid playing righthanders on the left and lefthanders on the right. Whether Hakstol is the same way remains to be seen.

Well, if PCM's story on USCHO about Bochenski is true. I"m guessing all of your guys line combos are wrong. Personally I hope PCM is wrong, but for some reason that rarely is the case.

My lines are (without Bo)

Murray-Genoway-Stafford

Porter-Zajac-Fylling

Prpich-McMahon-Canady/Fabian (checking line)

Spirko-Kaip-Massen until any of these three show they deserve better

D

Jones-Greene

Schnieder-Radke

Fuhr-Smaby

Bina-Marvin

Personally I hope PCM is wrong, but for some reason that rarely is the case.

It's not about me being right or wrong. I simply quoted what Blais told me.

That being said, I think your Bo-less lines are pretty good. I'm hoping that Massen will return to form for his senior season and move up to the second line, enabling the Prpich-McMahon-Fylling line to stay together.

Over the weekend, I got my Sioux hockey fix by watching a tape of the 2003 game of UND at Minnesota. The Sioux won 4-2. Massen was on the first power play and on the second line with Lundbohm and Spiewak.

Massen had an assist on a power play and played well throughout the game. And this was against a team that went on to win the national championship. I'd forgotten how good James could be when he plays well.

Without Bochenski, the Sioux will need him to step up next season.

Ok, have to throw my two cents in also.

Stafford, Murray, and Genoway

Porter, Zajac, and Spirko

McMahon, Pripch, and Fylling (too good to split up)

Kaip, Massen and Fabian

(Canady really needs to step up his game to be in the lineup)

D

Schneider and Bina

Jones and Greene

Radke and Fuher

(Smaby would be put in with whoever's partner is not performing.)

Goaltending

BRANDT!!

Lamoureux as back up.

(With Zach gone, I don't think Jordan will get the playing time)

Goaltending

BRANDT!!

Lamoureux as back up. 

Jordan Parise's playing time had nothing to do with Zach being here. It may have something to do with him being here, but not his playing time. I don't have his stats right now (PCM has a nice chart) but his performance is why he plays.

Goaltending

BRANDT!!

Lamoureux as back up. 

Its obvious your not too bright. Yikes. If you have half a brain you would know that Jordan played some good in goal last season. His brother being here or not being here will have no bearing on how much he plays this season. Its no conicidence that Brandt sat on the bench while Jordan played in the NCAA regional playoff. Why because Jordan was playing better than Brandt at that part in the season.

Edited by Goon

Well, I personally wouldn't be surprised at all to see Stafford playing a lot of center this year. I think it's a possibility the lines could look like-

Murray-Stafford-Porter (line 1)

Spirko-Genoway-Zajac (line 1a)

Prpich-McMahon-Fylling

Kaip-Canady-Fabian

Defense could be interesting, as I think Bina has the capability to jump in and replace anybody at any time if anyone starts to slip, and I don't think the coaches will hesitate to throw him in there. That being said, the D should look like this-

Greene-Jones

Schneider-Smaby

Fuher-Radke

Early in the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of Robbie, especially if Smaby or Fuher struggles at all in the defensive zone If Radke has a little trouble adjusting to D1 hockey, they might not play him every single game at the beginning of the season, to let him get a feel for the game.

Goaltending is very tricky, as Brandt and Jordan did an excellent job last year, dispelling any doubts as to their capability as goaltenders, especially Brandt. However, I think the job is Phil's to win. If he can prove that he is capable of replacing either of the two incumbents, we should see a lot of Phillipe in the early goings of the season, at least splitting weekends with Jake or Jordan.

Well, that's my two cents, any comments? complaints? I don't want to hear em!!

Goaltending is very tricky, as Brandt and Jordan did an excellent job last year, dispelling any doubts as to their capability as goaltenders, especially Brandt. However, I think the job is Phil's to win. If he can prove that he is capable of replacing either of the two incumbents, we should see a lot of Phillipe in the early goings of the season, at least splitting weekends with Jake or Jordan.

Well, that's my two cents, any comments? complaints? I don't want to hear em!!

I think your oppinion seems reasonable. Not some half cocked conspiracey about how Jordan has no business being here.

Ok already - stop with the emails!! Apparently I didn't come across successfully. I do think Jordan is a GOOD goalie, but I think that the constant switching between two for the past three years messed with their heads and with the changes this year, it will be very tough for Jordan mentally.

I just wondered now that Dean and Zach were both gone if Brandt wouldn't get more time for this year, graduate then the job goes to Jordan.... Lamoureux will have to work for it to beat them out but it sounds like he stands a shot.

As far as the defense, they are all VERY good but we can't consistanly play all of them so someone will be odd man out. In all reality I would guess it would change each game but with Bina being a GF kid, I am a little baised towards him and hope that he will get lots of playing time.

Just because someone doesn't agree with my opinion doesn't mean you should be nasty... Chill out. This is supposed to be a discussion board, and we can all have our own opinion without someone going ballistic when you don't agree... Jeez, it's not like I am a gopher fan...

I think both Jordan and Jake did well. But I still think that the rotating did a number on both of them. I remember Brandt getting three shutouts in a row two years ago and then sitting on the bench for 3-4 games. It has to be hard to stay mentally alert if you are in that situation. I wonder if Dave will do the same thing or stick with one...

I think both Jordan and Jake did well. But I still think that the rotating did a number on both of them.

Jake and Jordan had no problem with the rotation. They were both willing to do what was best for the team, and that was playing the goalie who was playing best.

With Bo gone, I think the lines will look different this year. I also read somewhere that Murray was going to try his hand at center. So, that being said, I am anticipating this line up. One disclaimer though: those players I list as wings are not particular to that side. So if I put a LW in a RW slot and vice versa, it was unintentional.

Zajac-Murray-Stafford

Spirko-Genoway-Porter

Kaip-McMahon-Prpich

Canady/Fabian-Massen-Fylling

Greene-Jones

Schneider-Radke

Smaby-Fuher

Bina-Marvin/Foyt

Yeah, I put Massen in the lineup. I'm just not ready to give up on the kid yet. Last season on the ice it does seem like he lost some of his edge, but I think he will pull it together... or sit out the second half.

With Bo gone, I think the lines will look different this year. I also read somewhere that Murray was going to try his hand at center. So, that being said, I am anticipating this line up. One disclaimer though: those players I list as wings are not particular to that side. So if I put a LW in a RW slot and vice versa, it was unintentional.

Zajac-Murray-Stafford

Spirko-Genoway-Porter

Kaip-McMahon-Prpich

Canady/Fabian-Massen-Fylling

Greene-Jones

Schneider-Radke

Smaby-Fuher

Bina-Marvin/Foyt

Yeah, I put Massen in the lineup. I'm just not ready to give up on the kid yet. Last season on the ice it does seem like he lost some of his edge, but I think he will pull it together... or sit out the second half.

From what I have read, it appears that Bo isn't gone yet.The suspense is killing me, I wish we as fans could get some closure on this so we could move on knowing wether he is going to be with UND or not. Reading between the lines it seems that Bo hasn't got the contract he was looking for as of yet, maybe he is postioning himself through the media. I wonder if he has signed up for classes just in case he doesn't get the contract that he was looking for.

From what I have read, it appears that Bo isn't gone yet.The suspense is killing me, I wish we as fans could get some closure on this so we could move on knowing wether he is going to be with UND or not. Reading between the lines it seems that Bo hasn't got the contract he was looking for as of yet, maybe he is postioning himself through the media. I wonder if he has signed up for classes just in case he doesn't get the contract that he was looking for.

I realized that after I posted it. I should edit it to say "With Bo possibly leaving" instead of "With Bo gone"

Nevertheless, I wonder if talks stalled and the big loser in this may be Bochenski. Bo wanting a contract, Ottawa offering what resources they are wiling to give to him and Bo's agent unwilling to compromise. Now, this is a big assumption, I know, but if it is true, Bo could be in trouble because the dry land conditioning should be starting very soon.

Pretty sure Brandon hasn't been sitting around eating Krispy Kreme's all summer, if that's what you meant by that. If he hasn't signed by the time the rest of the Sioux team reports for conditioning, there's not really a reason for Brandon not to show up as well. :lol:

I realized that after I posted it. I should edit it to say "With Bo possibly leaving" instead of "With Bo gone"

Nevertheless, I wonder if talks stalled and the big loser in this may be Bochenski. Bo wanting a contract, Ottawa offering what resources they are wiling to give to him and Bo's agent unwilling to compromise. Now, this is a big assumption, I know, but if it is true, Bo could be in trouble because the dry land conditioning should be starting very soon.

I think you may be right. Because it seems if he was going ok, he might have been gone. Bo's not being gone isn't a bad thing I think. Also, Brandon is a 7th round draft choice, they aren't going to give him a hugh signing bonus. Not like they give 1st or 2nd rounders.

• 3 weeks later...