SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol Officially Named Head Coach

airmail

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was brad named associated head coach?:D?:p?;)?:)??any word on possible assistant coaches

No decision yet; working on it for next 3-4 weeks. Berry is an assistant. Don't know that associate is a title given to a college assistant.

Questions and answers for Hakstol going on. Can't hear the questions being asked, only the answers.

In that case, I assume Berry gets that title now.

Sounds like they'll not comment on the other assistant possibilites right now. Stay tuned for the GFH and unnamed sources for more information :D

Guys! Relax!! Have a Coke and a smile and chill out!! The powers that be there know what they're doing, (*sorta*) and I'm sure they can pick out a fine coaching staff. You all do know that its only 7 weeks until the football season starts?? Can't you all be worried enuff to have puppies about that for just a little bit??? :D:);):p

There will be a lot of pressure on an unproven coach, hopefully he is up for the job. I just feel that not having Blais is going to really hurt recruiting especially against Minnesota. The arena and the facilities are going to have to make up for it until Hakstol becomes a proven commodity.

There will be a lot of pressure on an unproven coach, hopefully he is up for the job. I just feel that not having Blais is going to really hurt recruiting especially against Minnesota. The arena and the facilities are going to have to make up for it until Hakstol becomes a proven commodity.

Nope disagree according to WPOS we are going to have a bunch of 28 year old canadians again. Fine as long as we win, I don't care if they are purple or green martions.

I think people are dreaming if they think UND is going to stumble just because we have a new coach. UND will be fine.

If I was a gopher fan I would be worried that my team with or without Vanek, because there is a good chance they are going to suck. Horrible goaltending, suspect defense (Jake Taylor is not it) and no offense.

If I am not mistaken Hak did a lot of the recruiting for the players we already have.

Perhaps this is stating the obvious...but I will state it anyway.

A National Championship could build a whole bunch of instant credibility for Coach Hakstol et al. With the talent this "new staff" has, this would be a great season to capitalze on said talent and springboard into the next chapter of UND Hockey!

THE HAKSTOL ERA a.ka. THE HAK ATTACK!

Good Luck Coach Hak!

Perhaps this is stating the obvious...but I will state it anyway.

A National Championship could build a whole bunch of instant credibility for Coach Hakstol et al. With the talent this "new staff" has, this would be a great season to capitalze on said talent and springboard into the next chapter of UND Hockey!

THE HAKSTOL ERA a.ka. THE HAK ATTACK!

Good Luck Coach Hak!

Hak Attack - I like that!

You know Mario will go to UND now

If Mario comes to Tri City (Ne) this year, I'll get to see him play maybe 30-40 games. That is, if he doesn't split the season between here and GF.

Either way, I'll try and keep some updates going.

The text, "Full Story", has been up on the USCHO main page for several hours, and finally, a link to PCM's article. Very good, Pat.

Thanks! I was afraid that I'd have to post the link myself. Then there'd be real hell to pay. :D

By the way, the reason for the long delay between the end of the news conference and the long wait to post the story on USCHO, was because I had a real job to do before I wrote the story. Such is life...

By the way, the reason for the long delay between the end of the news conference and the long wait to post the story on USCHO, was because I had a real job to do before I wrote the story. Such is life...

Guessing you were present at the news conference. Listening on streaming audio, I had to guess at the questions based on what the answers were. Anything come up on the GFH, unnamed source, etc. Didn't sound like it from the answers.

Guessing at the 3-4 week upcoming process was in response to a question about who the new asst coach would be?