SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Hak!

Warthog

What is Coach Hak going to do with his first and only major problem. Goalie!!

Who Starts? What happen to JPAR now tha ZP and DB are gone? What is

Ziggy going to do? Will Lammy redshirt? DB left Coach Hak with a roster with 4 goalies that want to play!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ziggy going to do? Will Lammy redshirt? DB left Coach Hak with a roster with 4 goalies that want to play!!!!

I can't reply until I find my "Hockey nickname to English" decoder ring.

Jordan had very good numbers last season. He is my preseason pick for top goalie, although Brandt also performed well.

Lammy is an unknown as far as how well he could do right away. He had fantastic numbers last year in the USHL, but that doesn't always translate to the WCHA. Ziggy will probably also be better this season in terms of physical conditioning (Blais comment), so who knows?:)?

Cut Brandt and go with the other three. Seriously, someone has to go. What are the Sioux going to do, rotate Brandt and Parise at away games and Ziegleman and Lamourex at home games? Four is too many. Though I doubt that Hakstol will be as willing to cut seniors as DB was (Ranfranz)

Wart Hog, if you heard Zach on his way out he refered to his brother as the starter or something along that line of thinking. I think Brandt should be the one that is worried, maybe Ziggy, but Jpar will be here. If your so confident I will bet you some beer or something on a side bet, or others that are crazy enough to think that Jordon is now all of a sudden gone just because Zack is.

Cut Brandt and go with the other three. Seriously, someone has to go. What are the Sioux going to do, rotate Brandt and Parise at away games and Ziegleman and Lamourex at home games? Four is too many. Though I doubt that Hakstol will be as willing to cut seniors as DB was (Ranfranz)

Honestly where in the roatation would Marc had played last season?

I can't fault Blais for that one.

Honestly where in the roatation would Marc had played last season?

I can't fault Blais for that one.

Probably the same place in the rotation that Ziegleman was at. I know Ranfranz was not a great goalie, but he was loyal, and did everything that UND asked of him. DB could have at least cut him early enough to give him the option of going elsewhere.

I like Brandt he should be even better this year Jpar will switch with Brandt like last year. i think ziggy is out and lammy is redshirt.

I wonder if Hak will keep with the mindset that Blaiser had, when a caller called into the coaches show and a caller ask Dean if they planned on redshirting Lammy and Blais said that he planned on him playing right out of the gate. From what I gather is that Hak won't change a lot from Dean's days as coach. Apparently Hak is just as intense as Blais. If true I hope things stay the same.

I like Brandt he should be even better this year Jpar will switch with Brandt like last year. i think ziggy is out and lammy is redshirt.

Rumor is Ziggy is looking to go elsewhere. I have nothing to back this up other than rumor and hearsay so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Things may change with DB leaving, he never really gave Ziggy a chance last season, Hakstol may be different.

I may be wrong but didn't Ziggy and Lammy split starts when both were on Lincoln?

I cannot see Brandt getting cut, he is the only real tested goalie.

Yes, Ziggy and Phil were pretty much evenly rotated while they were in Lincoln. I'd like for Ziggy to stay at UND because that has always been his dream, but I'd also like for Ziggy to go somewhere where he'll get playing time. He needs game time to be a successful goalie. Some goalies are fine with just getting practice and are sharp when they finally get called upon to play a game. When Johnson stayed with the rotation they were fine, but if he gave one goalie 2 starts it kind of threw their game plan off a bit. I think they were so used to playing every other night. Best of luck to all of the UND goalies, especially the former Stars :D

I seem to recall having four goaltenders. Didn't we have Brandt, Siembida, Ranfranz, and Sofie a year or two ago?

Faulting Blais for cutting Ranfranz is a tough call. I don't think it was as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

It is unfair to Ziggy to have four goaltenders on the roster, but the 2005 season will see Lammy, JPar, and Ziggy if he stays. I think that would be a nice trio.

Ziggy could always go to MUS-M (?) and compete with the 4 or 5 they have now.

Edit: OH, and by the way, if Ziggy transfers (unless there is something I'm missing about the rule) he wouldn't be able to play until the 2005 season in DI hockey anyways, which would mean that he'd be on the active roster at the same time he would be had he stayed. I guess the only issue is the year of eligibility.

Edited by redwing77

I seem to recall having four goaltenders. Didn't we have Brandt, Siembida, Ranfranz, and Sofie a year or two ago?

Those 4 goalies are a little different than what the Sioux will have this year. Sofie and Ranfranz were walk-on's that weren't even looked to at the beginning of the year for any sort of playing time.

Those 4 goalies are a little different than what the Sioux will have this year. Sofie and Ranfranz were walk-on's that weren't even looked to at the beginning of the year for any sort of playing time.

What about the memorable Todd Jones, Jeff Lembke, Chris Dickson trio?

Edit: OH, and by the way, if Ziggy transfers (unless there is something I'm missing about the rule) he wouldn't be able to play until the 2005 season in DI hockey anyways, which would mean that he'd be on the active roster at the same time he would be had he stayed. I guess the only issue is the year of eligibility.

I believe that rule can be waived by the departing school. So if Ziggy leaves w/ UND's ok then he wouldn't have to sit out a year. I'm not 100% on that rule.

I think that Brandt and Parise will split the time again this year.

Brandt is a senior and has been tested in a wide variety of situations so there is no reason to cut him.

Parise proved his worth last season and should perform even better this year.

Ziggy didn't get a chance to prove anything last year and with Lammy being touted as the next Karl :D (I'll believe it when I see it) he seems to be the odd man out again.

Lammy is said to be the next Karl...like I said, I will believe it when I see it, but if he is I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting some time next season with a much larger load in the 05-06 season.

No matter how the situation plays out I think it is safe to say that UND will be ready in net for the next three seasons or so...plenty of time for (Coach?) Hakstol to scout some more talent.

I can see ziggy going with blessing, so he can play right away; where is a good question.

Never know which brandt shows up; likes to be 2 down before he gets into it? Cost us Wis and mo; saved us and won wcha for us in Duluth. I'm not a fan of his but what'ya do? Put'm 3rd and let'm practice intensly or he doesn't get in.

Jordan's a keeper, but-

Lam's gonna start and do really well!!

Just my opinion.

I believe that rule can be waived by the departing school. So if Ziggy leaves w/ UND's ok then he wouldn't have to sit out a year. I'm not 100% on that rule.

Negative. That's an NCAA rule. Schools can't waive it.

A transfer now would be like redshirting this season and staying where you are at.

What's this talk about Lammy being the "next Karl"? There's no way he should have those expectations on his shoulders, and no reason to expect he will be as good. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Certainly a goaltender of his caliber is welcome, but let's not expect too much from the kid.

His numbers do not match what Karl had done at this point in his career, and while numbers don't tell the whole story, they are an indicator. To me, Lammy looks like a consistently good goalie. Let's just ask him to be that for now.

Karl 1996-97 954 shots, 2.48GA, .924 sv%

Lammy 2003-04 1499, .918, 2.80

2002-03 781, .917, 2.16

Negative. That's an NCAA rule. Schools can't waive it.

A transfer now would be like redshirting this season and staying where you are at.

Thanks Sic. I must have been thinking of this rule -

13.7.1.3.2 Transfer Student

If a student-athlete attending a four-year institution desires to transfer and that institution provides the permission required (per Bylaw 13.1.1.3), it is permissible for a second institution to provide the student-athlete one official visit to that institution