SiouxSports.com Forum

Shark wing recipe. ???...

Frozen4sioux

Since we are in the mode if reviving topics of recipies...

I dont have a chance to get up to the Cay enough and mouth is watering for some shark wing sauce.

Anybody happen to have it or work there.... the jambalaya wouldnt suckntonbe able to make either. 

PM me if you have it or post if willing...

I was under the understanding it was a buffalo sauce and a bbq sauce and then some stuff to add the heat and sour cream to moderate the heat.

I do my wings by deep frying for 20 mins at 210 then after cooling to room temp finishing at 400 for 2-5 minutes.

Wings turnnout better than any restraunt... would live to add the shark goodness .... 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewziegler/chicken-wings-you-have-to-try-before-you-die#.nmkj3QjnoQ

http://www.grandforksherald.com/entertainment/2135472-parrots-cay-sauce-takes-first-place-national-buffalo-wing-festival

Drahovzal said he had to disappoint many samplers who wanted to buy a bottle of the Shark Sauce to take home -- but he's hopeful they will soon be selling their homemade sauces by next year.

"It's our buffalo wing sauce and our barbecue sauce mixed together," owner Rob Drahovzal explained. "That's all it is."

• 2 months later...

Can't be "regular" BBQ sauce though like anything we've ever had.  I also don't get much of a Buffalo Sauce (garlicy-zing type flavor) that we know and love.

There is a cumin component to Shark Sauce, combined with some sweetness.   Butter/Brown Sugar/Garlic/Cumin and probably a bunch of other stuff.  I'm a cotton-headed ninnymuggins for trying to figure it out.  Regardless, IMO Shark Sauce Wings are the best wings in the state of North Dakota and it's not even close.

I think there is some honey and yellow curry in it.  Agreed on the buffalo sauce flavor - I think its mosty bbq with buffalo sauce added to reach the desired spicyness level.

Agreed with Frozen4sioux on the frying technique.  If I am deep frying anything, I do it twice.  Makes the item darker and crunchier.