SiouxSports.com Forum

Tickets for NoDak vs. Gophers!

Some friends and I were interested in making the trek to NoDak in October to watch the series but heard that tickets are VERY hard to come by at the new Ralph. Does a person have a chance of getting tickets at all up there, even SRO? I know that I'm a Gopher fan but any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks! :sad:

4 months till hockey starts again!

It might be difficult unless you have a connection with some corporate seats or something of that nature. I know my gopher series seats will always have my butt in them! :sad:

Check out this POI thread about standing room only seats. Not to steer you away, but it isn't the best place in the REA to catch game action...

It might be difficult unless you have a connection with some corporate seats or something of that nature. I know my gopher series seats will always have my butt in them! :sad:

Check out this POI thread about standing room only seats. Not to steer you away, but it isn't the best place in the REA to catch game action...

Yeah, I read that post and thats what kind of worried me, I heard the SRO seats are not the greatest. I REALLY want to make the trip up there but if I could not get into the arena to see it I would not want to make the drive then. Even though watching the game at one of the bars in town woud be o.k. too I would really like to see the new Ralph.

Thanks for the info though Airmail. :lol:

Go to theralph.com web site you can try to purchase tickets for individual games tho they haven't started to sell individual games yet or you can keep checking ticketmaster. Also on the ralph web site they have a ticket exchange where you signup for and they sell or trade tickets not sure how well that does but these are a couple of possibilities.

This is what I did when I was going to school at UND. My friends came up to a game for the Gophers series. I had student tickets but couldn't get the 3 of them in. So I just looked on the tickets for sale on the ralph website a few weeks before. Emailed and called different people. And finally found a guy with 4 tickets in the same row and section. They were a little steep $50 each, but it was well worth getting my friends in the Ralph to see them play the Gophs.

That is how I recommend doing it. Good Luck!

Keep an eye out for when tickets go on sale to the general public shortly before the hockey season starts. Log onto Ticketmaster and have your profile already filled out with your address and credit card number to speed up the process. They'll start selling the tickets at a designated time (it was 10am last season), and will sell out within 5-10 minutes. You need to be ready as soon as they go on sale. It helps to have a fast internet connection with the large amount of traffic happening at that time. The crappy part is that there is a limit as to how many tickets you can buy at one time, and last year I wasn't able to find out what that number was. So if you insert that you want to buy X amount of tickets and it is over the amount, you have to start over, which wastes valuable time. That happened to me. There is also the blood-sucking $8 charge per ticket that Ticketmaster added on once you secured your tickets. Beautiful.

Hopefully some of you can get a hold of tickets to this series. I rather enjoyed watching Gopher fans leave the building last year after the Sioux swept. :sad:

My uncle has gone to just about every game the past three years by buying tickets from people selling at the main entrance. I don't think he's ever paid more than $25 for a Gopher ticket (opening night excluded). He did make it sound like most people were asking for $30-40+ for the Gopher tickets. For most other games, he can usually get a ticket for $10-15, or sometimes even a freebie. Of course, driving all the way to Grand Forks might not be too appealing without tickets in hand.

I am also interested in getting tickets for the Gophers series in Grand Forks. I was hesitant to post at first because I figured someone would be biting heads off for discussing tickets in the Hockey section, but then I remembered that this was not POI.

I don't know about $1000 per seat, but maybe I can trade my first born... :sad:

Seriously though, I have a pair of sideline seats, row 11, in the second deck for the nationally televised Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers football game at the Metrodome ($120 face value) that I may be willing to barter for 2 lower bowl tickets for both games in the Gophers-Sioux series. For that matter I have the same tickets for all games if another game is more appealing. If anyone is interested let me know. (If my name doesn't already indicate this I am NOT a Gopher rube...)

BTW, anybody have any tips for getting Maine tickets without going on the UND charter?

Thanks to everyone for your help. Hopefully if all goes well I'll be able to see the new Ralph come October.

DROP THE PUCK! DROP THE PUCK!!!! sorry...I get excited when I see a gopher/sioux post..

if nothing else, you can take a tour of the building sometime over the weekend. Hopefully you can get to one or both of these games! good luck! :sad:

Thanks to everyone for your help. Hopefully if all goes well I'll be able to see the new Ralph come October. Or if all else fails I guess I could just watch the game at one of the many cool bars in Grand Forks.....which doesn't sound all bad either! :sad:

Two Words...El Roco...

Plus that's where everyone will be after the game(s)

:lol:

Seriously though, I have a pair of sideline seats, row 11, in the second deck for the nationally televised Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers football game at the Metrodome ($120 face value) that I may be willing to barter for 2 lower bowl tickets for both games in the Gophers-Sioux series.  For that matter I have the same tickets for all games if another game is more appealing.  If anyone is interested let me know.  (If my name doesn't already indicate this I am NOT a Gopher rube...)

BTW, anybody have any tips for getting Maine tickets without going on the UND charter?

Do you really think two upper level tickets for the Vikings against ANYONE at the concrete/plasticdome would be worth trading Sioux tickets against the gophers? I am one who says no. I'll take the Sioux over my Vikings any day.

Two Words...El Roco...

Plus that's where everyone will be after the game(s)

:lol:

Southgate always has a good crowd for the games too. (they also have the best sirloin tips in the city) :lol:

The "house" has been known to buy a round on occasion after an early Sioux goal too! :lol: