SiouxSports.com Forum

Article on Pat Tillman in UMass paper

MinnesotaNorthStar

Free speech is a good thing, I would never want the gov't stepping in to censure anybody's opinion. At the same time people need to be responsible for their speech. In this case a good ass kicking sounds about right... by the entire AZ Cardinals offensive line. ;)

Free speech is a good thing, I would never want the gov't stepping in to censure anybody's opinion. At the same time people need to be responsible for their speech. In this case a good ass kicking sounds about right... by the entire AZ Cardinals offensive line. ;)

.....and defensive line, and linebackers, special teams, safties, running backs, recievers, and a swift kick in the nuts by Billy Gramatica.

USCHOThe USCHO board has many expressing their 1st amendment rights. Various people have posted the author's, picture, email, phone numbers, and address.

The 1st Amendment protects against gov't action, not against the angry mob that is going to make this idiots life hell for the next couple of months (assuming he lives that long).

I first saw it on the I-AA board, and of course all the UMass fans were getting alot of crap. It made my blood boil so bad I wanted to travel to Amherst and inflict bodily harm. If he thinks Pat Tillman is an idiot then all American servicemen who have ever went to war for this country are by his standards idiots. I know there's some lawyers on this board. When does one cross the line of free speech into treason?

I first saw it on the I-AA board, and of course all the UMass fans were getting alot of crap. It made my blood boil so bad I wanted to travel to Amherst and inflict bodily harm. If he thinks Pat Tillman is an idiot then all American servicemen who have ever went to war for this country are by his standards idiots. I know there's some lawyers on this board. When does one cross the line of free speech into treason?

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at an Holiday Inn express last night. ;)

Free speech is not absolute, but this was not even close to being anything criminal. Mr. Gonzalez is 100% protected by the 1st Amendment. Like I said before, people that constantly bring up the 1st Amendment (i.e. Dixie Chicks) do not understand exactly what is protecting them. They are protected from the government, but they are still responsible for their words with the general public. When radio stations refuse to play the Dixie Chicks for what they said, they are not infringing on the Dixie Chicks rights, they are exressing their own Constitutional right to play what they chose. Likewise when Mr. Gonzalez is beaten to a bloody pulp (I seriously hope he is), his 1st Amendment rights will not be violated (some other ones may be but that is another issue). :D

I would like to see how well that girl would have fared under the boot of one of those regimes. Her total viewpoint would have been censored over there. She should thank her lucky stars that she is allowed to be able to mouth off in such an over the top way. And we all know how she is given this freedom?? From the men and women who have died to defend this country.

Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at an Holiday Inn express last night. ;)

Free speech is not absolute, but this was not even close to being anything criminal. Mr. Gonzalez is 100% protected by the 1st Amendment. Like I said before, people that constantly bring up the 1st Amendment (i.e. Dixie Chicks) do not understand exactly what is protecting them. They are protected from the government, but they are still responsible for their words with the general public. When radio stations refuse to play the Dixie Chicks for what they said, they are not infringing on the Dixie Chicks rights, they are exressing their own Constitutional right to play what they chose. Likewise when Mr. Gonzalez is beaten to a bloody pulp (I seriously hope he is), his 1st Amendment rights will not be violated (some other ones may be but that is another issue). :D

Thanks, jloos. It seems like you always hear some of the conservative pundits (Sean Hannity in particular) bring up the word treason when liberals start spouting off about the war. While I don't necessarily agree that we should try these people for treason, I was just wondering what one has to do to be charged with treason. If what "Hanoi" Jane Fonda did in Vietnam is true, I would certainly think those actions would fall under the realm of treason.

However, in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico, Tillman would have been called a "pendejo," an idiot.

This was not "Ramon or Tyrone," who joined the military out of financial necessity, or to have a chance at education.

It sounds to me like Ms. Gonzales has an incredible chip on her shoulder. Maybe writing this nonsense helps her stand a little straighter.

...I was just wondering what one has to do to be charged with treason.

United States Constitution

Article III

Section 3 - Treason

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Only through careful and logical changing of the underlying conditions that allow for the ideology to foster will Al-Qaeda be defeated.

Oh yeah. The US should be more like the Danish. Look what working for "careful and logical" change "of the underlying conditions" got them.

But I don't recall the planes being flown into buildings in Copenhagen either.

She is actually a he. See the USCHO discussion - pages 4-6 USCHO for a picture, as well as his email addresses, phone number and home address.

This idiot appears to be getting a lot of attention, I have yet to hear anything sympathetic towards him. Sadly he will probably get on the national news in the next few days, hopefully just to get roasted. ;) Likely he'll end up getting a job at a newspaper in DC or NYC, even the star trib would be glad to take him. :D:angry:

My girlfriend's response to this article..

"Wellll.. he does serve a point"

:D

If her point was that there are idiots and morons among us too stupid to do what's necessary to protect the quality of life and freedoms they enjoy in this country, then I'd agree that Mr. Gonzales does "serve a point."

For those like Mr. Gonzalez who don't get it, this editorial explains why Pat Tillman and others are fighting for us.

Sunday, April 4, 2004

Up against fanaticism

By Phil Lucas

Executive Editor

The News Herald

Panama City, Florida

If straight talk of savagery offends you, if you believe in ethnic and gender diversity but not diversity of thought or if you think there is an acceptable gray area between good and evil, then turn to the funny pages, and take the children, too.

This piece is not for you.

We published pictures Thursday of burnt American corpses hanging from an Iraqi bridge behind a mob of grinning Muslims.

Some readers didn

My girlfriend's response to this article..

"Wellll.. he does serve a point"

:D

What point is that? This person has no point, just an ignorant and rascist article! Have you heard about how Tillman died? The second half of his platoon was ambushed and he died leading the first half in a counter attack. No one in the second section was killed or even wounded. Two men in the first half were wounded and Tillman was the only casualty. Tillman was awarded the Silver Star, I believe. If I ever see this Rene Gonzalez, he is going to regret it...