1. 1. Who will win this years cup

• Colorado
    • Detroit
    • San Jose
    • Tampa
    • Toronto
    • Philly
    • Other

It's too bad that people won't be watching this series on TV. It should be a good one.

I agree. Unfrotunately some people are more just fans of a team rather than being fans of the sport too.

Iginla is fun to watch. Calgary didn't play in Tampa during the regular season so it's great to have the chance to see them now at their best.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Unfrotunately some people are more just fans of a team rather than being fans of the sport too.

Iginla is fun to watch. Calgary didn't play in Tampa during the regular season so it's great to have the chance to see them now at their best.

I agree.

However, it is still disappointing to see the scrums after the whistle seeping into this series as well. Keep hitting and being physical, just do it while the puck is in play.

However, it is still disappointing to see the scrums after the whistle seeping into this series as well. Keep hitting and being physical, just do it while the puck is in play.

That is going to happen when you have a cheap team.

I thought it would be good for the WCHA to switch to the two-ref system. After watching the first period tonight, I have changed my mind. I think it would play out like it is here. If you are going to call a stupid penalty, then I am too. Oh yeah? Then I'm going to call a stupid penalty. :sad:

I thought it would be good for the WCHA to switch to the two-ref system. After watching the first period tonight, I have changed my mind. I think it would play out like it is here. If you are going to call a stupid penalty, then I am too. Oh yeah? Then I'm going to call a stupid penalty. :sad:

The WCHA doesn't need two refs calling penalties. Holly Cow some of the refs in this league spend all game calling chinchy penalties, I can't imagine one more ref with a wistle in his mouth calling every infraction on the ice. We would end up with 20-25 minors called every game.

MNS... I'll try not to let it happen again.  :lol:

Good :lol:

Basketball.Is that even a sport? :sad:

No, read my sig...that and it's for alleged rapists and goons with 8 kids by 9 baby mamas. :lol:

Tampa came out to play tonight and took it to Calgary I thought...this is shaping up to be a great series...dare I say 7 games.

Ruffian...only the NBA fixes games so a team can win (see: Lakers)

Calgary W (3-0 game, 2-1series)

was a good game.

I was only able to listen to the game not watch it today - but man, though I wasn't surprised to hear Iginla challenge Lecavalier, I was surprised that vince dropped the gloves :lol:

so my question: was the fight any good??? :sad:

Iginla didn't challenge Lecavalier. Lecavalier initiated that fight. It was a draw. Iginla did not kick ass at the end or at any time.

Lecavalier used to fight more often a few years ago so it wasn't a total surprise he dropped the gloves last night.

Judging by the past three games, Tampa is only showing up on alternate nights. If this trend continues, Calgary will win in 7 games. It is totally odd. Last night and game 1 Tampa looked like they weren't a playoff team at times. In Game 2, they looked sharp. It is interesting that they cannot gain consistency in their game against Calgary, though it says a lot about the quality of Calgary's defense.

BTW- Commy played a lot more in Game 3. He seemed to do good.

Hey #1siouxfan22 & Sweeny, I would love to see that also. Down here so far the stanley cup has shut all of those GATOR & NOLE Football fans who for one don't have a clue about hockey itself & two saying the football players are in better shap. Yeah right if you believe that have i got a deal for you. Some swamp land I would like to sell you. Let's face hockey is far better sport than football will ever be if you ask me. As for this series it's going seven & there are more fireworks yet to come. Oh yes before i forget they are broadcasting the remaining games on TV down here. That's a good thing because there are some folks who can't get tickets for the game so it's the next best thing. Not to mention the big screen TV's outside the foram on game day.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973

*ahem*

Game 4 1st period intermission report courtesy of Sweeny~:

asdfasdfasdf!!!!WTF!!!!!

/gasping for breath

Bolts up 1-0 but I think the flames are playing better. Tampa's last powerplay was just UGLY - flames had 2 good shorthanded scoring chances...TB is looking a bit sloppy and calgary - as usual - is looking intense. Its too bad about Commy's penalty...

And WOW, that knucklepuck at the end of the period??? I thought for a second it was in the net - Khalibuilen (sp?) bout gave bolt fans a collective heart attack...I tell ya...its a good thing I root for calgary because if that was Kipper I would have dropped over dead right there!!!!

2nd period: more of the same. GO FLAMES!!!!!!

3rd period: Its a rare game when I can say the team I like lost well. Calgary almost did it. Nieminin....I love ya...but....man. That penalty was killer. My first instinct on that play was OUCH. Then I saw Lecavalier get up a bit quick and I thought, hmmm. But then they showed shots of Vinny getting med treatment on the bench and it sure looked liked he was bleeding from the head pretty good, so I really think the play and the penalty was legit, as much as I hate it.

On a good note, this series is the best playoff final I have seen. Ever. Give me a few days to cool down and let the streams of adrenaline flowing in my blood recede a bit and I will be ready as ever for game 5 :sad:

If anybody would have told me that Richards goal in the first period was going to be the only score of the game I would have though you nuts. Well it was & let's agree "LIFE HAPPENS." Well as we speak my newphew is camp out at the Foram (please excuse my lousy spelling) for those $8.00 tickets. Grand you they are up there in the nose bleed section but it's not everyday you go to a Stanley Cup Final. I still believe that this series is going seven.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973