UMD vs. Denver

DMT

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5-0. But it still hurts.

I think the Sioux are 8-1-1 against both these teams...and yup, it still hurts. :sad:

I'm cheering the Dogs because of Sandy, plus the Denver media here drives me up the #$#%# wall.... you would think that DU is a perennial power the way they talk.

Cheap shot Dora takes a stupid penalty in the Duluth end, and Lessard restores the 2 goal lead; gotta love it.

Hache let them play more that period, but Denver has also stopped holding and tackling. I would have loved several first periods in the WCHA to have been called that way this year.

A.B.T.G.,

I'm going to quote my Italian grandfather here when I tell you to "shut your canole hole!" and quit crying! UND lost a one-game playoff. It's as simple as that. Regular season, WCHA Final Five, blah blah blah. None of that matters in a one-game series. I believe Herb Brooks said it best when he told the 1980 USA kids that the Soviets might beat them 9 times out of 10...but you just never know about that 10th game.

My hats off to Denver regardless of what happens today. My issue isn't with why or how they beat North Dakota, it's how UND suddenly has developed the choker reputation.

Since 1997, UND is 2-4 in WCHA playoff championship games.

1998 NCAA playoffs: 0-1

1999 NCAA playoffs: 0-1

2003 NCAA playoffs: 0-1

2004 NCAA playoffs: 1-1

And maybe it's just me, but this year's loss to DU was eerily similar to the 1999 BC game. You could see the panic on the players' and Dean's face from the middle of the first period on to the end. I think Dean is more comfortable with the "unexpected" teams (like 1997 or 2000) than he is with coaching teams with expectations of nothing less than the national title.

That's all I have for now.

:sad:

How about that? Denver sucks, Denver shouldn't be there, North Dakota's better...sounds like they're giving UMD a tussle.

By the way, I am pulling for UMD, but I wanted Denver to show me why they belonged in the Frozen Four. It would appear that they are.

:sad:

How about that? Denver sucks, Denver shouldn't be there, North Dakota's better...sounds like they're giving UMD a tussle.

By the way, I am pulling for UMD, but I wanted Denver to show me why they belonged in the Frozen Four. It would appear that they are.

I don't get your point since at no time did Denver outplay UND during that game they way the are outplaying UMD today...

I really can't judge how they're "outplaying" UMD on the basis of some posts on a message board. I did watch the UND/DU game and personally, I don't think UND "dominated" that game at all.

But since we're going to comment about DU's play today, I believe an earlier poster stated that DU looked like they were happy just to get to the Frozen Four. It would appear now they are not.