SiouxSports.com Forum

Strength and conditioning coach

MrMcnoingam69

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

If you're talking the RFR OL Mortel has put on 40lbs already. The older guys seem to have decent size, all around or over 300. I don't know if their lack of push in technique or strength. Toivonen, Mercer, and Stanley are all pretty big WRs. Wanzek put on 20 lbs and still looks skinny as hell. He'll probably put on another 30 before he's done here. Izzy, tr fr. 

Mortel is very dedicated to doing everything he can to help the football team including gaining size and strength.  There are many guys on this team that have put on less than 10 pounds of muscle mass in over a year(some of them over 2-3 years) in the program.  i understand guys all have different body types and some it is easier than others, but I question alot of guys commitment.

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our current 2 deep doesn't exactly pass it

Hahaha.......no they sure don't but I even go back a couple years at the Fargodome UND looked significantly "smaller" than NDSU when both teams hit the field.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hahaha.......no they sure don't but I even go back a couple years at the Fargodome UND looked significantly "smaller" than NDSU when both teams hit the field.

To be fair we had a really young team that year. Just about as young as our current 2 deep. NDSU does have a pretty big team though too so the comparison made it look even worse.

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Mortel is very dedicated to doing everything he can to help the football team including gaining size and strength.  There are many guys on this team that have put on less than 10 pounds of muscle mass in over a year(some of them over 2-3 years) in the program.  i understand guys all have different body types and some it is easier than others, but I question alot of guys commitment.

Me too. The numbers don't lie.