SiouxSports.com Forum

Confirmed Early Departures From Other Programs

dagies

I did not just read those last two posts....

phoenixin05...what exaclty was Parise's "end of the bargin?" :D

#1siouxfan22...students can dropout of school anytime they want. Why should student-athletes be any different? ;)

When did SS turn into USCHO?

good question MNS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the scholarship should be like a contract. the player should stay for the full 4 years unless the school doesnt want the player any more.

That is a ridiculous position to take. If schools like UND had that attitude, they would not come to UND. If the NCAA took that position, you would not see players of Parise's caliber playing college hockey, but rather, would play Major Juniors or go directly to the pros. Players leaving early is a fact of life--get over it. The fact that UND gets the players who leave early is a testament to its program--kids will go where they have the best chance to make it to the next level.

I heard on the Big Dogs this morning that Grand Forks rated second in the nation in binge drinking. Maybe it was a April fools joke, maybe not! Most of the towns on the list were in the upper midwest and were college towns...

Yeah GF would have been number 1, but I moved to San Antonio...and woah, looks who was number 1!!!

Someone on USCHO put up a link to the thread there when Pineault committed. There are some classic Chris!!! posts there. These are the best:

"If BC gets that Hennesey kid from Milton Academy, they may as well just give us the National Championship Trophy from 2004-2007. Damn, it's nice to be a BC Eagle these days!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Can you picture BC's top 2 lines in 2002:

Vanek/Spina/Hennessey

Parise/Pat Eaves/Pineault

Holy Schnikes!!!!!!!!!!"

Ahh, the bad old days.

A while back young phenom Kobasew went to BC and bailed after one year.

Now a young phenom Pineault goes to BC for a year and bails.

This fall young phenom Dan Bertram goes to BC.

I wonder if BC will do for Bertram everything it did for the other two.