SiouxSports.com Forum

Final thoughts on final five

01grad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to reply in the cheer team's defense. First off, they are not allowed by university rules to stunt or lift each other off the ice and twirl as you call it. Second of all, they did not have a coach or any sort of direction helping them out during the final five, which means they were limited to the types of things they could do on and off the ice. Third off, the band was not at the final five, making it difficult for the cheerleaders to dance/chant/ or cheer throughout the game. They had to work around the gopher band and sit on stairs surrounded by gopher fans. If you ask me they do a pretty fine job, considering the recognition, support, and praise they recieve from fans.  These girls work hard, lift weights, practice three times a week- sometimes until 11:30pm. Give them some credit for what they do!

I hope following the thread you've noticed that 90% have been supportive of the cheer team's efforts. I know the cheer team probably isn't as accustomed to being publicly criticized/disliked as some of the more publicized sports teams might be, but I would advise not taking it personally; it comes with being in the public eye.

Anyway, I remember the early 90s, UND didn't even have skating cheerleaders. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the time they spent hanging out in the aisle next to me, but it's great to have them back on the ice!

Let's see if I can drum up some additional love -- check out the new cheer team website:

http://www.UND.edu/org/undcheer/

Yeah. Breezer, BLizzard, the white bear on skates.

I feel bad for the person whose job it is to be Breezer. I guess a buck is a buck, but you couldn't pay me enough to do that.

There is a difference...a Blizzard is a delicious treat from Dairy Queen...Breezer is well...a fake bear :lol:

Once again...Final Five...FUN!! WPoS will get owned next time we meet in BeerDarts ;)

Indeed the Loon used to be a crazy mascot in the 80s. He even did appearances at North Star games and the like.

The Loon has been declining since then and the last blow was when he squirted Gopher fans with a Super Soaker and got beat up. He hasn't done anything fun since then.

The Loon is my buddy!!! Don't rip on him. The University has serious rules now about what he can and can't do...especailly regarding fan interaction.

There are like 3 different guys who do the "Champ" job, but only ONE LOON!!!

:lol:

Best goals of the tourney had to be Bochenski's undressing of the Gopher defender shorthanded (slight bias :lol: )

That "undressing" was against Hobey candidate, Keith Ballard. If you watch the game film, it wasn't an undressing at all. Ballard simply lost his feet on his backskates. ;) Give credit to Bochenski's move, however. Briggs made a good save attempt, but the shot was better...dang, what ever happened to the classic goaltender deck? You just never see it any more.

That "undressing" was against Hobey candidate, Keith Ballard. If you watch the game film, it wasn't an undressing at all. Ballard simply lost his feet on his backskates. ;)

I watched the video replay several times. Looks to me like Ballard knew he was badly beat by Bochenski and dipped into his repertoire of moves learned at the Thomas Vanek School of Academy Award Winning Dives. :lol:;)

I watched the video replay several times. Looks to me like Ballard knew he was badly beat by Bochenski and dipped into his repertoire of moves learned at the Thomas Vanek School of Academy Award Winning Dives. ;);)

Actually Keith is a visual learner, he had learned from Greene earlier in the period :

1. How to assist T. Vanek in tying the score 3-3. :lol:

2. How to look absolutely foolish when T. Vanek schools him with his patented "between the legs" move. Only a good save from Brandt pulled his burned tale out of the fire. ;)

Actually Keith is a visual learner, he had learned from Greene earlier in the period :

1. How to assist T. Vanek in tying the score 3-3. :lol:

2. How to look absolutely foolish when T. Vanek schools him with his patented "between the legs" move. Only a good save from Brandt pulled his burned tale out of the fire. ;)

It was certainly a game that Greene probably wants to forget. But if it means he sticks around for another year, we'll just have to live with it. ;);)

It was certainly a game that Greene probably wants to forget. But if it means he sticks around for another year, we'll just have to live with it. ;);)

The best defensemen make errors, sometimes costly ones. I'm sure Greene will forget it and play solid hockey. On the plus side Greene coming back (if he decides to) may influence Thomas to return too! ;)

Does anybody else's week seem boring until they drop the puck!

If you look closely you will see Bochenski putting the blade of his stick right behind Ballards knee, which then trips him. Not so great of a move, luck.

I watched the play over and over and have not seen that. I just don't want to go there. A great gaol by Bochenski, nuff said.

If you look closely you will see Bochenski putting the blade of his stick right behind Ballards knee, which then trips him. Not so great of a move, luck.

Stop making excuses. That's our job, remember? :lol: