SiouxSports.com Forum

Selection Show Great News

nodakvindy

He may be good with the color commentary, but seems to really only know the east schools.

Definitely.

I was incorrect earlier. I said he was a BC homer. I'm wrong. He's a Maine homer. My bad.

He also has a soft spot for Holy Cross, of all places.

Like I said, if Frank Mazzocco knew hockey better and was from out east, you'd have this guy in a nutshell. Now that I've said this, let's hope the game calling he does proves me wrong.

Sean M. does the play-by-play for many of the Red Sox games out here. He's good, but has a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor, and a sort of monotone delivery. I also certainly don't think of him as a hockey guy and can see him fumbling around with the WCHA players' names (he doesn't really regularly cover any college hockey games out east, either -- but, will have an east coast bias, I imagine).

I liked Brian Engbloom when he covered the 2001 Frozen Four. No eastern bias there (he went to Wisconsin, right?). You could tell he was thrilled when North Dakota tied up the game against BC.

Bob Norton regularly covers the UNH hockey games (if he was the larger, older, bald guy).

Definitely.

I was incorrect earlier. I said he was a BC homer. I'm wrong. He's a Maine homer. My bad.

He also has a soft spot for Holy Cross, of all places.

Like I said, if Frank Mazzocco knew hockey better and was from out east, you'd have this guy in a nutshell. Now that I've said this, let's hope the game calling he does proves me wrong.

Everybody except Sioux fans will have a soft spot for Holy Cross come Friday 6:30.

Holy Cross is gonna need some divine intervention to keep this game close. Anyone know if they have a skating nun or priest as their mascot?

The west regional playing times are kinda weird: UND & HC play at 5:30 pm MST & Denver & Miami play at 9:00 pm MST. As far as I know, Colorado Springs is MST & 9:00 pm is rather late to be playing a game.

In case anyone wants to know:

Holy Cross is located in Massachusetts and is known as the Crusaders. Their color is Royal Purple. The Purple Crusaders. What's with the crappy conferences' dominant school color being purple? (Niagara, Holy Cross, Canisius)

Good grief. Their coaching staff is ripe for taunting. Assistant Coaches are Terence Butt, Brian Akashian, and John Binkoski. And Regan is their AD. Our student section seats more than their entire arena. But their enrollment is 2700, so it's pretty close as far as per school population.

The cool thing (I guess) about them is that their head coach is relatively young, having graduated from Holy Cross in 1989. I'm always for youthful head coaches provided they can do the job. Pearl is, seemingly, the real deal for HC.