SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Seedings

PCM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a chat went on with one of the committee selection members.

Erik (Lauderdale, MN): Does the committee, or the NCAA at large, have any interest in using the KRACH method rather than RPI to do the initial ranking of teams?

Ron Grahame: The hockey committee is very aware of several systems to rank the teams. It would need to be addressed in the summer annual meetings and everything is under consideration. If there's a better way to do things, the committee is open to changing the system.

Slightly off topic, but I think we should hunt down the guy who came up with KRACH and see if he can be persuaded to change the name to something more acceptable to old ladies, small children, and uptight geezers (read NCAA officials). I like Best Ranking and Overall Opponent Comparison System (pronounced Brooks with a nod to Herb). Then the NCAA could use the feel good idea of having something that reminds the Hockey world of a legendary coach while actually being a fair and balanced system.

my $.02

Denver Lands Favorable Draw

I love this quote from an article in today's Denver Post... Apparantly we is slow.....

Denver is 0-3-1 against North Dakota this season and was outscored by a combined 21-6. But all four games were on the slimmer NHL-size rinks, where strength often negates speed. The Sioux have four 215-plus-pound defensemen.

First, don't overlook Holy Cross. Second, Denver may not get past Miami. Third...hang this on the BB in the Sioux locker room....

Based on this story in today's Duluth News Tribune, it appears that Junior Lessard is the Bulldog player with the most serious injury problem. Has anyone heard exactly what Lessard did to his leg?

I think he "tweaked" his knee as they were saying on the UMD broadcast. Since the only way they can say exactly what it is if it comes from Junior, all they can do is specualte.

Got checked at a wrong angle. One of those fluke things.

Denver is 0-3-1 against North Dakota this season and was outscored by a combined 21-6. But all four games were on the slimmer NHL-size rinks, where strength often negates speed. The Sioux have four 215-plus-pound defensemen.

The funniest thing about this quote is that it implies that we don't have speed :D

I see Miami-Ohio beating Denver in the first round, unless Berkhoel stands on his head, which is a distinct possibility. With Connor James out, I don't really like DU's chances.

It appeared that Lessard hit the boards funny, didn't put a lot of pressure on his (left?) leg while coming off the ice. He was sitting on the bench in the third on Saturday, but didn't play.

I think he "tweaked" his knee as they were saying on the UMD broadcast. Since the only way they can say exactly what it is if it comes from Junior, all they can do is specualte.

Got checked at a wrong angle. One of those fluke things.

This sounds very familiar to Zach's minor knee injury at the beginning of the year which happened (I think) right before the B.C. series. If I remember correctly, I don't think he missed any games but he was slowed down a little in the B.C. series & for a few weeks after that. I hope you guys are fully recovered or dang near by next weekend & make the FF. I'll always be a rabid Sioux fan & will be very upset if they don't go all the way this year; but you guys have been waiting too long & would be my 2nd choice.

This sounds very familiar to Zach's minor knee injury at the beginning of the year which happened (I think) right before the B.C. series.

I saw Zach get injured and I saw Junior get injured. Junior's injury appears more serious.

I saw Zach get injured and I saw Junior get injured. Junior's injury appears more serious.

I won't argue with a trained medical eye :D Would be a big blow, indeed.

Does anyone know how many players each team can bring to the regionals & Final Four? I was wondering if the Sioux could bring all their players or if they could bring only a certain #.

I see Miami-Ohio beating Denver in the first round, unless Berkhoel stands on his head, which is a distinct possibility. With Connor James out, I don't really like DU's chances.

I don't think Miami will beat DU, they looked absolutely abysmal on the big sheet at Mariucci. I wouldn't worry though, I'll be surprised if UND doesn't win by three in both games.

One more thing I noticed in that Denver Post article. Apparantly, Greg Keith from DU is hopeful for CC fan support in The Springs...but I think Caldwell is more realistic...

DU captain Ryan Caldwell isn't counting on it. CC fans presumably have purchased most of the 6,000 tickets sold. Capacity is 7,600, and Denver gets an allotment of only 400.

"I think it will be as bad for us as any time we've played down there," Caldwell said. "But we still like where we're going."

I think the CC fans will back the Sioux.... they HATE DU with the deep all encompassing hatred that raged through Darth Vader during his badguy days. If we can keep that consuming hatred of DU flowing, they can spend their time cheering the mighty Sioux. That'll be nothing but good for the Sioux! ;)