SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Seedings

PCM

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at you guys - hoping that someone knocks off the Gophers so they don't end your season. Have a little faith in your squad, will ya? ;)

You are correct Jordan.

Minnesota could face UND in the Frozen Four Semi's if both teams advance. Could be a repeat of what just happened this weekend for the Gophers (after Notre Dame).

First tUMD and then UND for a shot at three straight. I wouldn't want it any other way! :D

Gophers got by far the toughest region. I hope Duluth is back to full strenght. Heard that Lessard was hurt in the AA game. Wisconsin has to like their draw. Sioux will likely face a pro DU crowd should the two met on Saturday.

My guess is that JPar plays Friday and Brandt on Saturday. Anyone know if Sioux get early or late game on Friday?

it says on espn that sioux play the 5:30 game because denver will get the late game at (home) just like the final five with minn.. can't wait to get out their from AZ got some glass seats and am pumped!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna also thank Jerry York for dispensing with all the annoying suspense with regard to the Hobey and the ten finalists. He stated in no uncertain terms that Ben Eaves is the best player in college hockey.

Did you have the closed captioning on or can you speak Elmer Fudish? I can't understand a damn thing that comes out of his mouth.

I wanna also thank Jerry York for dispensing with all the annoying suspense with regard to the Hobey and the ten finalists. He stated in no uncertain terms that Ben Eaves is the best player in college hockey.

Right... I caught that as well. Guys like that will never wake up. The WCHA (Hockey West) plays a superior brand of hockey than the boys on the east, but we never get the credit for it. That's okay.... The WCHA will just keep piling up the hardware while the boys on the east talk about how great they are.

I would hate to see anybody but the Sioux win the national title, but I'd rather have anybody from the WCHA (yep, even the Goph's) win it than an eastern team.

Right... I caught that as well. Guys like that will never wake up. The WCHA (Hockey West) plays a superior brand of hockey than the boys on the east, but we never get the credit for it. That's okay.... The WCHA will just keep piling up the hardware while the boys on the east talk about how great they are.

I would hate to see anybody but the Sioux win the national title, but I'd rather have anybody from the WCHA (yep, even the Goph's) win it than an eastern team.

I totally agree.

I'll tell you: The best moments in NCAA hockey came in 2000 just after the game when Jack Edwards had to think fast to find things to say after BC lost. The other time was Minny beating UNH so soundly that the commentators almost sounded depressed.

I DON'T want to see a threepeat, but I'd rather see that then Bob Norton saying "I told you Maine would win!"

Did you have the closed captioning on or can you speak Elmer Fudish? I can't understand a damn thing that comes out of his mouth.

Jerry Fudd:

Ben Eaves is the best pwayew in cowwege hockey, baw none. OH,my gosh; in my haste to say that I fowgot to put a pwug in on nationaw TV fow ouw onwy Hobey Bakew finawist, Tony Voce. Ah, Shucks

I think he meant to say that Ben Eaves is the best China doll in college hockey. :D

Look at you guys - hoping that someone knocks off the Gophers so they don't end your season. Have a little faith in your squad, will ya? :D

From a story about Grant Potulny in today's Grand Forks Herald:

Though Potulny cherishes playing against his former teammates and friends, he has a quick answer when he was asked if he wanted to play the Sioux again this year.

"I'd rather not," he said.

This is what I wanted baby! Sioux are going to the finals! I don't see the Sioux not making it to the finals. I hope Sioux meet the Gophers in the Frozen Four because they will not lose. They can't lose if they make it that far. It's going to be a great tournament and I think the Sioux have a great shot at a title. We'll see how is all unfolds.

We'll see you punk Gophers in the Frozen Four!

I really, really like UND's road to the Frozen Four! They get to play the worst team that made it into the NCAA's, then they get a game against either a team that is basically at home, but isn't even close to the talent as UND. Plus with Conner James out, UND should be heavy favorites.

My Predictions:

UND 8 Holy Cross 0

Denver 4 Miami 3

UND 5 Denver 2

GO SIOUX!

I really, really like UND's road to the Frozen Four! They get to play the worst team that made it into the NCAA's, then they get a game against either a team that is basically at home, but isn't even close to the talent as UND. Plus with Conner James out, UND should be heavy favorites.

My Predictions:

UND 8 Holy Cross 0

Denver 4 Miami 3

UND 5 Denver 2

GO SIOUX!

I think UND "skates" to the Frozen Four. We were given the easiest path I believe. Is Conner James out for sure?

If the Sioux & Gophers make it to Boston, we would play them in the semifinals.

I could be wrong, but if there is a lower seed coming out of the East, there would be a chance that the Sioux and Gophers would meet in the Final? I thought that they would reseed at the Frozen Four??

If so, it would be the first time since 1979. Detroit. Wouldn't that be fun?

In fairness to the Dogs, I just hope that they get their wounded reasonably healthy for the tourney.

It would be like us having Zach or Bo, Brady, and Matt out of the lineup.

That would send any fan base into the doldrums.

I could be wrong, but if there is a lower seed coming out of the East, there would be a chance that the Sioux and Gophers would meet in the Final? I thought that they would reseed at the Frozen Four??

If so, it would be the first time since 1979. Detroit. Wouldn't that be fun?

In fairness to the Dogs, I just hope that they get their wounded reasonably healthy for the tourney.

It would be like us having Zach or Bo, Brady, and Matt out of the lineup.

That would send any fan base into the doldrums.

No reseeding.