SiouxSports.com Forum

Bulldogs vs. Gophers / Part V

Fighting Sioux #1

Who will be playing in the Championship Game???  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be playing in the Championship Game???

• Bulldogs
    • Goofers

It's tough to decide, I want each team to win for different reasons.

Gophers

A Sioux/Gopher final would have an outstanding atmosphere! This actually might be the reason why I secretly cheer for the Gophers, I want an electric atmosphere Saturday night!

Bulldogs

I don't mind them as much, plus if they win then they get the #1 seed. Basically, it probably won't matter, because my money would be on them playing to get into the Frozen Four.

P.S. When I hear them do M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A for the first time, all my support will go towards the Bulldogs......that is the most annoying chant EVER!

either team for once:

WIN or LOSE, WE BOOZE! :angry:

But I gotta pick the Gophers ina tight game.

Gophers

+ doing well after sweeping JBSU

+ unusual players are starting to produce

+ Key players are doing very well

+ Ice more conducive to Gopher style of play

+ "home" advantage, small but tangible

- goaltending still a bit shaky

- coughing up the puck consistently 3-4 times a game right in front of the net

UMD

+ strong team

+ high scoring team

+ great goalie

- down 3 (I think) players

- dropped a game to MSU, WHY? This is the big question, do they have the depth to continue?

- larger ice

WPoS

As painful as it would be to watch, if the Bulldogs play the way they played against Mankato, the Gophers will run right over them. It might actually be funny to watch, if the Gophers come into the championship with a big head and we dominate them the way we are capable of.

First things first, though, bring on CC (or AA) I don't know.

*AT LEAST I CAN WATCH THAT GAME!!

I see MN, UND, CC and AA trending up coming into the tournament and UMD trending down.

For that reason I think MN takes the Friday night game though my support is behind UMD.

CC beats AA.

Sioux beat CC.

I'm a toss-up between the Sioux and UM for the Final.

But my heart says Sioux.

UMD takes 3rd.

Sioux fans...we need your help in stemming the maroon and gold tide inside the X!!

Shooting for the Dogs....UM didn't prove much last week beating a horribly slumping SCSU team. SCSU hasn't put a solid weekend series together since November. Not to mentioned UM hasn't proven they can beat UMD ...a team which the Sioux have dominated all season....UMD rolls...

Sioux/Dog Final..

No, UM didn't prove much when it beat SCSU but they did beat them handily. I know it doesn't prove much but when the Sioux handled Mankato after hitting the skids against WI I felt a LOT more confident about our team.

Sometimes it's not who you beat, it's how you beat them.

We'll see who the best teams are this weekend but I think MN has put their late season skid behind them.

I am hoping for a Dogz win. I would never cheer for the Goofies, I don't care what the circumstance. Does anyone know if Brosz is playing for UMD or is he still out? The last thing I want is for the Goofies to get a # 1 seed. I am confident this is our year.

I am hoping for a Dogz win. I would never cheer for the Goofies, I don't care what the circumstance. Does anyone know if Brosz is playing for UMD or is he still out? The last thing I want is for the Goofies to get a # 1 seed. I am confident this is our year.

I guess I am more PRO-WCHA than anti any team within it. In the NCAA I will be cheering for all WCHA teams, I want everyone to know how dominant our conference is. If Minny doesn't win it, I hope UMD does, and then UND and even the Red Menace. Don't get me wrong, I love the rivalry's and will obnoxiously cheer for my team, but IMO when we cheer against each other it's taking it too far.

While you are in the minority because most Goofer fans would not cheer for UND under any circumstance either.

If I cheer for UND it really depends on whom they are playing (if playing WCHA)...and how well I am treated here! :angry:

WPoS

Brosz is still out, and Hambly is doubtful. :angry::lol::)

Doesn't help tUMD's chances at all....

Sounds like the gophers may have their best player of the past two seasons if the bull dogs injuries keep them shorthanded. This is shaping up like a typical Gophers opponent in the playoffs. The last two years, the team they are playing seems to have a major injury right before they meet. Facts are facts. Get healthy dawgs, you deserve it!