SiouxSports.com Forum

Bomardir traded to Nashville

johndahl

How crazy is this? ;)

I just went to the game against LA last night. Great seats. 15 row up from behind the home goalie. I wore my Sioux jersey and told everyone that I was cheering for Bomber.

Oh well, at least Bomber gets to make a playoff run again. Plus Greg Johnson is still there. Looks like I'm a Nashville fan. :D

BTW, the Staples Center is nice on the outside. Nothing on the inside. Very disappointed in the arena.

You see this in baseball at times. They are free agents this summer. What's the chance they might be back?

No offense, Wild fans, but if I were Brad, I'd go anywhere that would put their belief in me that I had a fighting chance.

Roloson, the Caps, The Penguins, and the Hurricanes are the only 4 reasons the Wild aren't in the basement of the NHL this year. As for their division, don't care.

Draft picks are something, but what is scary is all the high draft picks the Capitols have now. Drew, if you are out there, DON'T OPT IN. I'd hate to see any current Sioux players in a Caps or Penguins jersey. I feel bad for Schneider.

Interestingly enough, the Rangers are trading away everyone too. Too bad they'll probably still squander everything in the off season. Sather needs to go. In fact, fire everyone from President all the way down to jock strap washer and start over again. Hire Quennville as Head Coach, the GM from Vancouver to be the Rangers GM, make Melrose an Assistant Coach ( so we can get rid of him on ESPN), and look 5 years down the road at getting back to the playoffs.

The Wild can't be rebuilding already. Stock piling draft picks is not what they need. They have good young players already. They need some big free agent signings. The Wild are one of the teams that make the most money in the NHL, yet spend very little. If I was a season ticket holder, I'd begin to think I'm being taken advantage of. Even the Cubs are signing free agents now.

As for Schneider being with the Penguins; I like it. He'll have a much better chance to make and stay in the NHL. Too bad Panzer or Goehring or Bayda weren't in the Penguins system. Losing sucks, but once your in and make a name for yourself, you can always sign somewhere else.

Instead of getting rid of Bomber and Zholtov, they should get rid of Gaborik for some experienced players who can show up each night. Marian's been a no-show since he returned from his sit-out tantrum last fall. Moreover, the Wild should probably look for players who can play Lemaire's "offense". Gaborik, Park and Dupuis are not geared to play neutral zone trap, snooze and hope not to lose, schemes.

Minnesota Wild: It's not hockey, it's a marketing concept. :D

I was looking at all the trades on ESPN and I find it very interesting that the Wild have only been getting draft picks. Looks like 3 or 4 more for this summer alone. If the players get locked out will the drafts go on? I'm sure this years draft will happen since it's before the next season/lockout. But if this thing drags out 18 months like everyone is planning, what about the next draft?