SiouxSports.com Forum

Nick Fuher

PHE

Hats off to Nick Fuher for a great weekend of hockey in Duluth. Friday night he was the Duluth Tribune (?) player of the game. He doesn't get the media attention of some of his cohorts on the blue line but he has quietly put together a very solid season. Plus, he's turned into Bobby Orr...eight goals, seventh best on the team.

Side Note: my two sons and I went to Friday night's game. Unfortunately we had single seats and we were scattered in three different sections. Needless to say I was a little worried about them being alone in enemy territory. After the game I asked my oldest how it went and he smiled and said he was in a group of Sioux fans..."really nice people", he said. Turns out he was sitting with the Fuher family. He spent the whole game sitting next to Grandma Fuher! Of all the places for a kid Sioux fan to end up sitting was there a better place than next to the grandma of one of the players? If there are any Fuher family members who read this board I'd like to say thanks for making my son feel at home. (Any chance he can go with you to Boston in April?) :p

Nick called tonight and said we needed to check the message board, so we did. After reading this comment we had to call Grandma and share it with her, and then get registered to reply. Nick's Grandmother was very pleased, and commented on the nice young man who sat next to her - a true Sioux Fan! It was Nick's uncle who wanted a bite out of the ice cream cone as we passed it down to your son!! Well, if the boys get to Boston, and I am betting they will, your son would be a welcome companion - Like Nick said when he was young - how can you go wrong when your mom is a teacher and your dad is a probation officer! Thanks for the comments and the thoughts............ John & Marilyn

Nick called tonight and said we needed to check the message board

Ha! We knew they read the boards... :lol:

Fuher has played unbelievably well this year. He's got a great shot from the point (Ray Bourquesque?), and handles the puck pretty well. While I didn't see it live :p , that OT winner against Denver last year was as great a shot as I have seen.

While I didn't see it live :p , that OT winner against Denver last year was as great a shot as I have seen.

That game was the best game that I have seen in the New Ralph. That place was rocking for the entire overtime until Nick scored the winner. Then it got crazier. Everyone remained standing and cheering until well after the team left the ice, it was an amazing sight to see. THAT'S how hockey games should be at the Ralph!! :lol:

Nick called tonight and said we needed to check the message board, so we did.  After reading this comment we had to call Grandma and share it with her, and then get registered to reply.  Nick's Grandmother was very pleased, and commented on the nice young man who sat next to her - a true Sioux Fan!  It was Nick's uncle who wanted a bite out of the ice cream cone as we passed it down to your son!! Well, if the boys get to Boston, and I am betting they will, your son would be a welcome companion - Like Nick said when he was young - how can you go wrong when your mom is a teacher and your dad is a probation officer!  Thanks for the comments and the thoughts............  John & Marilyn

Fuher Family,

I'm glad that my message got back to you. My son can't get over how "cool" it was to sit with the family of one of the players. I'm certain that #8 is now his favorite player.

Kudos to Nick for a terrific season thus far. If I remember his bio correctly he's been true student-athlete, having been an honor student in high school and all-academic at UND. I'd bet that Coach Blais would consider Nick to be a great example of what he wants his program to represent.

Thanks again.

Great series for Nick! Congrats. Here's to more great times ahead for Nick and Family.

I'd bet that Coach Blais would consider Nick to be a great example of what he wants his program to represent.

While as long as there is also a Travis Roche or 2 around... ???

I liked this thread so much that I posted a link to it on USCHO last night. The SiouxSports.com server took so many hits that it knocked it off-line for 45 min or so. Sorry 'bout that. ??? I just think it is something that makes college hockey special and I wanted to share it with people that would never be on this board and have a chance to read it. :D