SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-2) vs MSU (2-2)

SWSiouxMN

7 minutes ago, the green team said:

You implied that we don't run an offense. "Finally found a team that runs less of an offense than we do"   From what I've seen this year, I don't view that to be the case.  I thought last night was a good example of that, as well as the last couple of games, which includes the loss to Idaho.  I freely admit that I am no basketball expert.  I just like going to games and watching.  I basically on a rare occasion  share  what I observe. Now that's not to say what I observe and what others observe will be the same.  But anytime someone retorts "don't tell me about the concepts of basketball"  which basically means "I know a lot about basketball-- wayyyy more than you",  which I always find to be a funny claim by any poster, because this an anonymous forum, maybe a person does, or maybe a person doesn't.  It's fine if you do know more by the way, you most likely do... but is it ok if I still attend games tho?

You claimed what you were saying was a novel concept to me.  Is what it is.

Doesn't take an expert to watch a BB game and see what's going on.  I too report what I see and last night looked very good on UNDs end.  Very entertaining game.

We'll have to just watch this team the rest of the season and see how things shake out. They have looked much, much better in conference play up to this point. Montana will pose a pretty stiff test on Saturday. I'll be there. Hockey tonight, Men's Basketball Saturday afternoon and Hockey Saturday night. Another sports-filled weekend in Grand Forks!

2 hours ago, niouxsiouxfan said:

For those of us not in the know, like me, can you explain the reference?

It's a reference to a saying that Tim Hennesey (TH) uses on radio broadcasts when describing a fake or dangle during play. He will say something like "He gave the defenseman a little bit of the old 'How's she going' and went right by him". It is sometimes accompanied by a chuckle or laugh. It usually means the player made the defenseman look silly or foolish.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

It's a reference to a saying that Tim Hennesey (TH) uses on radio broadcasts when describing a fake or dangle during play. He will say something like "He gave the defenseman a little bit of the old 'How's she going' and went right by him". It is sometimes accompanied by a chuckle or laugh. It usually means the player made the defenseman look silly or foolish.