SiouxSports.com Forum

Most Valuable Senior Player

hockey_heaven83

Who wins MVP when it comes to the SUPER seniors??  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins MVP when it comes to the SUPER seniors??

• Ryan Hale
    • Tyler Palmiscno
    • David Lundbohm

That is pretty obvious, Lundbohm. The other two are pretty much non-factors, Palmo more so than Hale. IMO Hale has had a disappointing season. I realize he is not a goal scorer but I just don't see him do much out there besides the occasional good check.

One thing I have never thought about Hale is that he doesn't care when he's on the ice. I think he just seems unable to finish. He could have had 10 more goals last year, and a few this year, but for seem reason the puck always bounces over his stick.

Hale. Palmo and Lundbohm are great guys, and fine players.

However, it was Hale who was willing to face off with John Scott of Michigan Tech last month. That stand sent a solid message to his teammates, and to any other goons in the league.

Any guy who is willing to take major stitches for his teammates is the mvp of the senior class in my book. Besides, we can only speculate as to his senior leadership, as captain, off the ice. I have seen, only tangentially, the team while together as a team on the road. They are a class act. That class comes from the senior leadership on down.

Hale is captain and class of that show.

Hale. By a stretch.

I chose David because of his stickhandling and goal scoring abilities.

However, I agree with jk and Fighting Sioux Fan. Ryan is a team player who plays hard and cares every shift he's on. However, he is, IMO, a purely defensive forward. He's got great size and can push it around. He's fearless and has tons of character. I didn't think much of him last year, but I really think I am beginning to see where he comes into his own this year. Too bad it took until his senior year for me to realize it. :)

I think it's fairly obvious that David Lundbohm is your all around most valuable player. He just produces more than the others. Palmo on the other hand doesn't really get much of a chance, however, I do feel that when he is on the ice he plays harder than many because he has such a limited time to prove himself. Hale seems to have struggled a lot with knowing his place on the team as he's been switched back and forth from a forward to a defensemen. I think this shows in his attitude on the ice.