SiouxSports.com Forum

Interesting decisions by big Div 1 schools

legend334

Interesting decision by a entire Division 1 conference, that no school in their conference can play any Div. 1 school that isnt all Div. 1....that means none of these schools will play NDSU.....another scheduling difficulty.....NDSU....you have just become the UMC of Div. 1........good job.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting decision by a entire Division 1 conference, that no school in their conference can play any Div. 1 school that isnt all Div. 1....that means none of these schools will play NDSU.....another scheduling difficulty.....NDSU....you have just become the UMC of Div. 1........good job.....

Do you have a link to the article? NDSU will be Division I in all sports. The A's on the end represent the level of football at the Division I level. Creighton would be DI-AAA, because they have no football.

it was in the Herald yesterday...no...Div 1AA in football would not allow any of these teams from i belive its the mid con...to play any team with D 1AA football...i will look on GFherald.com...but that is what it stated....

This must be why all the teams in the mid con that have football are D1AA. This is also probably why they are agreeing to manage our new D1AA conference.

Brillient.

Not sure what D1-AA is or any what any classless U is. Fargo College has not classes, they closed their doors in the early 1900's

The I-AA North Dakota State Bison are joining former NCC members SDSU, UNC plus UC-Davis, Cal-Poly, Southern Utah and St Mary's in a soon to be named Western Conference.

" ... in a soon to be named, football-only, the rest of NDSU Athletics are scrounging for games and looking at long, if any, bus trips, Western Conference."

I thought it would be tranparent in a football thread that it was a football conference. Most of the games will be by flight.

Other sports are scheduling some good games despite next year being the toughest year to schedule.

I think it will be great for the state of North Dakota to get a Division I team, with UND maybe looking at it in the future.

I think it will be great for the state of North Dakota to get a Division I team, with UND maybe looking at it in the future.

It already has a D1 team in UND hockey. Then again, our D1 opponents, e.g., Minnesota, Wisconsin, Boston College, Michigan, etc., generally don't have hyphens in their names, or are the poor stepchild of a "crown jewel" whose student body consists of idiots too dumb to get into the top school. On second thought, 'SU may have found finally its niche outside of UND's long shadow. :)

It already has a D1 team in UND hockey.  Then again, our D1 opponents, e.g., Minnesota, Wisconsin, Boston College, Michigan, etc.,  generally don't have hyphens in their names, or are the poor stepchild of a "crown jewel" whose student body consists of idiots too dumb to get into the top school.  On second thought, 'SU may have found finally its niche outside of UND's long shadow.  :)

If I was on the hockey thread, UND would of course get top billing in North Dakota as a Division I hockey school. I am talking football on a football thread. Comprende? :lol:

If I was on the hockey thread, UND would of course get top billing in North Dakota as a Division I hockey school. I am talking football on a football thread. Comprende? :)

Really? I've seen references to bouncyball and "other sports" in this thread, some even from you. No specific references to, or exclusions of, hockey. Maybe instead of waffling like a politician, you can help Whiskey Joe pass the hat when 'SU drops deep into "the red" down the road and it has to pick its students' pockets a bit more.

Really? I've seen references to bouncyball and "other sports" in this thread, some even from you. No specific references to, or exclusions of, hockey. Maybe instead of waffling like a politician, you can help Whiskey Joe pass the hat when 'SU drops deep into "the red" down the road and it has to pick its students' pockets a bit more.

No Comprende :)

Holy Dog*shibby*!! Hockey is a winter sport numb nuts!! Athens is hosting the Summer Games!! This guy just might be a long lost brother of Doogie!!! I bet that guy is only a braincell away from having to wear one of those Hockey helmets all the time. *Special Ed* YEAAAHH!!!

Mr. Bisonfan1234, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Holy Dog*shibby*!! Hockey is a winter sport numb nuts!! Athens is hosting the Summer Games!! This guy just might be a long lost brother of Doogie!!! I bet that guy is only a braincell away from having to wear one of those Hockey helmets all the time. *Special Ed* YEAAAHH!!!

That was my whole point. The "winter olympics" is a complete consumer driven shame. A bunch of stupid sports that no one cares about but since it's the "olympics" then it must be KOOL!!! YEA!!!! WINTAR OLYMPIKS!!! YEA!!!!

The only true olympics are the summer olympics.

That was my whole point. The "winter olympics" is a complete consumer driven shame. A bunch of stupid sports that no one cares about but since it's the "olympics" then it must be KOOL!!! YEA!!!! WINTAR OLYMPIKS!!! YEA!!!!

After reading your gibberish, now I'm becoming dumber. No one cares about winter sports? I care about hockey. Oops. Your statement was just debunked.

Plus, I can name many "summer" sports that I don't care about. Like wrestling. And ballroom dancing. And synchronized swimming. And...it goes on and on.

Hello ! This is my first post here; am a Virginia Tech grad & fan, but thru some good friends, the Fighting Sioux are my "other" favorite team!

On our boards, there is just a running list of posts for football, or basketball, etc. We don't do it quite like this, so I am not sure where to view this to see if it makes it!

I AM interested in NDSU decision to move up. Did (I presume) go to 1-A ?

Someone called them the UMC (I think); don't know what that means.

I live in Richmond Virginia.

Baxter aka Orange & Maroon (Virginia Tech's colors) Sioux.

The only true olympics are the Summer Games because the Winter games are consumer driven shame? Hmmm.... must be you wasn't even out of diapers in 96 when the games where in Atlanta, where McDonald's, Coke-Cola and other companies had spread their corperate feces all over the place. They had to double check all the Japanese flags to make sure they didn't grab some flag that had the Coke-Cola logo on it.

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?  Pyle, you had best unfuck yourself and start shitting me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely f$%k you up. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress. I think you have been cheated!

Too bad you're not from TEXAS!!! :lol::)

Are you really an idiot, or are you working your way to that point?