SiouxSports.com Forum

BISON WOMEN DO IT AGAIN!

Bisonfan1234

Sioux fans have better things to do than watch basketball, like watch their hockey team lose. How about we wait for the official attendance numbers before you take your shots at the Sioux.

I was not the one prophesying the attendance numbers for the men's game-

UND92,96 Posted: Jan 31 2004, 03:59 PM

Even though UND is having a very down year in mens basketball, I can virtually guarantee that the crowd next weekend will be in the 7000 to 8000 range, if not higher.

We'll see. :D

Good one bro..that liberal arts degree from your second-rate school has gotta be paying off big time these days. Hope you enjoyed this one game, but its too bad the suck can't compete with SU in postseason action, cause that's the only time that counts. Good luck winning a couple more hoops titles and 7 more in fball to equal us. Go STATE.

Good one bro..that liberal arts degree from your second-rate school has gotta be paying off big time these days. Hope you enjoyed this one game, but its too bad the suck can't compete with SU in postseason action, cause that's the only time that counts. Good luck winning a couple more hoops titles and 7 more in fball to equal us. Go STATE.

Why would you come on this board as a Bison fan and start bragging about postseason when, after this year, you won't see it in basketball for a minimum of 13 years, probably more like a minimum of 20-25, and in football for a minimum of 4. You have to pick your fights better then that....bro. If the postseason is the only time it counts, then the Bison have a long time ahead to be known as Mr. Irrelevant.

I honestly didn't think there was nearly that many people there, but the official numbers proved me wrong. I saw that the lower bowl of REA seats around 5,900 and there were three or four sections that were half full on each end. I guess there must have been 2,000+ in the suites. Is it a turnstile count at REA or ticket count?

I honestly didn't think there was nearly that many people there, but the official numbers proved me wrong. I saw that the lower bowl of REA seats around 5,900 and there were three or four sections that were half full on each end. I guess there must have been 2,000+ in the suites. Is it a turnstile count at REA or ticket count?

It's a turnstile count. Every ticket is scanned on the way in. I don't have any doubts that there were that many people there at one time, but as I said a lot left early. Unless you've been to several basketball games there (I have), it's very difficult to render a semi-accurate guess of the crowd size just by looking. Last night, I figured there were about 7200 to 7500, and that was about right for early in the men's game.

Before you criticize anybody's academic background, you'd better check out who and who isn't in Princeton Review's 351 Best Colleges. *Hint, it sure as hell isn't Stream Yellow State. And if you ever want to compare 1040s some day, let me know.

Frankly, I could care less about bouncyball at any level, but I do have a perverse habit of baiting the manure eaters at 'SU. Now, get back on your tractor and figure out how Chaps is going to meet those D1 revenue projections he trotted out to the Stream Yellow partisans, legislators, students, etc. Well, maybe he can do that when he figures out how to fill out the FB schedule with teams that don't have three hyphens in their name.

But thanks for stopping by, and I hope the paint thinner doesn't give you too much of a headache.

There was actually a pretty decent number in the upper bowl as well.

The Princeton Review Top 351? A real scientific study based on student reviews of their own school (I guess that means UND is better cause its student body takes the time to send in surveys about how awesome the school is) The world is a lot bigger than GRAND FORKS, ND dude.

Corella,

After talking to my father who was at the game, he confirmed there was a decent crowd in the upper bowl. The couple of times they showed the upper bowl on TV it looked like it was pretty much empty. That's what I was basing my observation on. Obviously, it was incorrect. :):D

Obviously you don't, no good jobs up there unless you're in the military.

UND is a good school.

If you want to stay in ND and go to Med school or law school, then UND is the only option.

SU is the only place if you're interested in pharmacy.

Both have good business and engineering schools.

However, once you have your degree, it's all about finding a job which more than likely means at the least Minneapolis.