SiouxSports.com Forum

Sports Center

01grad

Starting out the top of Sports Center at 8:00 a.m. they had an overtime basketball highlight and then the Sioux overtime loss. That goal the Wisco. player scored was a pretty nice move, also a bad play by the defender to let him get by. That arena was rocking, what a game.

Actually, I think it is because it gave all of the East Coast, eastern hockey, Boston College hockey fans a chance to draw some wood while sitting on their couches, figuring that maybe the revered Eagles will move up to No. 1.

Big deal. I suppose that if they win the BeanPot on Monday night, I suppose that they just might. Big deal again.

Big Sioux win tonight. If I were The Dean, I'd start Jake again. Of course, I'd be stunned if that happens.

NDH ias mostly right.

It made ESPN because, unless BC losses on Monday, BC will take over the #1 slot. I really can't say that I don't care, because I don't want us to lose the #1 in the nation label. I don't know if that label actually means something even now, but I still love it next to the Sioux in the standings.

I was at a NHL All-Star gathering last night and the TVs in the bar showed the OT goal. One of the guys I was with, a former Bruin, looked up and said, "I didn't think anybody was playing this weekend." He was pretty loaded, but it was pretty funny because at first blush he thought that Wisco was Detroit. :p;)

I was at a NHL All-Star gathering last night and the TVs in the bar showed the OT goal. One of the guys I was with, a former Bruin, looked up and said, "I didn't think anybody was playing this weekend." He was pretty loaded, but it was pretty funny because at first blush he thought that Wisco was Detroit. :p;)

Who did he think Detroit was playing :lol:;)

Actually, the comment was something like, "Is Detroit playing one of those f'ing expansion clubs?" Since the final goal seemed so easy. One of my buddies, a Minnesota alum no less, shot back, "No, UND usually plays better than Carolina." :p

It was a pretty good evening. Lots of NHLers and former NHL players in town, big names and no-names. Try getting a cab when everybody is here tonight ... :lol:;)

What is up with that? The first time SportCenter shows a college hockey highlight that isn't the NCAA tourney and it's the Sioux losing.

I hear ya. I was sittin' at the computer & I heard the announcers say they had a nice North Dakota hockey highlight after the basketball game. So I eagerly await (haven't seen them since the 2000-01 Final Four) & the first thing I see is some stinkin' Badger dancin' around a green pylon & top-shelving one on Brandt ;)

#27 (Smaby) was reaching with the stick & not playing the man, allowing the Wisco forward to stickhandle right around him.

Did anyone see the young stars game? Paul Martin was in it, and Pang, Melrose, and is it Thorne talked about him being home. They then mentioned how NJ always seems to get the right young players and mentioned Hale on the blue line and how they traded up to get Parise. It was odd that they just said their last names and didn't elaborate, but hey at least they acknowledged college hockey.