SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Something just reminded me of this - I was going to post about this when it happened but it slipped my mind.  I don't think anyone on this site has mentioned this either.

Game 4 of the Flames/Ducks series.  Ducks were up 2 games to 1 and the Flames had just come off an OT victory in Game 3. This game was tied 2-2 in the third period when Jakob Silfverberg takes a shot from the right faceoff dot and Karri Ramo gives up a rebound.  While this is happening, Ryan Kesler is in front of Ramo screening him.  He's clearly checking to make sure that he's not in the crease and at this point he remains outside of the crease.

The rebound pops out in the slot onto Matt Beleskey's stick who scores on an open net rebound.  Why was the net so wide open?  After making the initial save, Ramo is interfered with by Kesler, who by this point is in the crease and in Ramo's way.

I think what really got me here was I don't recall the announcers even mentioning anything about Kesler interfering with Ramo.  I also don't think the goal was reviewed.  It seemed as if everyone just accepted that there was no interference and nobody questioned it at all.  To me, when watching the reply, it's clear that Kesler interfered with Ramo on the rebound and it shouldn't have been a goal.  At a minimum, I might have accepted this being called a goal if they'd have at least reviewed it and said the call on the ice stands, but there was nothing...

Thoughts?  You can watch it on this highlight starting at the 2:45 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGWlB1qt0I