SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Well, now in 2014, the schools haven't magically become farther apart. Also, the history and tradition are still there. The potential revenue and attendance boost also hasn't changed.

Where you make no sense is where you state the OOC rivalry template and open schedule dates were true in 2003. In 2003, UND and NDSU were not out-of-conference rivals, so that would not apply whatsoever. It just goes to prove you ag tech supporters are blind and selectively believe whatever forms your own pretty little reality; how sad.

I'll fill you in on some reality....

If UND keeps winning natties at its current rate... And NDSU disbands our program..... You won't catch up for over a millennium. Let that sink in.

• Upvote 1

Odds are we play in 2015 and 2018 in Fargo with no guarantee of games beyond that. Bubba wants to play them and I think will help push us to agree to NDSU's terms. At this point we have no leverage, I admit that. Once the game is played I think the demand of the fans will help to push future, consistent games to be scheduled...

There is no way in this or any other universe that we commit to playing all future UND-NDSU games in Fargo (and don't kid yourself, that is exactly what would happen). As for all this "...we have no leverage" nonsense, just because they are having tremendous success right now does not make them a quasi-FBS program (even if their fan base believes that). They do not deserve that kind of preferential treatment. And if that means we never play them in the regular season again, so be it. Faison has shown us his hand on this and he isn't going to cave in. And that is how it should be.

• Upvote 1

Think of the epic meltdown on BV, especially watching UND beating them twice a year in the Olympic sports then beating them in football like in the 90's and 2000's.

Hey what was UND's record against NDSU in football in the 90's? 5-5. Cute. You strive for mediocrity.

There is no way in this or any other universe that we commit to playing all future UND-NDSU games in Fargo (and don't kid yourself, that is exactly what would happen). As for all this "...we have no leverage" nonsense, just because they are having tremendous success right now does not make them a quasi-FBS program (even if their fan base believes that). They do not deserve that kind of preferential treatment. And if that means we never play them in the regular season again, so be it. Faison has shown us his hand on this and he isn't going to cave in. And that is how it should be.

^^^^^ This!!!

Think of the epic meltdown on BV, especially watching UND beating them twice a year in the Olympic sports then beating them in football like in the 90's and 2000's.

Of course, that's the concern. They should have scheduled UND as soon as they could to catch up a bit on the overall record between the flagship university in Grand Forks and the fast food vo-tech in Fargo. They blew it and they know it. In a few short years, the football programs will be on even ground and they'll end up 20 games or worse in the hole to the University of North Dakota.

I can't believe that UND graduates waste their time approving the University of Home Economics's graduates paychecks every other week...

Hey what was UND's record against NDSU in football in the 90's? 5-5. Cute. You strive for mediocrity.

Good to see that NDSU math education at work again! :silly:

1990: NDSU

1991: NDSU

1992: NDSU

1993: UND

1994: UND twice

1995: UND once, NDSU once

1996: UND

1997: NDSU

1998: UND

1999: UND

Based on my count, that adds up to 7 wins for UND and 5 wins for NDSU. Your math would work in George Orwell's 1984, but that is about it.

Nice try, please play again. :p

I'll fill you in on some reality....

If UND keeps winning natties at its current rate... And NDSU disbands our program..... You won't catch up for over a millennium. Let that sink in.

That certainly means a lot coming from someone with your cerebral stature [verbally ironic].

Again, you wonderfully demonstrate the ridiculous intellect that you and your fellow NDSU supporters possess.

NDSU is not a big deal outside of Fargo; that moronic NDSU flag project is the perfect example of how the university tries to make its supporters feel less insecure.

Try UND 7-5. Nice NDSU math.

And it is interesting to note, starting in 1993 (the Mike Mooney "theft" game) through 1999, UND was 7-2 in the series. Extend that to 2003 (our last meeting) and it's 10-3. That one play in that one game symbolized the shift in power in the NCC and in North Dakota in college football that took place in the mid-1990's.

Of course, Rocky "Knucklehead" Hager will blame it all on Division II scholarship reductions. :silly:

Good to see that NDSU math education at work again! :silly:

1990: NDSU

1991: NDSU

1992: NDSU

1993: UND

1994: UND twice

1995: UND once, NDSU once

1996: UND

1997: NDSU

1998: UND

1999: UND

Based on my count, that adds up to 7 wins for UND and 5 wins for NDSU. Your math would work in George Orwell's 1984, but that is about it.

Nice try, please play again. :p

The Wikipedia page lies. Further review... Indicates you are correct. Further...I was not looking at playoff games.

Still won more titles in the 90's.. Which is also equal to UND's total of championships. Way to strive for average!

We need not worry about The University of Home Economics playing UND in the near future. They appear to be joining the Big Sky Conference with their scheduling. It's just a matter of time.

It's the only way they can improve their lot. Bisonville must be having a meltdown about playing the Big Fluffy.

The Wikipedia page lies. Further review... Indicates you are correct. Further...I was not looking at playoff games.

Still won more titles in the 90's.. Which is also equal to UND's total of championships. Way to strive for average!

Your ability to compensate is childish at best. Then again, that may be appropriate for you.

That certainly means a lot coming from someone with your cerebral stature [verbally ironic].

Again, you wonderfully demonstrate the ridiculous intellect that you and your fellow NDSU supporters possess.

NDSU is not a big deal outside of Fargo; that moronic NDSU flag project is the perfect example of how the university tries to make its supporters feel less insecure.

.....11>1 and you say NDSU is not big outside of Fargo....? What do you think UND is?

Your total championships in the 90's (1) equals our total championships in the 2000's (1) Football only.

For being such a big fan of NDSU football, you should know all this by heart. And stop spinning so much, you'll get dizzy! :p

Sometimes I think we're a little too mean to the University of Home Economics graduates.

After all, they get one thing in their lives to pretend to be better at...lower tier college football. They can whisper "fcs champs!" under their breaths while they listen to UND graduates order them around at work.

That's gotta be demoralizing, especially for those poor third rate felons...

• Upvote 1

And it is interesting to note, starting in 1993 (the Mike Mooney "theft" game) through 1999, UND was 7-2 in the series. Extend that to 2003 (our last meeting) and it's 10-3. That one play in that one game symbolized the shift in power in the NCC and in North Dakota in college football that took place in the mid-1990's.

Of course, Rocky "Knucklehead" Hager will blame it all on Division II scholarship reductions. :silly:

Remember Bison fans have that selective memory they don't look at the overall series or the latest years of the series. Their brain stopped at 1992 and restarted in 2010.

Ah yes, but you forget darell1976, hockey is a "niche sport" that nobody outside of Grand Forks cares about. Yeah and which city is Matt Greene bringing the Stanley Cup to again? ;)

But I am sure NDSU football players in the NFL brings the Lombardi Trophy to Fargo....don't they?

.....11>1 and you say NDSU is not big outside of Fargo....? What do you think UND is?

Eight of those titles (five playoff titles and three beauty contests) were Division II titles and three of them were FCS titles. How many people outside of Imperial Cass County care about D-II and FCS titles? Yes, I know, UND is at the same level, but nationally no one outside of our immediate region cares about those. I don't have a problem with that, but all the bandwagoners in your fan base do. And they HATE being called out on it.

NDSU = Big Time only in the minds of their most delusional fans.

Eight of those titles (five playoff titles and three beauty contests) were Division II titles and three of them were FCS titles. How many people outside of Imperial Cass County care about D-II and FCS titles? Yes, I know, UND is at the same level, but nationally no one outside of our immediate region cares about those. I don't have a problem with that, but all the bandwagoners in your fan base do. And they HATE being called out on it.

NDSU = Big Time only in the minds of their most delusional fans.

Do you think UNC, Cal Poly, Central Michigan, Montana St, Louisiana Tech, Lehigh, Jacksonville St, Eastern Illinois, Delaware, Texas State and Troy still brag about their DII titles like the way NDSU does?

Do you think UNC, Cal Poly, Central Michigan, Montana St, Louisiana Tech, Lehigh, Jacksonville St, Eastern Illinois, Delaware, Texas State and Troy still brag about their DII titles like the way NDSU does?

I would guess no. But very few schools have the level of delusion infecting their fan base like NDSU does.

NDSU educates a lot of international students in aviation? Did not know that.

NDSU educates professionals in medicine and law? Did not know that.

NDSU has a top business school? Did not know that.

NDSU has a MLB president? Did not know that.

NDSU has produced alumni whom are capable of donating entire athletic arenas?

NDSU has produced star players in a major professional sport league (NHL)?

The list goes on and on...