SiouxSports.com Forum

Class B Tournament in Grand Forks

SiouxVolley

I THINK you MISSED the hidden JOKE inside my POST. LOL.

Oh I got it...just want to make sure that all the BB experts, myself not included, understand you (and I) know ZERO on this topic!!

Yeah, that's the auditorium. Not an awful place to play. We drove up from Rhame for Class B day up there and played Bowbells when I was a senior. The place is showing its age but it was a fun experience for a bunch of guys who played half of their games in the gym in Rhame...

Yeah, my high school was lucky enough to play our district and regional hoops games there back in the day. Always liked playing there...it was a big deal for us small-towners.:)

Why would they cap their enrollment around 150 when the cuttoff for Class A is around 325?

Trinity doesn't cap their enrollment. Believe me, everyone involved with Trinity would have loved to be at least the size of St Mary's and have 400+ students back in 1991 when the school dropped to Class B. You can't force people to send their kids to a school, especially with rising costs that cause tuition to go up.

And this recruiting lie in the other post really is getting annoying. People that spread this stuff around need to provide more proof. Name one player that you question that you think was recruited and let people respond to it. Post it on a site like the northdakotapreps.com and let the high school posters have at it. I can tell you that almost all of the players that I can think of that were on Trinity's state championship teams were kids with Catholic families with multiple ties to the school. How is that recruiting when those kinds of kids go there?

Trinity doesn't cap their enrollment. Believe me, everyone involved with Trinity would have loved to be at least the size of St Mary's and have 400+ students back in 1991 when the school dropped to Class B. You can't force people to send their kids to a school, especially with rising costs that cause tuition to go up.

And this recruiting lie in the other post really is getting annoying. People that spread this stuff around need to provide more proof. Name one player that you question that you think was recruited and let people respond to it. Post it on a site like the northdakotapreps.com and let the high school posters have at it. I can tell you that almost all of the players that I can think of that were on Trinity's state championship teams were kids with Catholic families with multiple ties to the school. How is that recruiting when those kinds of kids go there?

I don't believe I said they recruit. I'm actually in agreement with you.