SiouxSports.com Forum

New Recruiting Philosophy

UND-FB-FAN

Definitely looks like Bubba & staff will be focusing on North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and even Michigan. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I for one believe this strategy, along with the new solid defense, physical ground game mindset that will be implemented, should take the program to new heights.

Personally, I believe for us to be successful we need to have about 50% of our entire roster from ND,SD,MN, with another 25% from WI,Ill,IA and NE. Having kids from the midwest that have great work ethic, smart and tough will help us return the program to its former glory. Not that I want us to become a power running team only, but to have the ability to pound the ball down the field when we need to and open up play action. Bubba seems to be headed this direction and I am excited to see what we look like over the next few years.

Every place a recruit has been signed from gets touted as a great place to have a pipeline from.

I think if the new staff announced they were hitting Canada hard it would be celebrated here. I'm not sure it matters much. I support the staff until the results say otherwise.

Every place a recruit has been signed from gets touted as a great place to have a pipeline from.

I think if the new staff announced they were hitting Canada hard it would be celebrated here. I'm not sure it matters much. I support the staff until the results say otherwise.

Canada has a lot of good raw players. Baylor had had some great linemen come out of the great white north.

Bamba?

Don't misunderstand my Canada reference as a denigration to Canadian players. I meant, it doesn't matter where their pipeline is coming from. Most here, as I do, will support the staff until the results on the field show the recruiting efforts need to go elsewhere.

Don't misunderstand my Canada reference as a denigration to Canadian players. I meant, it doesn't matter where their pipeline is coming from. Most here, as I do, will support the staff until the results on the field show the recruiting efforts need to go elsewhere.

For the record I wouldn't want a pipeline from Cali Texas Florida or any state I between them. We can find enough skill in the Midwest and won't have to rob peter to pay paul just to get them here.