SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerome Beasley and Myron Allen

sioux24/7

I was fairly young when Beasley and Allen were here and I was just wondering what the story was on how we managed to land them? I saw that Allen was a McDonald's All-American as a senior in HS and Beasley was a nominee or something like that. Why can't we get kids like that now? Is it easier to get in as a D2 school grade wise?

As I recall, Beasley was not even considered the jewel of that year's class of juco transfers. Robert Lolar was supposed to have been the star. I think Beasley caught everyone by surprise with how good he ended up being. He had only averaged something like 8 ppg as a juco sophomore.

Was Myron Allen the guy that was declared ineligible because he had participated in a FM Beez scrimmage or something?

I think it was some kind of tryout for the Beez. Not sure of the exact details of it. He had only played in a few games for UND before that information came to light. And just like that, his career was over.

EDIT: Here's an old thread about it: http://forum.siouxsp...en-eligibility/

Was Myron Allen the guy that was declared ineligible because he had participated in a FM Beez scrimmage or something?

Something like that. Maybe "teamsioux" recalls? (APB)

He had signed with Kansas, I believe, but couldn't get admitted. At least that is how I remember it.