SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Minnesota Morris

sioux24/7

I only saw a few minutes of the game tonight, but looking over the box score I'm pretty pleased. North Dakota demolished an inferior opponent like they should have. Only 6 turnovers. Shot well from 3 point range. Looks like the two guys I was most curious about had good nights, Nash and Hooker.

Concerned about post play. If Brekke truly is done, then Traylor needs to have a big year offensively, because it appears that Salmonson and Calcaterra may be no more than depth guys...................

• Upvote 1

My thoughts from last night going into Mad Town:

Huff and Anderson just being Huff and Anderson -- solid to exceptional.

Hooker made red-shirt decision hard for coaches. He showed last night what I saw in the scrimmage back in October. Kid is going to be a special player.

Nash really upped his game since I saw him in the scrimmage. Competition level aside, his athleticism is something that I did not see much of last year in the Big Sky.

Webb simply makes things miserable for the opposition with his defense and craftiness under the basket. I still get a ball in my stomach when he's at the line and when he attempts those awkward set shot three pointers. Sometimes those treys go in, though, and often at opportune times.

Antwi: solid bench minutes guy. Got to step it up against better teams, though.

Post play: I don't know about lumping Salmonson in with Calcaterra's mediocre to horrible play. Ryan, I think, didn't show his best last night. He's got a bigger upside than anyone else at the 5 spot (assuming Brekke is done). As for #33, I'm trying to weigh in my mind if he is about where Wilmer was ability-wise as a junior. Jury is still out for me on "Calc" and whether he'll improve with time.

Benton: I think this will be his break out year off the bench.

Hobaugh is a maniac on defense and appears to be able to shoot the rock from long range.

Blake Thomas has a lot of heart and works is butt off when he comes off the end of the bench.

With Brekke's status bleak to unknown, it's a bit of a consolation to know that we did not show everything last night, namely we still have Traylor at the 4/5 to factor into our season as well as another proven guard in Schuler. Both have shown flashes of brilliant play.

Tyler: Wait until next year.

Stefan: Most likely wait until next year.

• Upvote 1

I only saw a few minutes of the game tonight, but looking over the box score I'm pretty pleased. North Dakota demolished an inferior opponent like they should have. Only 6 turnovers. Shot well from 3 point range. Looks like the two guys I was most curious about had good nights, Nash and Hooker.

Concerned about post play. If Brekke truly is done, then Traylor needs to have a big year offensively, because it appears that Salmonson and Calcaterra may be no more than depth guys...................

Nash is going to be the real deal, a great addition and Hooker didn't look like a freshman. (Actually he looks like a linebacker!) I was really excited about getting Calcaterra when it happened, but wasn't impressed at all. Agree on the post play. Salmonson was somewhat better, but I think success is going to hinge on Traylor and getting Brekke to contribute.

I saw Doug Archer on the bench. Is he grad assisting?