SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

Believe they missed 3 field goals and only lost by a field goal so that was a big part of it I thought I saw they were like 4-12 on field goals coming into today's game.

I don't think the new kicker should get too comfy...

Game over just in time to watch Miami choke against the Packers.

...followed promptly by the fake spike completed pass for a first and goal.

It's like watching a Freddy Krueger movie...you know how this is gonna end: TD Packers

Atta boy, Dolphins. Hook, line, and sinker on the fake spike and you hand victory to GB.

Horrible defensive coaching on that play. DB almost 10 yards off the WR counting on the spike...defensive line standing with arms on their hips...I totally knew it was a fake spike before it happened but somebody on Miami's sideline had no clue?

Atta boy, Dolphins. Hook, line, and sinker on the fake spike and you hand victory to GB.

Horrible defensive coaching on that play. DB almost 10 yards off the WR counting on the spike...defensive line standing with arms on their hips...I totally knew it was a fake spike before it happened but somebody on Miami's sideline had no clue?

Admit it.......you have all the "Discount Double Check" commercials DVR'd cause you got a man crush on ARog too.

Vikings offense has been beyond bad today. Teddy has 3 picks today though only one is really on him, receivers with some bad drops and having trouble getting open, but worst of all the OL looks like turnstiles and could very well be the worst in the entire NFL.

The offense was screwed the moment it was announced that Adrian Pederson was being deactivated until his legal problems are resolved.  There will be some big changes in the offseason for the offense.

After the Lions drove down the field on their first possession, the defense played fairly solid: 17 points isn't all that bad of a total to give up.  The Zimmer Effect on the D is apparent.

It's easy to forget that the Lions have a top 5 defense this year (can't believe I used "Lions" and "top 5 defense" in the same breath) and when you don't have AP in the backfield and have to rely on a couple of rookies to run the ball, it's tough on a rookie QB to move the team down the field with any consistency.

As for the O Line, that needs some serious reconstructive surgery in the offseason.  If you can't protect and you can't run block, you will not score many points in this league.

Bridgewater will be fine.  He has shown more in three games than Ponder showed in three years.  This is a good year for him to learn on the job since this team isn't going to the playoffs anyway.

Admit it.......you have all the "Discount Double Check" commercials DVR'd cause you got a man crush on ARog too.

I'm a Lions and Dolphins fan, but have soured on Miami since Jimmy Johnson showed Dan Marino the door. There was no question Miami was going to find an incredibly stupid way to choke that game away today...and they fulfilled every expectation in doing so.

You'll tank us later...hilarious.

I'm a Lions and Dolphins fan, but have soured on Miami since Jimmy Johnson showed Dan Marino the door. There was no question Miami was going to find an incredibly stupid way to choke that game away today...and they fulfilled every expectation in doing so.

You'll tank us later...hilarious.

I think your Lions may be putting all the pieces together for a playoff run.  And considering how much crap their fan base has had to put up with for so many years, I am happy for them.

The offense was screwed the moment it was announced that Adrian Pederson was being deactivated until his legal problems are resolved.  There will be some big changes in the offseason for the offense.

After the Lions drove down the field on their first possession, the defense played fairly solid: 17 points isn't all that bad of a total to give up.  The Zimmer Effect on the D is apparent.

It's easy to forget that the Lions have a top 5 defense this year (can't believe I used "Lions" and "top 5 defense" in the same breath) and when you don't have AP in the backfield and have to rely on a couple of rookies to run the ball, it's tough on a rookie QB to move the team down the field with any consistency.

As for the O Line, that needs some serious reconstructive surgery in the offseason.  If you can't protect and you can't run block, you will not score many points in this league.

Bridgewater will be fine.  He has shown more in three games than Ponder showed in three years.  This is a good year for him to learn on the job since this team isn't going to the playoffs anyway.

Yeah I wasn't real concerned with how Teddy performed today as I felt it was more a result of the play around him. Lots of drops from receivers, little separation from receivers, very poor protection, and lack of a consistent running game  will make any QB look poor. I was impressed with the Lions D and there d line is very good which it should be with the high picks on it but I was surprised by how well they were able to cover Vikings receivers as that is usually their big weakness. I agree with Teddy being the future at QB and they will have to start building around him with many areas that need to be upgraded in the offseason OL, WR, RB(if Peterson isn't back next year), LB, a safety to start opposite of Smith, and maybe another corner as well.

I think your Lions may be putting all the pieces together for a playoff run.  And considering how much crap their fan base has had to put up with for so many years, I am happy for them.

I thought that last year, too, after the Thanksgiving Day massacre of Green Bay...then it all went to hell. 

I thought that last year, too, after the Thanksgiving Day massacre of Green Bay...then it all went to hell. 

I think the worm is starting to turn in your favor.  Stafford is staying healthy for once, the defense is suddenly solid as a rock and you won today on the road without two of your best athletes.  You don't have much to worry about when it comes to the "Motor City Kitties". :D

I think the worm is starting to turn in your favor. Stafford is staying healthy for once, the defense is suddenly solid as a rock and you won today on the road without two of your best athletes. You don't have much to worry about when it comes to the "Motor City Kitties". :D

That Buffalo game is one they should have had in the W column...easily.