SiouxSports.com Forum

Opening Drive

geaux_sioux

A combination of acetaminophen and caffeine won't be necessary, but thanks for the gesture. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to supporting the team against Montana State a week from Saturday. After all, I have mentioned before on here that I believe the team can make that game competitive, and even if the team loses two more games, they could still have a shot at the playoffs with a 7-4 record. In a more realistic sense, the chances this team records 7 wins largely falls on the potential improvement of the defense and overall discipline of the team. With the way the team has played thus far, I don't see it.

Doesn't that feel a little better at least.

Is it me or is the production value on "Through These Doors" substantially higher than "Opening Drive"?

I'm pretty sure they have more man power but still. It does seem to be a little higher. I'm not sure why they can't manage once a week or even every other week. Maybe Jayson can't elaborate on that. What I don't like is that there are good story lines they could work on and they don't even try. That would get people to watch ala Hard Knocks.

I'm pretty sure they have more man power but still. It does seem to be a little higher. I'm not sure why they can't manage once a week or even every other week. Maybe Jayson can't elaborate on that. What I don't like is that there are good story lines they could work on and they don't even try. That would get people to watch ala Hard Knocks.

It is a manpower issue.

Many may not be aware of this, but Through These Doors and Opening Drive are conceived, written, shot, edited and produced entirely by student workers (with an assist from Matt Schill when his insane schedule permits). Having already sacrificed their nights and weekends for us, these kids are also juggling full class loads, as well as an actual paying-job or two. Unfortunately, the reality is there are too many sports and too many great storyline possibilities, and not enough manpower.

I know you didn't mean offense when you said "they don't even try." These kids are absolutely busting it for us -- and for the fans -- for little to no pay. We'd love to be able to do even more with TTD or Opening Drive, and we'd love to be able to offer similar programming for other sports, such as basketball. In fact, that is a long term goal of ours. We simply don't have enough resources to go around at this time.

While we'll always gladly take feedback, in my opinion these guys are doing wonders (an Upper Midwest Emmy nomination!) with what they have to work with and my hope is that the majority of our viewers agree.

It is a manpower issue.

Many may not be aware of this, but Through These Doors and Opening Drive are conceived, written, shot, edited and produced entirely by student workers (with an assist from Matt Schill when his insane schedule permits). Having already sacrificed their nights and weekends for us, these kids are also juggling full class loads, as well as an actual paying-job or two. Unfortunately, the reality is there are too many sports and too many great storyline possibilities, and not enough manpower.

I know you didn't mean offense when you said "they don't even try." These kids are absolutely busting it for us -- and for the fans -- for little to no pay. We'd love to be able to do even more with TTD or Opening Drive, and we'd love to be able to offer similar programming for other sports, such as basketball. In fact, that is a long term goal of ours. We simply don't have enough resources to go around at this time.

While we'll always gladly take feedback, in my opinion these guys are doing wonders (an Upper Midwest Emmy nomination!) with what they have to work with and my hope is that the majority of our viewers agree.

Dont even try is in reference to showing story lines. They skim the surface on some stuff but for the most part just recap the games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

It is a manpower issue.

I guess those resources ran out?

• Upvote 2

TTD is a great time. Its a good show, brings the players close to come, introduces a little personality to the players.

I had been thinking they should do this for football -- wasn't aware of Opening Drive. That should come back!

• Upvote 1

I highly suggest the UND athletics department and the marketing division look into producing another "insideer series" for the 2016 UND football season. The anticipation and excitement will be very high for UND football coming off a winning season and expecting a playoff campaign in 2016.

I second this. It certainly helps that the product on the field is relevant again.