SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Hockey on DirecTV tonight?

DakotaSioux

WFT that is the only reason why I got the sports package was for Sioux games. I'm not happy right now!!!!

I thought the Sioux had a contract to show all home games?

FCS shows all home UND hockey games. FCS has 3 different channels. All 3 are shown on Dish. I don't believe that all 3 FCS channels are shown on DirecTV. DirecTV picks and chooses which channels, and which games, it shows. Not all UND games have been on DirecTV.

I don't think any of the fcs games are available on dish network.

Directv has skipped over a handful of Sioux hockey games this year for other programming on their extra sports channels. Most recent that comes to mind was a bison basketball game that was aired instead of the Sioux/Wisconsin or was it bemidji? game.

What we really all should have started doing three years ago was to lobby DirecTV to carry all three FCS channels full time, just like Comcast and Dish do. Unfortunately, we didn't really have any issues with DirecTV cutting out some of the games until this season.

All 3 are shown on Dish.

None are shown on dish; not a part of any dish package, dish has never had, in the past nor the present, fcs channels. No contract with directtv, not now nor in the past, they just chose to pick up Sioux hockey through this year, but, as others have posted, they don't pick up all home games. Tonight is one of those they will not show. Next year CBSSports and midco have total control, and FCS is done for Sioux hockey. The only hope for satellite TV next year is that Dish/Directv add midco sports net to their sports pak add-ons.

Redneck is right, most cable co's have the three fcs channels as part of their digital packages. Again, after this weekend, that will not help anyway, for satellite or non-midco cable, unless those cable co's/satellite TV providers add midco sports net, as well as CBSSports. Dish/directtv need to know that not adding midco sports net is a dealbreaker for you, either they do it, or we drop the service for something else.

What all DirecTV and Dish viewers need to do now is email your provder in support of picking up Midco Sports Network. Midco is presenting to both DirecTV and Dish this August to be carried. See the following thread:

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/18034-impact-of-new-conference-on-tv-broadcast/page__st__180

Id bet the Chances of dish or directv picking up midcosportsnet is very very slim.

Don't get me wrong I'd be very happy if it happened but I wouldn't count on it.

Id bet the Chances of dish or directv picking up midcosportsnet is very very slim.

Don't get me wrong I'd be very happy if it happened but I wouldn't count on it.

That's why Midco needs our help. I know many that frequent this forum, including myself (even though I'm a Midco customer), have emailed either DirecTV or Dish. Doing so won't hurt anything, and can only help the matter.

The game is not on the schedule for Saturday either.

According to Schlossman, it is on 626.

WEEKEND VIEWING: Both games will be on MidcoSN and Fox College Sports Central. There is NO DirecTV tonight. There IS DirecTV on Saturday (626). There IS a webcast for purchase at www.undsports.com and there WILL BE live chats that be tons of fun so come join.

That's why Midco needs our help. I know many that frequent this forum, including myself (even though I'm a Midco customer), have emailed either DirecTV or Dish. Doing so won't hurt anything, and can only help the matter.

I've seen how both dish and direct tv work through some personal experiences. You get a cookie cutter response for these types of requests. Even if directv gets tens of thousands of these requests I doubt they'll blink an eye at it. Directv has already trumped Sioux programming for other games all year long. They only have so much bandwidth to show so many things and I'd venture to guess it boils down to ratings.

If midcosportsnet wants to sell their programming they'll need to bring a successful track record to the table. The big ten network has done it. Can midco do it? Sure they can. Problem is midcosportsnets current footprint's population is minute compared to the big ten. I'd like to see it happen but won't hold my breath.

I've seen how both dish and direct tv work through some personal experiences. You get a cookie cutter response for these types of requests. Even if directv gets tens of thousands of these requests I doubt they'll blink an eye at it. Directv has already trumped Sioux programming for other games all year long. They only have so much bandwidth to show so many things and I'd venture to guess it boils down to ratings.

If midcosportsnet wants to sell their programming they'll need to bring a successful track record to the table. The big ten network has done it. Can midco do it? Sure they can. Problem is midcosportsnets current footprint's population is minute compared to the big ten. I'd like to see it happen but won't hold my breath.

Just make sure you're emailing DirecTV or Dish while you're not holding your breath.

It is not on their schedule. Look for yourself.

The satellite "guides" are often wrong, or don't show until the next guide update, often the same day of the game. My dish guide did not show the Thursday afteroon "class b hs basketball" tournament on local NBC last week, and when it was finally added, it showed "ND highschool hockey". So I'd expect you'll find Sat. night on 626, in spite of what the guide shows today.

Don't mean to be such a pessimist but that's how I feel on the subject. Both direct and dish will be getting emails from me though:)

I'm emailing as well, Red, even though I don't hold out much hope at it being added. We will eventually be moving out of this oil country, and there's a chance it will be to a midco area, in which case I'll get Sioux hockey once again.