SiouxSports.com Forum

Possible Scenarios for Tourney

UNDsportsFANATIC

I've been trying to find out what some possible scenarios would be given tomorrow night game outcomes.

So if all three teams loose (Southern Utah, NAU, Sac St.), they will stay in the places they are in now? What if one of those teams win, will that team move up and the other teams trade places?

**Another question of mine: Seeing that the 3 seed plays the 6 seed, who would the winner of that game play? The winner of the 2 and 7 seed, or the number 1 seed?

Please help! This is boggling my mind :crazy: Go sioux!

**The most important question

I believe someone said on another thread that there is reseeding after first round. That would mean if both UND and the #2 seed win, UND would play the #2 seed. However, if the #7 seed upsets the #2 seed then #7 seed would play the #1 seed, while UND plays the winner of the #4 vs#5 match up.

Since only 7 teams maki it to the conf tournament, the #1 team get's a first round bye, and will face the lowest remaining seed in the semi's

Here is a scenario

Round 1

#1 Montana vs BYE

#2 Weber State vs #7 Northern Arizona

#3 North Dakota vs #6 Southern Utah

#4 Northern Colorado vs #5 Montana State

Then the teams are re-seeded. The highest remaining seed plays the lowest remaining seed, so if teams 1-4 all win in round 1

#1 Montana vs #4 Northern Colorado

#2 Weber State vs #3 North Dakota

Lets say, if NAU beat Weber, North Dakota beat SUU and MSU beat UNC you'd get

#1 Montana vs #7 N. Arizona

#3 North Dakota vs #5 Montana State

So basically, highest remaining seed always plays the lowest and so on and so forth from there

Since only 7 teams maki it to the conf tournament, the #1 team get's a first round bye, and will face the lowest remaining seed in the semi's

Here is a scenario

Round 1

#1 Montana vs BYE

#2 Weber State vs #7 Northern Arizona

#3 North Dakota vs #6 Southern Utah

#4 Northern Colorado vs #5 Montana State

Then the teams are re-seeded. The highest remaining seed plays the lowest remaining seed, so if teams 1-4 all win in round 1

#1 Montana vs #4 Northern Colorado

#2 Weber State vs #3 North Dakota

Lets say, if NAU beat Weber, North Dakota beat SUU and MSU beat UNC you'd get

#1 Montana vs #7 N. Arizona

#3 North Dakota vs #5 Montana State

So basically, highest remaining seed always plays the lowest and so on and so forth from there

I was wondering how all that worked. Thanks for pointing this out.

It seems to me that WSU and Montana are the cream of the Big Sky crop this year. Of course, I hope for an upset, with UND advancing, but it's going to be tough to knock off either of those teams.

Would you really rather go that route bin? I just worry how that team previously dominated us and that worries me. Hopefully they will get knocked off early by MT St., NAU, or Southern Utah. I like our chances to face any other team in the big sky outside of Weber St.

Although! UND usually decides to turn things up around this time of year, for some reason! Sort of excited about that.

Just having some fun with WILDCAT. I don't much care how we get to the title game, just so long as we get there.

I just have it in the back of my mind that 3 different times under Coach Jones, the Sioux were swept in the regular season by South Dakota, and then we beat them in the tournament. Once in the NCC tourney, once in the Independent tourney, and once in the Great West tourney. I'd like to see that happen this year with either Weber or Montana.

Beating either Weber or Montana for the first time this season will be a tall task. Either way, its looking like the tourney will be the first time we have been even close to 100% healthy all season so that should not hurt. Hopefully either (or both) of those teams see a different UND team than they saw both times earlier this season.

Any idea of the conference tournament will be on ESPN 3 or if it will be shown anywhere?

Before SUU and UND joined, the Qrt final games where on bigskytv only, the semi's were on altitude, and the championship game was on one of the ESPNs.

I dont actually know what the plans are for this year, I wouldnt be suprised to see altitude pick the semi final games up again, Root went lame duck on us so I dont expect them to pick them up.

The only post season game that the Big Sky website has being televised is the championship game by ESPNU

From what I heard we should be full strength for the tournament. Schuler practiced full today and will see some minutes tomorrow and with another 3 days of practice for him and brekke we should have all our players together for basically the first time since game one. Let the games begin.

Before SUU and UND joined, the Qrt final games where on bigskytv only, the semi's were on altitude, and the championship game was on one of the ESPNs.

I dont actually know what the plans are for this year, I wouldnt be suprised to see altitude pick the semi final games up again, Root went lame duck on us so I dont expect them to pick them up.

The only post season game that the Big Sky website has being televised is the championship game by ESPNU

All games except the final will be on Big Sky TV... and the final on ESPNU as you said.